PDA

View Full Version : Jim Jordan next to try shot for speaker of the House

Gunny
10-14-2023, 10:18 AM
My only issue with Jordan is his preoccupation with Trump.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/national/article_db4a6d6e-6a0d-11ee-ba32-277443b2ef2e.html

Kathianne
10-14-2023, 01:20 PM
My only issue with Jordan is his preoccupation with Trump.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/national/article_db4a6d6e-6a0d-11ee-ba32-277443b2ef2e.html

Agreed. There's time I like his attacking like a tiger, but I don't like the nastiness that often comes with dealing with opposition. I have no problem with adversarial aspect of politics, it's expected. However, I do think that acceptance that others have different POV, that one will work to defeat at best; whittle down if that is best at time, doesn't mean that one has to hate the person.

Almost a version of 'hate the sin, not the sinner.' The lack of respect is the root of many problems both within and between groups right now.

Gunny
10-15-2023, 10:43 AM
Agreed. There's time I like his attacking like a tiger, but I don't like the nastiness that often comes with dealing with opposition. I have no problem with adversarial aspect of politics, it's expected. However, I do think that acceptance that others have different POV, that one will work to defeat at best; whittle down if that is best at time, doesn't mean that one has to hate the person.

Almost a version of 'hate the sin, not the sinner.' The lack of respect is the root of many problems both within and between groups right now.I have only seen him interact with that crazy, woke part-timer from Virgin Islands or some such place so I don't have a good perspective. The fact he hasn't physically thrown her out a window is showing the utmost restraint, IMO.

However, I do have him wrapped up in the going after J. Biden, trying to nose Congress into both H. Biden's and Trump's court cases, and just generally playing partisan tit-for-tat instead of trying to steer the Republicant's in a direction of accomplishing something positive for the country.

Same old story. The Republican position is too precarious, especially with "I/Me" traitors in their midst, to be focusing on petty BS and obstructing government.

SassyLady
10-15-2023, 09:19 PM
I like Jordan.