PDA

View Full Version : Niki Haley wants to bring Palestinians to USA

SassyLady
10-17-2023, 10:42 AM
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/10/nikki-haley-calls-bring-one-million-hamas-supporting/

She's no longer on my dance card.

Kathianne
10-17-2023, 10:52 AM
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/10/nikki-haley-calls-bring-one-million-hamas-supporting/

If she really thinks one can tell terrorists from civilians, I agree with you.

fj1200
10-17-2023, 11:03 AM
Her statement didn't really equal the narrative.

You gotta understand, whether we’re talking about Gazans and Palestinians, all of them, you know, you got half of them at the time I was there didn’t want to be under Hamas’s rule. They didn’t want to have terrorists oversee them. They knew that they were living a terrible life because of Hamas. Yeah, the other half supported Hamas and wanted to be a part of that. We see that with Iran too. The Iranian people don’t want to be under that Iranian regime… There are so many of these people who want to be free from this terrorist rule. They want to be free from all of that. And Americans have always been sympathetic to the fact that you can separate civilians from terrorists and that is what we have to do.”

Kathianne
10-17-2023, 11:06 AM
Her statement didn't really equal the narrative.

I don't have a problem with anyone legally applying for admittance to US, whether through emergency sanctuary via an embassy or through regular immigration process.

I do not think we can tell 'terrorists' from 'those not wanting to be there.'

fj1200
10-17-2023, 11:16 AM
I don't have a problem with anyone legally applying for admittance to US, whether through emergency sanctuary via an embassy or through regular immigration process.

I do not think we can tell 'terrorists' from 'those not wanting to be there.'

No disagreement. I'm just trying to track down what she said in what context and in response to what question. So far I'm coming up dry.

Kathianne
10-17-2023, 11:17 AM
No disagreement. I'm just trying to track down what she said in what context and in response to what question. So far I'm coming up dry.

I did the same before my first post.

Kathianne
10-17-2023, 11:21 AM
24 minutes ago.

Seems more they were talking about Palestinians, not wholesale movement of refugees:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/he-called-you-politically-correct-nikki-haley-squirms-as-fox-anchor-asks-if-she-stands-by-saying-not-all-palestinians-support-hamas/

‘He Called You Politically Correct’: Nikki Haley Squirms As Fox Anchor Asks If She Stands By Saying Not All Palestinians Support Hamas
Alex GriffingOct 17th, 2023, 11:54 am
94 comments

submit to reddit

GOP 2024 presidential candidate Nikki Haley joined Fox News’s Bill Hemmer on Tuesday to discuss the Israel-Hamas conflict. Hemmer pressed Haley about an ongoing spat she and Governor Ron DeSantis (R) were having regarding her pushback against DeSantis’s recent comments labeling all Gazan citizens “antisemitic” and a danger if brought into the United States.

“The other day, you said half of the Palestinians don’t want to be ruled by Hamas. I don’t know if you were speaking about all Palestinians or just those living in the Gaza Strip? Ron DeSantis, in a time of politics, jumped on that remark. He said this,” Hemmer began, before playing a clip from DeSantis.

“She’s trying to be politically correct. She’s trying to please the media and people on the left. I don’t care about that. I’m going to speak the truth and let the chips fall where they may,” DeSantis said in the clip, doubling down on his comments.

Hemmer then asked Haley, “What do you make of that? Because he’s saying we should not take any guards and refugees into the US.”

“I’ve always said we shouldn’t take any Gazan refugees in the U.S. I said it when I was at the U.N. that we shouldn’t take Syrian refugees into the U.S. I believe that those in the region should take them,” Haley shot back, adding:

I said that about Syria then, that’s why Jordan and Turkey took them. The bulk of the refugees there and I think, honestly, the Hamas sympathizing countries should take these Gazans. Now, we’re talking about Qatar, we’re talking about Iran. We’re talking about Turkey. They should stay in the region. There is no reason for any refugees to come to America. And I, you know, my record is very clear on that.

“So you agree with Ron DeSantis?” Hemmer followed up.

“I’ve always said that. I mean, that’s the last thing we want. One because we don’t know who they are. But to Bill, look at the fact that Egypt doesn’t want them. Why doesn’t Egypt want them? For the same reason that we should not want them? It’s because you can’t vet them. You don’t know. But also, I found out refugees want to stay within their region. So let the Gazans stay within the region. Jordan is right there. Iran is there. You know, Qatar is there,” Haley replied.

“I just want to put a fine point on this. He called you politically correct. What would you say to that comment on NBC?” Hemmer pressed.

Haley fumbled a bit, saying, “I don’t… I’m not going to say anything to Ron DeSantis when we know we’re running for president and he’s trying to say whatever he can.”

“I mean, I think anybody can look at me as governor. They can look at me at the UN. You can look at me now, I’m blunt. I’m to the point I say what needs to be said and I stand by it,” Haley added.

“Why do you make the comment about half of the Palestinians don’t want to be ruled by Hamas,” Hemmer added as Haley tried to clarify it was regarding a different point.

“And why haven’t we heard more from that population about specifically that?” Hemmer added, finishing his question.

“I think from within the conversation, I was telling the other network that, look, what we saw was the Iranians in Iran, they don’t want to be under the Iranian regime. We saw when I was at the U.N., half of the Hamas did not. I mean, half of the Palestinians didn’t want to be under Hamas,” Haley replied, adding:

They don’t want that rule over them. And so the focus is governing. It’s not about refugee status or anything else. It’s about the fact that you do have many members of the Palestinian and Gazan community that don’t like Hamas, and don’t want Hamas to be there.

Watch the full clip above.

Gunny
10-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Her statement didn't really equal the narrative.Speaking about Pali's or US citizens?

Gunny
10-17-2023, 03:37 PM

I do not think we can tell 'terrorists' from 'those not wanting to be there.'You mean if the put down their weapons and look and are dressed like everyone else? And of course the onus would be put on us to prove they aren't:rolleyes:

Gunny
10-17-2023, 03:41 PM
24 minutes ago.

Seems more they were talking about Palestinians, not wholesale movement of refugees:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/he-called-you-politically-correct-nikki-haley-squirms-as-fox-anchor-asks-if-she-stands-by-saying-not-all-palestinians-support-hamas/I agree with Desantis. Terrorist or not, there's STILL the society in which they have been raised from birth to hate Israel and anyone who facilitates it. The latter being us.

IMO it would be like importing a million Ilhan Omar's.

Kathianne
10-17-2023, 04:22 PM
I agree with Desantis. Terrorist or not, there's STILL the society in which they have been raised from birth to hate Israel and anyone who facilitates it. The latter being us.

IMO it would be like importing a million Ilhan Omar's.
That's what I was saying. Bottom line is she spoke badly, but not for bringing them here. At least that's how it appears.

fj1200
10-18-2023, 06:45 AM
Speaking about Pali's or US citizens?

The narrative set by the headline or the "article" itself.

Waiting on further clarification...

revelarts
10-18-2023, 07:32 AM
she want's us to Bomb Iran too. She a Neo-Con Nut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCT3CLT73qY

fj1200
10-18-2023, 07:51 AM
Is that also bad context?

Kathianne
10-18-2023, 09:16 AM
The narrative set by the headline or the "article" itself.

Waiting on further clarification...

I'm giving her the benefit of doubt, until more is clarified. If she meant bringing them here, she is so wrong.

Kathianne
10-18-2023, 09:17 AM
Is that also bad context?

I'm really wondering if there is going to be a choice?

fj1200
10-18-2023, 10:02 AM

A great example of why it does little good to watch some of your videos. In this case you set a narrative about Haley by posting a video of two people talking about what another person said about the subject of your post. WTF? In no way from what you posted do I know exactly what Haley said. Weak.

fj1200
10-19-2023, 09:37 AM
Still in for a clean "Haley wants a million Palestinian refugees" transcript along with her "let's bomb Iran" comments.

fj1200
10-21-2023, 05:29 PM
Is it out there?

fj1200
10-22-2023, 10:57 AM
I heard the DeSantis and Haley campaigns were squabbling over this issue.

Kathianne
10-22-2023, 11:05 AM
I heard the DeSantis and Haley campaigns were squabbling over this issue.

That's where it started I believe. OP sites the two.

fj1200
10-24-2023, 08:55 AM

It would be interesting to see what your research discovered into her actual thoughts on the subject.

fj1200
10-24-2023, 09:03 AM

Is this a lie halfway around the internet? Does the truth have its pants on yet?

revelarts
10-24-2023, 09:34 AM
Is this a lie halfway around the internet? Does the truth have its pants on yet?

...Nikki Haley, former ambassador to the United Nations and current presidential candidate, said in an interview on Fox News that her message to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was: “Finish them. Hamas did this, you know Iran’s behind this. Finish them.”...

..."What happened to Israel could happen here in America,” Haley said in a separate interview. “I have been terribly worried about the fact that Iran has said that the easiest way to get into America is through the Southern border … we don’t need to wait for another 9/11.”....

did you trip over the truth and keep going?

Kathianne
10-24-2023, 09:40 AM
...Nikki Haley, former ambassador to the United Nations and current presidential candidate, said in an interview on Fox News that her message to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was: “Finish them. Hamas did this, you know Iran’s behind this. Finish them.”...

..."What happened to Israel could happen here in America,” Haley said in a separate interview. “I have been terribly worried about the fact that Iran has said that the easiest way to get into America is through the Southern border … we don’t need to wait for another 9/11.”....

That doesn't sound like someone who'd want to bring Palestinian 'refugees' to US. Just saying.

fj1200
10-24-2023, 09:41 AM

None of that equals "bomb Iran." By your logic above most the board wants to bomb Iran.

fj1200
10-24-2023, 09:42 AM
That doesn't sound like someone who'd want to bring Palestinian 'refugees' to US. Just saying.

To be fair that was in response to Haley wanting to bomb Iran... allegedly.

Kathianne
10-24-2023, 09:50 AM
To be fair that was in response to Haley wanting to bomb Iran... allegedly.

I realized that after. I have trouble keeping track. ;) Lots on my mind lately, need grace.

Gunny
10-24-2023, 11:22 AM
None of that equals "bomb Iran." By your logic above most the board wants to bomb Iran.I'm your huckleberry:) I've wanted that place bombed further back into the Stone Age than it already is since 79.

And I don't care who doesn't like it. You kill cancer or it kills you.

Kathianne
10-24-2023, 11:24 AM
I'm your huckleberry:) I've wanted that place bombed further back into the Stone Age than it already is since 79.

At this point I don't see much choice. However, IF Obama had intervened for the people back when, might never have gotten to this point.

fj1200
10-24-2023, 11:29 AM
I'm your huckleberry:) I've wanted that place bombed further back into the Stone Age than it already is since 79.

You're not running for POTUS. :slap:

Gunny
10-24-2023, 11:30 AM
At this point I don't see much choice. However, IF Obama had intervened for the people back when, might never have gotten to this point.

Make no mistake, those people hate us, with or without their government. They are the same as Hamas in that regard. Raised from birth to hate Israel and the West, the US in particular.

The Islamic Republic of Iran's ultimate goal is to convert or kill the World. Anyone believing otherwise is believeing what they want instead of what's in front of our faces.

revelarts
10-24-2023, 01:09 PM
None of that equals "bomb Iran." By your logic above most the board wants to bomb Iran.

When a politician running for president says they want to FINISH a nation. It seems reasonable to me to concluded that they mean by military means.
What does "finish them" mean to you?
What do you think it means to FINISH a Nation?

When Iran & Hamas say they want to FINISH the U.S.?
Does it mean NOT bomb the U.S. , but ONLY destroy us in other ways?

It's hypocritical for anyone here to pretend that "Finish them" is somehow benign and MUST exclude any idea of Bombing.
it's ridiculous FJ.
Especially in the light of U.S. history of the past 40 years.

Gunny
10-24-2023, 01:14 PM
When a politician running for president says they want to FINISH a nation. It seems reasonable to me to concluded that they mean by military means.

It's hypocritical for anyone here to pretend that "Finish them" is somehow benign and MUST exclude any idea of Bombing.
it's ridiculous FJ.

Disagree considering the US/West has a long, long trail of using economics as a weapon of first choice. Never works, but my default assumption is an American politician is going to try and strangle countries financially.

revelarts
10-24-2023, 01:42 PM
Disagree considering the US/West has a long, long trail of using economics as a weapon of first choice. Never works, but my default assumption is an American politician is going to try and strangle countries financially.
you're just trying to get a rise out of me now.
that's cool ..
you almost got me.

Gunny
10-24-2023, 02:13 PM
you're just trying to get a rise out of me now.
that's cool ..
you almost got me.Incorrect again. You're just not reading the cynicism. Again, the ploy never works. Take all the sanctions on Russia or N Korea, or Russia, China and Iran. There are people still doing business with them, regardless our threat to sanction them as well. Most notably India and Saudi Arabia who see themselves as above it all while both rely heavily on the US for defense.

Anyway, our go to is the purse.

fj1200
10-24-2023, 03:26 PM

it's ridiculous FJ.

... her message to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was: “Finish them. Hamas did this, you know Iran’s behind this. Finish them.”...

I don't think she was suggesting that Israel finish Iran.