PDA

View Full Version : I Think The Republicans Are Going To Regret Trump

Kathianne
10-18-2023, 07:20 PM
Not sure what they could have done, but choosing to back DeSantis or Haley directly or not, making clear that the vast majority of conservatives want anyone but Trump except Biden. RFK isn't my choice, but he's not Biden or Trump.

Meanwhile the dems don't like Biden either, but not as much as the numbers who don't like Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-biden-neck-and-neck-early-2024-polls-independent-bids-could-change-race

SassyLady
10-19-2023, 03:44 AM
Not sure what they could have done, but choosing to back DeSantis or Haley directly or not, making clear that the vast majority of conservatives want anyone but Trump except Biden. RFK isn't my choice, but he's not Biden or Trump.

Meanwhile the dems don't like Biden either, but not as much as the numbers who don't like Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-biden-neck-and-neck-early-2024-polls-independent-bids-could-change-race
I don't think the "vast" majority are anti Trump.

And I heard a rumor that RFK is pro reparations. Do you think he's floating that too get the black vote?

https://nypost.com/2023/10/18/rfk-jr-comes-out-for-reparations-forging-lane-to-bidens-left/

Kathianne
10-19-2023, 04:02 AM
I don't think the "vast" majority are anti Trump.

And I heard a rumor that RFK is pro reparations. Do you think he's floating that too get the black vote?

https://nypost.com/2023/10/18/rfk-jr-comes-out-for-reparations-forging-lane-to-bidens-left/
I don't think he'll win, it's a matter of which he hurts worse.

hjmick
10-19-2023, 05:54 AM
Real Republicans do, and they have from the word "go."

Gunny
10-19-2023, 10:43 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-biden-neck-and-neck-early-2024-polls-independent-bids-could-change-raceYou mean because Teddy Roosevelt could taked lessons from Trump and would be envious of him on how to destroy a political party?

He's the Dem's wet dream.

Kathianne
10-19-2023, 10:46 AM
You mean because Teddy Roosevelt could taked lessons from Trump and would be envious of him on how to destroy a political party?

He's the Dem's wet dream.

It is what I was harping on back in 2015, though I didn't foresee good policies. I also did not overstate the damage to GOP and country.

Gunny
10-19-2023, 11:05 AM
It is what I was harping on back in 2015, though I didn't foresee good policies. I also did not overstate the damage to GOP and country.I do recall. Wasn't quite sure what you meant at the time and getting an explanation out of you at the time was like pulling teeth what with all the sharks circling.
You definitely had the chaos pegged. Didn't take long to see with half the party not supporting him he wasn't going to get anything done without some creativity.

I don't think any of us foresaw his behavior concerning the 2020 election. I expect that crap from Dems and since he has now set the precedent, look for it the first time a Dem loses.

He's done more damage than I ever imagined he could, and like the Eveready Bunny, he's still going:rolleyes:

Kathianne
10-19-2023, 11:12 AM
I do recall. Wasn't quite sure what you meant at the time and getting an explanation out of you at the time was like pulling teeth what with all the sharks circling.
You definitely had the chaos pegged. Didn't take long to see with half the party not supporting him he wasn't going to get anything done without some creativity.

I don't think any of us foresaw his behavior concerning the 2020 election. I expect that crap from Dems and since he has now set the precedent, look for it the first time a Dem loses.

He's done more damage than I ever imagined he could, and like the Eveready Bunny, he's still going:rolleyes:

Thank you. I think what I need to remind myself is that I WAS correct back then, 'character matters' even when the masses are saying that 'tit for tat' is the only hope left.

No Obama, no Trump. No Trump, no Biden. No Biden, things might be a whole lot better today.

Gunny
10-19-2023, 11:41 AM
Thank you. I think what I need to remind myself is that I WAS correct back then, 'character matters' even when the masses are saying that 'tit for tat' is the only hope left.

No Obama, no Trump. No Trump, no Biden. No Biden, things might be a whole lot better today.

I was never "all in" on Trump. We just got flak for different reasons. I stated up from in 15 he was a loudmouthed jerk, had only Chris Christie rated below him in the primaries. I WAS all in about Hitlery not being President. When Trump became the candidate I supported him with about as much gusto as I did McCain and Romney:rolleyes:

But if I called it down the middle, meaning saying so when he did something I thought was stupid or wrong, I caught crap for it. The only option was "like and agree". I do think he did a good job on immigration, energy and the Supreme Court. All three for which we have paid dearly since the say he left office. Was okay with his foeign policy with China and Iran, but not the ME or NK.

Whether or not that was worth the circus side show he kept running for 4 years is debatable. I just hoped for the best since we were stuck with him.

Where I disconnected started with his proclaiming victory in Nov and he went downhill, doubling down on the stupid from there. He had to get crap stirred up on GA while a heated runoff for control of the Senate was in the balance, followed by Jan 6th. He's jst gotten worse since.

I can understand those who supported him first time around, agree with them or not. I cannot understand anyone supporting him the past couple of years. If that behavior is okay with some, then there's a diconnect between them and me as well.

Kathianne
10-19-2023, 12:22 PM
I was never "all in" on Trump. We just got flak for different reasons. I stated up from in 15 he was a loudmouthed jerk, had only Chris Christie rated below him in the primaries. I WAS all in about Hitlery not being President. When Trump became the candidate I supported him with about as much gusto as I did McCain and Romney:rolleyes:

But if I called it down the middle, meaning saying so when he did something I thought was stupid or wrong, I caught crap for it. The only option was "like and agree". I do think he did a good job on immigration, energy and the Supreme Court. All three for which we have paid dearly since the say he left office. Was okay with his foeign policy with China and Iran, but not the ME or NK.

Whether or not that was worth the circus side show he kept running for 4 years is debatable. I just hoped for the best since we were stuck with him.

Where I disconnected started with his proclaiming victory in Nov and he went downhill, doubling down on the stupid from there. He had to get crap stirred up on GA while a heated runoff for control of the Senate was in the balance, followed by Jan 6th. He's jst gotten worse since.

I can understand those who supported him first time around, agree with them or not. I cannot understand anyone supporting him the past couple of years. If that behavior is okay with some, then there's a diconnect between them and me as well.

It's the country. We've got proHamas rallies going all over. Unreal

But heh! We're shaken and chaotic. Success must be on the way.

Gunny
10-19-2023, 12:57 PM
It's the country. We've got proHamas rallies going all over. Unreal

But heh! We're shaken and chaotic. Success must be on the way.Trump's going to realize what a selfish dumbass he's being, drop out of the Presidential race, and throw all his support behind Desantis?

(If you're going to dream, dream BIG :))