PDA

View Full Version : Taking action

SassyLady
10-20-2023, 01:31 PM
Just called all 25 GOP Representatives that did not vote Jim Jordan today and asked them to vote Jim Jordan during next vote as well as calling my democratic representative to ask the same.

Talked with 5 real people. Had 1 office (Buchanan FL) that's had nothing but a busy signal. Garbarino NY phone number rings once and disconnects. Chavez-Derimer OR office refuses to take message.

Left voice mail message for the rest.

Kathianne
10-20-2023, 01:36 PM
Just called all 25 GOP Representatives that did not vote Jim Jordan today and asked them to vote Jim Jordan during next vote as well as calling my democratic representative to ask the same.

Talked with 5 real people. Had 1 office (Buchanan FL) that's had nothing but a busy signal. Garbarino NY phone number rings once and disconnects. Chavez-Derimer OR office refuses to take message.

Left voice mail message for the rest.

Republicans took Jordan out of the running. The chatter is they will give one more member a chance, then go with pro temp election.

SassyLady
10-20-2023, 01:40 PM
After 3 votes. McCarthy went 15.

Kathianne
10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
After 3 votes. McCarthy went 15.

Again, where is McCarthy today? Blowing smoke at Jordan and raising money which he's good at. You all wanted him out, got your wish. Now it will remain chaotic, with more anger on all sides. Sure to be winning at elections.

But heh, somewhere, somehow, someone will learn something.

SassyLady
10-20-2023, 01:43 PM
Again, where is McCarthy today? Blowing smoke at Jordan and raising money which he's good at. You all wanted him out, got your wish. Now it will remain chaotic, with more anger on all sides. Sure to be winning at elections.

Yep ..
We are learning where the corruption is.

Kathianne
10-20-2023, 01:45 PM
Yep ..
We are learning where the corruption is.

Can't wait for the investigations, trials, and convictions. During the next Democrat administration.

SassyLady
10-20-2023, 01:47 PM
Can't wait for the investigations, trials, and convictions. During the next Democrat administration.
Maybe .. corruption is on both sides Kath

Kathianne
10-20-2023, 01:50 PM
Maybe .. corruption is on both sides Kath
As I said, can't wait for the Dems to start indictments, but that's if there's time between the wars that Gaetz & Co were trying to not fund. :rolleyes:

Gunny
10-20-2023, 01:52 PM

Been thinking that since forever. Not hopeful anymore :)

Kathianne
10-20-2023, 01:54 PM
Been thinking that since forever. Not hopeful anymore :)

As I said earlier, my trust in fellow citizens doing the right thing is at lowest point ever. (BTW) The 'right' thing isn't necessarily my choices, rather it's going for the right decision to the best of their ability for the good of all. Not to prove their point.

Gunny
10-20-2023, 01:59 PM
As I said earlier, my trust in fellow citizens doing the right thing is at lowest point ever. (BTW) The 'right' thing isn't necessarily my choices, rather it's going for the right decision to the best of their ability for the good of all. Not to prove their point.Agree. I'm up with right thing not always being my choices.

But that proving whatever point is what this is about. Extremist hard-liners drawing a line in the sand and saying our way or no way. Their line in the sand has no sales value and why I've always pounded on the desk they should think BEFORE they agree to some things because we don't rewind the clock in this country which is exactly what they are trying to do.

Also don't get the "legislate" by obstruction thing. That accomplishes what?

Kathianne
10-20-2023, 02:03 PM
Agree. I'm up with right thing not always being my choices.

But that proving whatever point is what this is about. Extremist hard-liners drawing a line in the sand and saying our way or no way. Their line in the sand has no sales value and why I've always pounded on the desk they should think BEFORE they agree to some things because we don't rewind the clock in this country which is exactly what they are trying to do.

Also don't get the "legislate" by obstruction thing. That accomplishes what?

Yep, it's how they got rid of McCarthy, then totally shocked that others would do the same. They are now doing to each other, what has been going on for years with Dems, no talking, no compromises, f the people. No leaders, just hucksters.