PDA

View Full Version : House elects Mike Johnson as Speaker, ending GOP chaos

Gunny
10-25-2023, 01:58 PM
This is somehow going to end Republican chaos? Not holding my breath on that one.

House elects Mike Johnson as Speaker, ending GOP chaos | The Hill (https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4274652-republicans-make-mike-johnson-house-speaker/)

SassyLady
10-25-2023, 05:46 PM
I like Johnson.

hjmick
10-25-2023, 06:50 PM
Just another P01135809 lap dog...

SassyLady
10-25-2023, 09:23 PM
Just another P01135809 lap dog...

Better than a rhino like McCarthy or Scalise or god forbid Emmer.

Kathianne
10-26-2023, 12:50 AM
Better than a rhino like McCarthy or Scalise or god forbid Emmer.

We disagree, especially regarding McCarthy. The more I read about Johnson, the more he seems just like a younger, smiling Giuliani, ready to do anything the Don asks of him.

SassyLady
10-26-2023, 10:15 AM
We disagree, especially regarding McCarthy. The more I read about Johnson, the more he seems just like a younger, smiling Giuliani, ready to do anything the Don asks of him.
And McCarthy did anything the establishment asked him. Leadership was corrupt. Need new blood in there.

Kathianne
10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
And McCarthy did anything the establishment asked him. Leadership was corrupt. Need new blood in there.
Not necessarily, imo. Yet, we all have our opinions.

SassyLady
10-26-2023, 10:22 AM
Not necessarily, imo. Yet, we all have our opinions.

McCarthy is the one that kept the chaos going last couple weeks while he was plotting behind the scenes to get back into the Speaker position. Once he was exposed as the instigator everyone voted unanimously to support Johnson.

Kathianne
10-26-2023, 11:06 AM
McCarthy is the one that kept the chaos going last couple weeks while he was plotting behind the scenes to get back into the Speaker position. Once he was exposed as the instigator everyone voted unanimously to support Johnson.

According to whom? He would be better, for the simple reason he was working for the country/party-not one man, Trump or group, Gaetz & Co. Did he try to ally with any and all? Yes, it's the only way to survive, it still failed. Only a true swampy person is going to survive with the group in control.

Gunny
10-26-2023, 02:40 PM
Remember when all these conservatives bitched for years about the tyranny of the minorities because the left loves to legislate in favor of them?

Hypocritical that the same people bitching about it for all these years have become what they've been bitching about. Just another minority forcing itself onto the majority or they won't quit crying just like the Democrats whose playbook they've stolen.

This country and the majority of conservatives are going to suffer for some titty babies:rolleyes:

SassyLady
10-26-2023, 05:05 PM
The titty babies are the establishment because their power structure has been busted.

Kathianne
10-26-2023, 05:22 PM
The tatty babies are the establishment because their power structure has been busted.

Winning is everything, character is all about losers. Ah well.

SassyLady
10-26-2023, 05:36 PM
Winning is everything, character is all about losers. Ah well.

Your are so right. McCarthy was so focused on winning that he lost his character.

Kathianne
10-26-2023, 05:39 PM
Your are so right. McCarthy was so focused on winning that he lost his character.
Sure. Luckily your guys are just below the dogs and fleas. With Gaetz and Trump as the leaders, good luck with your brave new non-Constitutional world.

SassyLady
10-26-2023, 08:37 PM
Sure. Luckily your guys are just below the dogs and fleas. With Gaetz and Trump as the leaders, good luck with your brave new non-Constitutional world.
They're not advocating for throwing out the Constitution. Gaetz is leading 8 people.

Did you happen to notice once McCarthy was exposed as being the back stabber and chaos driver the GOP came together and voted 100% for the candidate. Just needed to expose McCarthy for the snake he is. Which is lower than dogs and fleas I believe

Kathianne
10-26-2023, 08:40 PM
They're not advocating for throwing out the Constitution. Gaetz is leading 8 people.

Did you happen to notice once McCarthy was exposed as being the back stabber and chaos driver the GOP came together and voted 100% for the candidate. Just needed to expose McCarthy for the snake he is. Which is lower than dogs and fleas I believe

You're ignoring a couple others, but heh! Now Trump.