PDA

View Full Version : Shooter At Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst In NJ

Kathianne
10-26-2023, 02:34 PM
Geez, hope it's not the nutcase from ME. No links yet.

Kathianne
10-26-2023, 02:39 PM
https://patch.com/new-jersey/manchester-nj/lockdown-ordered-active-shooter-alert-issued-joint-base

Kathianne
10-26-2023, 02:45 PM
Looks like the 'All Clear' has been given. Yay, some good news on a very bad day.

Gunny
10-26-2023, 02:53 PM
How times have changed. When I first joined the Corps, an active shooter on base would be dead really quick. Interior guard, Staff Duty NCO's, all carried live rounds as well as MPs. Individual weapons were locked in racks at the foot of our racks, not the armory.

Now? :rolleyes:

Kathianne
10-26-2023, 02:55 PM
How times have changed. When I first joined the Corps, an active shooter on base would be dead really quick. Interior guard, Staff Duty NCO's, all carried live rounds as well as MPs. Individual weapons were locked in racks at the foot of our racks, not the armory.

Now? :rolleyes:

Until that Muslim doctor went nuts, I think we all assumed that military would be armed. That proved to us civilians that something was wrong.

Gunny
10-26-2023, 03:04 PM
Until that Muslim doctor went nuts, I think we all assumed that military would be armed. That proved to us civilians that something was wrong.Hasn't been since the 90s. The started taking weapons from Duty NCOs and Officers late-80s. Each and every time one person screwed up, the entire service paid thanks more to MSM and politicians than any real need.

Kathianne
10-26-2023, 03:06 PM
Hasn't been since the 90s. The started taking weapons from Duty NCOs and Officers late-80s. Each and every time one person screwed up, the entire service paid thanks more to MSM and politicians than any real need.
Idiotic.