PDA

View Full Version : US Carries Out Air Strikes In Syria

Kathianne
10-26-2023, 08:59 PM
In response to the multiple proxy attacks on US forces. No links yet, Jennifer Griffin just reported.

revelarts
10-27-2023, 05:25 AM
Who in Syria attacked the U.S. or U.S. Forces?

this is crazy.

Kathianne
10-27-2023, 07:06 AM
Who in Syria attacked the U.S. or U.S. Forces?

this is crazy.

Syria is proxy of Iran. Iran has order Syria, Lebanon to attack US service people in both Syria and Iraq.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/us-strikes-back-iranian-backed-groups-attacked-troops/story?id=104396399

revelarts
10-27-2023, 07:37 AM
...U.S. military aircraft have carried out strikes in eastern Syria against facilities associated with Iranian-backed militant groups believed to be responsible for more than a dozen rocket and drone attacks on American troops (https://abcnews.go.com/International/us-ruling-retaliation-iran-backed-groups-after-attacks/story?id=104255343) in Iraq and Syria that injured 21 service members, the military said Thursday night."Today, at President Biden's direction, U.S. military forces conducted self-defense strikes on two facilities in eastern Syria used by Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and affiliated groups," said Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin in a statement.
"These precision self-defense strikes are a response to a series of ongoing and mostly unsuccessful attacks against U.S. personnel in Iraq and Syria by Iranian-backed militia groups that began on October 17," he said....

troops in Syria
troops in Iraq

I hope the servicemen will make complete medical recoveries.

But I think y'all know the question that comes to my mind.

revelarts
10-27-2023, 07:39 AM
Syria is proxy of Iran. Iran has order Syria, Lebanon to attack US service people in both Syria and Iraq.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/us-strikes-back-iranian-backed-groups-attacked-troops/story?id=104396399

How do we know that Syria does what Iran says?
And has no will of it's own?
How do we know that Iran ordered anything?

Kathianne
10-27-2023, 07:45 AM

Rev, how do you know that all is lies? I don't know how one can look here or in Israel and not defend.

revelarts
10-27-2023, 07:49 AM

...“Both we know to be aligned with Iranian-aligned militias.”The official added that the U.S. could link the munitions stored at the facilities to the 19 rocket and drone attacks carried out over the past week against U.S. personnel in Iraq and Syria.

There were no civilians at the target areas at the time of the airstrikes, said the military official who did not know if there were Iranians at the sites.

A senior U.S. defense official added that the two locations chosen for the airstrikes were significant "and will impact the ability of the IRGC and IRGC-backed militia groups to continue to attack our forces and continue destabilizing the region."

Iran's "fingerprints" were all over these attacks in the way that it has funded, equipped, directed and trained the militias, said this official, who added that the United States was holding Iran accountable for the recent attacks.
"Iran is trying to hide its hand and maintain some level of deniability, and we are not allowing that to happen,” said the official. “We hold Iran accountable for the actions of groups that it trained and equipped.”
"There's a direct tie between the militia groups and all the front organizations that claim responsibility for attacks against U.S. personnel," said the official....

trust us

https://www.opinion-internationale.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/powell.jpg

revelarts
10-27-2023, 08:08 AM
Rev, how do you know that all is lies? I don't know how one can look here or in Israel and not defend.

I do not know what the truth is.
I do know that our gov't has lied to us REGULARLY since Vietnam about wars and their causes and other countries "actions".

I do know we do NOT have any business having troops in Syria in the 1st place.
It's NOT our country and we are not welcemed there.

Should we really be shocked & outraged that the anyone, from a Syrian policeman, to random civilians, to terrorist, to Syrian military, to INVITED Russian military takes shots at U.S. troops who are illegally present on foreign soil?

It's not our country.
Where does this concept come from that we can do whatever the h3ll we want in other people's countries come from?

As far as defending Israel is concerned, as i've said. Israel is not baby, it's a big boy and can take care of itself VERY well. especially concerning Hamas.
(which it helped grow)

Hamas has No Navy or Airforce.
Why do you want American servicemen Ships & Aircraft to rush in and "help" against such a already outmatched foe?

It's like the whole police force from NYC showing up to "defend" the Police & Gun Club of Georgia from some school thugs who broke into their banquet.
Sure you have sympathy & alignment with them but you DO NOT need to go down there.

Kathianne
10-27-2023, 08:12 AM
I do not know what the truth is.
I do know that our gov't has lied to us REGULARLY since Vietnam about wars and their causes and other countries "actions".

I do know we don NOT have any business having troops in Syria in the 1st place.
It's NOT our country and we are not welcemed there.

Should we really be shocked & outraged that the anyone from a Syrian policeman, to random civilians, to terrorist, to Syrian military, to INVITED Russian military takes shots at U.S. troops who are illegally present on foreign soil?

It's not our country.
Where does this concept come from that we can do whatever the h3ll we want in other people's countries come from?

As far as defending Israel is concerned, as i've said. Israel is not baby, it's a big big and can take care of itself VERY well. especially concerning Hamas.
which has Not Navy or Airforce.
Why do you want American servicemen Ships & Aircraft to rush in and "help" against such a already outmatched foe.

It's like the whole police force from NYC showing up to "defend" the Police & Gun Club of Georgia from some school thugs who broke into their banquet.
Sure you have sympathy & alignment, with them but you DO NOT need to go down there.

I disagree with your analogy.

I know where you stand and have no problem with your expressing it, though I do disagree in most cases. We do have an interest in keeping Israel from being attacked, the area is strategic to US interests regarding energy if for no moral reasons.

revelarts
10-27-2023, 08:15 AM
I disagree with your analogy.

I know where you stand and have no problem with your expressing it, though I do disagree in most cases. We do have an interest in keeping Israel from being attacked, the area is strategic to US interests regarding energy if for no moral reasons.

why do we have troops in Syria Kath?

so all the M.E. wars are About the oil?
OK
I think we might agree on that.

Kathianne
10-27-2023, 08:26 AM
why do we have troops in Syria Kath?

so all the M.E. wars are About the oil?
OK
I think we might agree on that.
We're not attacking for oil, but we are in ME because of oil. We pay their prices and don't colonize, blah, blah, blah. But will not be cut off or sell out Israel to appease either.