View Full Version : Seems A Very Handy Reference To Troop Numbers

Kathianne
10-28-2023, 09:39 AM
Might want to bookmark:

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/us-troops-israel-gaza-2666062447/

Gunny
10-28-2023, 11:33 AM
Might want to bookmark:

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/us-troops-israel-gaza-2666062447/Call me biased, but this is one of those things I believe the general public (and international MSM) have no business knowing.

Biden's already funding Iran and the Taliban. Might as well give out troop locations and strength as well:rolleyes:

Glad I'm retired:rolleyes:

Kathianne
10-28-2023, 11:36 AM
Call me biased, but this is one of those things I believe the general public (and international MSM) have no business knowing.

Biden's already funding Iran and the Taliban. Might as well give out troop locations and strength as well:rolleyes:

Glad I'm retired:rolleyes:
That makes sense. Has it always been this way?

Gunny
10-28-2023, 12:11 PM
That makes sense. Has it always been this way?No. Much has to do with technology. The government could control this info and what went out to the public via the MSM. GPS/satellite tracking has made the information available to every Tom, Dick and Harry capable of accessing the data and publishing it. This same information is available on countless websites. Ironically, pro-military websites are the worst. What assets are where. How many are serviceable. Anything to print a "I know more than you and here's the scoop" story.

To touch on something you mentioned in another thread, it isn't just the Admin/government with little regard for the people serving in the military. It's everyone who puts more importance on getting their name in some 3rd rate internet rag's byline, or have to prove how smart and in the know they are.

Naturally, my POv is you don't need to know anything that can jeopardize the mission and/or safety of those involved. I really have zero empathy for those who believe they have a "right to know". Some things you don't. Endangering missions/personnel definitely one of them.

Kathianne
10-28-2023, 12:16 PM
No. Much has to do with technology. The government could control this info and what went out to the public via the MSM. GPS/satellite tracking has made the information available to every Tom, Dick and Harry capable of accessing the data and publishing it. This same information is available on countless websites. Ironically, pro-military websites are the worst. What assets are where. How many are serviceable. Anything to print a "I know more than you and here's the scoop" story.

To touch on something you mentioned in another thread, it isn't just the Admin/government with little regard for the people serving in the military. It's everyone who puts more importance on getting their name in some 3rd rate internet rag's byline, or have to prove how smart and in the know they are.

Naturally, my POv is you don't need to know anything that can jeopardize the mission and/or safety of those involved. I really have zero empathy for those who believe they have a "right to know". Some things you don't. Endangering missions/personnel definitely one of them.

Thank you. It's why a military perspective is welcome.