PDA

View Full Version : McConnell, Speaker Johnson headed for shutdown clash over Ukraine

Gunny
10-30-2023, 08:47 AM
Here we go again:rolleyes:

Obvious the reason Mr Anti-Ukraine wants t split the funding. Wonder have any of these Congressional RINOs considered that the Speaker represents the Party? Rather obvious there's a conflict of interest between the Party majority and the Freedom Caucus RINOs.

McConnell, Speaker Johnson headed for shutdown clash over Ukraine | The Hill (https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4280362-mcconnell-speaker-johnson-headed-for-shutdown-clash-over-ukraine/)

Gunny
10-30-2023, 09:25 AM
McConnell goes all out as Ukraine fight fractures GOP - POLITICO (https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/30/mcconnell-goes-all-out-as-ukraine-fight-fractures-gop-00123966)

Kathianne
10-30-2023, 10:39 AM
A part of me feels like giving the House GOP what they are asking for and letting everything just fall, it's what most of the left and right want. Looking at everything right now, not sure if there's anything worth fighting for.

SassyLady
10-30-2023, 02:45 PM
I'm totally at a loss as to why anyone is against single bill for funding. I've always felt when bundled people were blackmailed into voting for something they don't want in order to get funding they do want.

Gunny
10-30-2023, 06:57 PM
I'm totally at a loss as to why anyone is against single bill for funding. I've always felt when bundled people were blackmailed into voting for something they don't want in order to get funding they do want.

I'm not against it. I've preached it since I had hair.

I'm against Johnson suddenly wanting to do it now so he can try and cut Ukraine out of support. It's a defense appropriations bill. Should include both as they are the same thing.

I'm also against the purposefully blind, short-sighted mindset that the war in Ukraine does not affect us. In that case, they aren't smart enough to be in Congress, much less run it, IMO. We can fund that war now and let the Ukrainians fight it, or we can end up fighting it ourselves down the line. If it doesn't end in Ukraine, it doesn't end with Ukraine.