PDA

View Full Version : If You Ever Need a Class on Houw to Shut Down Your Nervous System

Gunny
11-07-2023, 01:29 PM
See me :smoke:

Start by being 63 years old and deciding on Wed to see how much you can deadlift after sets of heavy cleans.

Follow that up by pretending you don't know you already f-d up with maxing out on push jerks w/front squats Fri and you've got the recipe.

Recovery time being what it is at my age, I was sort of zombied out until Sunday. Then I wasn't sure if it was the workouts or I had come down with the the flu. There was nothing that didn't hurt. I mean bad enough the mere thought of moving was painful :laugh:

Not surprisingly given the situation around here, I was still getting 11-12k steps per day. In S-L-O-W motion:laugh:

Kathianne
11-07-2023, 02:59 PM
See me :smoke:

Start by being 63 years old and deciding on Wed to see how much you can deadlift after sets of heavy cleans.

Follow that up by pretending you don't know you already f-d up with maxing out on push jerks w/front squats Fri and you've got the recipe.

Recovery time being what it is at my age, I was sort of zombied out until Sunday. Then I wasn't sure if it was the workouts or I had come down with the the flu. There was nothing that didn't hurt. I mean bad enough the mere thought of moving was painful :laugh:

Not surprisingly given the situation around here, I was still getting 11-12k steps per day. In S-L-O-W motion:laugh:

Oh my! That did make me laugh. Feel better and take care of you!

Gunny
11-08-2023, 04:46 PM
Oh my! That did make me laugh. Feel better and take care of you!I broke my butt. Literally. To quote Klem Kadiddlehopper: "There was a hitch in my get-along":laugh:

Seriously, I figured out a couple of years ago I am strong enough to lift enough weight to overload my nervous system. For the first couple of years out of the hospital I didn't have that issue. I couldn't lift enough either weight or volume-wise to knock a goose off a stool. Guess I'm past that part :)