PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court stares down key test on Second Amendment case

Gunny
11-07-2023, 01:38 PM
The left sure wastes an inordinate amount of everyone else's time, effort and money trying to circumvent the Second Amendment. Firearms are already so over-regulated and vilified you don't dare use one even in self defense without facing financial ruin in court(s), our Nation of lawsuits being what it is.

Seems to me everyone lost when trivial lawsuits replaced common sense.

Supreme Court stares down key test on Second Amendment case | The Hill (https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4295539-supreme-court-second-amendment-case/)

hjmick
11-07-2023, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure how this is a left/right thing. The guy in question lost his right to own firearms under a federal law that's been on the books for almost thirty years, since 1994 to be exact. He beat his girlfriend and lost his right under the bill’s criminal gun possession ban for people under domestic-violence restraining orders.

I'm okay with that. Beat your girlfriend, wife, children, or dog? The very least you should lose is your right to own a gun.

Gunny
11-08-2023, 05:11 PM
I'm not sure how this is a left/right thing. The guy in question lost his right to own firearms under a federal law that's been on the books for almost thirty years, since 1994 to be exact. He beat his girlfriend and lost his right under the bill’s criminal gun possession ban for people under domestic-violence restraining orders.

I'm okay with that. Beat your girlfriend, wife, children, or dog? The very least you should lose is your right to own a gun.Agreed.

However, it has to be a left/right issue. The MSM says so. Not to mention that regardless what the NRA states, this was a stupid case for it to back. I could see it if they got some guy caught up in a one-off with questionable, he said/she said circumstances and not under a restraining order but they have to go and pick this poster boy for what's wrong with society.

The only thing missing here is Donald Trump:rolleyes: