PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Party Turmoil From Within

jimnyc
10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
By: David Limbaugh

Every political observer knows of the far left's hostility toward President Bush, his war policies and anyone who supports either or both. But has it occurred to you how much the base must also distrust most of the major players in the Democratic Party? That's one thought I took away from this week's Democratic presidential debate.

The relationship between the base and the party's candidates and officials is like a forced marriage characterized by a mutual dependence and reciprocal distrust.

The base, typified by groups like MoveOn.org, has no choice but to accept the Democratic Party as its vehicle to promote the liberal policy agenda. There is no other viable alternative. In turn, party leaders must cater to the far left because of its indispensable funding and grass-roots contributions.

While there are many blind followers in the base, there are also plenty of savvy operators who are fully aware of the massive deception Democratic leaders have perpetrated on the American people concerning Iraq.

They're too shrewd not to understand that John Kerry, Hillary Clinton and John Edwards, to name a prominent few, have been lying through their teeth in saying they were duped into supporting the Iraq war resolution.
Other than their delusions about Bush having stolen the 2000 election, nothing motivates the base more than the carefully crafted fable that Bush "lied" us into war. You cannot be worthy of the left's consideration unless you fully embrace this propaganda.

Kerry was the first prominent Democrat saddled with this dilemma, which would have discombobulated candidates with less skill at flip-flopping or slightly more integrity. But Kerry, when he realized he was about to lose the nomination to the anti-war left's darling Howard Dean, concocted the ingenious but preposterous story that would not only earn him redemption with the base, but would come to serve as a template for future, similarly situated Democratic hopefuls.

My jaw dropped when I first heard Kerry's far-fetched canard that he and other Democrats only voted to authorize Bush to attack Iraq because Bush promised he would only use that authority as a last resort after exhausting diplomatic avenues and additional weapons inspections.

Every intellectually honest thinking person had to know that was simply not true. The resolution contained no such limiting conditions on President Bush, and he made no such verbal assurances. Kerry expected us to believe he had placed unwavering trust in a man he had long since denounced as untrustworthy to engage in activities, like multilateral diplomacy, that Kerry claimed Bush was inherently unwilling to perform.

Hillary Clinton has made the same ludicrous claims, as well as insisting President Bush duped her on the WMD intelligence, though she admitted she failed even to read the intelligence reports made available to senators. The upshot is that Kerry, Clinton and many of their colleagues have told us they relied on — and were outsmarted by — a president they radically distrust and believe is a moron.

Rest here:

http://www.newsmax.com/limbaugh/democratic_party_base/2007/09/28/36479.html

red states rule
10-15-2007, 03:09 PM
The fact the Dems did not take the time to read the intel briefings has been known for sometime

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D.-Nev.), who is leading a spurious Democratic campaign that alleges President Bush misled the country into war, admitted last week that he did not read the National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction programs that Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet prepared in 2002 at the request of Senate Democrats specifically so Congress would have up-to-date intelligence as it debated whether to authorize the Iraq war.

The NIE was delivered to Congress at the beginning of October 2002, and Reid voted on Oct. 11, 2002, in favor of authorizing the war.

The NIE concluded that Saddam Hussein’s regime was reconstituting its nuclear weapons program and possessed chemical and biological weapons (see story by Terence Jeffrey earlier this week).

Reid locked the Senate into a controversial closed session three weeks ago to demand accountability on prewar intelligence, but it turns out he did not bother in 2002 to thoroughly familiarize himself with what the U.S. Intelligence Community was saying about Iraq in the run-up to his own pro-war vote.

for the rest of the article
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=10375

10-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Let's face it. There is infighting in BOTH parties. We are more divided than ever before. The nation, no the world, is sick.

retiredman
10-15-2007, 06:09 PM
it really cracks me up with guys like Limbaugh attempt to characterize moveon.org as my party's BASE. It is not my party's "base". My party's base are working class folks, and lawyers and teachers, anc clerks and social workers and minorities. Soros has big bucks, but he is not the base of my party.

red states rule
10-15-2007, 06:12 PM
it really cracks me up with guys like Limbaugh attempt to characterize moveon.org as my party's BASE. It is not my party's "base". My party's base are working class folks, and lawyers and teachers, anc clerks and social workers and minorities. Soros has big bucks, but he is not the base of my party.

They are your base and they will be your party's undoing

jimnyc
10-15-2007, 06:16 PM

He means that the democratic elites see groups such as moveon.org as their base. And it's a fact, they do. They use these groups as another tool to try and gain power and influence. Hillary and her ilk would drop you in a heartbeat to retain moveon.

retiredman
10-15-2007, 06:18 PM
and your inside source of knowledge as to how the democratic elites think would be..... David Limbaugh?????? roflmfao

red states rule
10-15-2007, 06:19 PM
He means that the democratic elites see groups such as moveon.org as their base. And it's a fact, they do. They use these groups as another tool to try and gain power and influence. Hillary and her ilk would drop you in a heartbeat to retain moveon.

I thought she already did

jimnyc
10-15-2007, 06:20 PM
and your inside source of knowledge as to how the democratic elites think would be..... David Limbaugh?????? roflmfao

We have proof that the democrats cater to such groups. Are we to take your word for things as opposed to the reality we see before your eyes. I couldn't care less what you think, but you're wrong.

retiredman
10-15-2007, 07:50 PM
We have proof that the democrats cater to such groups. Are we to take your word for things as opposed to the reality we see before your eyes. I couldn't care less what you think, but you're wrong.

look...jim...I am certainly not saying that democrats do not take money from moveon. That would be silly. But do some research and find out what other groups give WAY more than moveon. moveon is hardly calling the shots...they are buying some facetime with democrats, they are not buying anyone's votes... there are much bigger dogs in this funding game than moveon.org.

And you claim to know a lot about democratic party organization...I am a part of the democratic party organization. I know who the base of my party is, and it certainly is NOT the fringe represented by moveon.org.

glockmail
10-15-2007, 09:34 PM
..... I know who the base of my party is, and it certainly is NOT the fringe represented by moveon.org.

Why the fuck would anyone believe you? :coffee:

red states rule
10-16-2007, 04:41 AM
look...jim...I am certainly not saying that democrats do not take money from moveon. That would be silly. But do some research and find out what other groups give WAY more than moveon. moveon is hardly calling the shots...they are buying some facetime with democrats, they are not buying anyone's votes... there are much bigger dogs in this funding game than moveon.org.

And you claim to know a lot about democratic party organization...I am a part of the democratic party organization. I know who the base of my party is, and it certainly is NOT the fringe represented by moveon.org.

You might want to tell White Flag Harry they are not the base - he spends time with them on a reqular basis

snip

The Web sites of Democratic candidates and causes get hundreds of thousands more visitors than their conservative counterparts.

In addition to raising a substantial amount of money, liberal loggers have become a powerful constituency inside the Democratic Party. Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) consults with them regularly just as he would with leaders of labor unions or civil rights groups.

The liberal blogs helped defeat pro-war Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) in the 2006 Democratic primary last year. They kept alive the story about the U.S. attorney firings. They helped push the controversy over former Sen. George Allen (R-VA) using a racial slur, and they pushed the Democrats to pull out of debates moderated by Fox News.

The liberal blogs also helped push Democrats in Congress to be more confrontational and partisan in their dealings with the White House.

So, the Democrats don't just have an unpopular war and an unpopular president working to their political advantage. They also have a new, robust infrastructure to disseminate their message. And it is unified, well-funded and determined.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11181167

stephanie
10-16-2007, 05:42 AM
I am Thrilled to see the Democrats.............IMPLODE...

We gave them an opportunity to show they are leaders.....And they proved once again they are a Joke....

We needed this to see...that the Democrat party has been taken over by........kooks......nutcases(camping out on the madams pelosi's lawn):laugh2:
Dingy Harry has just now sinked down below President Bush's numbers..., You dumb ass. Democrats..don't see that your party has been hijacked........

And that is fine with me........

Well see you 08.......laughing all the to the 08. elections...

You all can't take back control of your party........it's not OUR FAULT....

GOOD LUCK....:dance:

PostmodernProphet
10-16-2007, 05:54 AM

?????....interesting......why is it then that all of you sit on your butts doing nothing while people who aren't the base tell everyone what you stand for?,,,,,

Sorry, but after listening to you folks tell me for the last six years that I was just another neocon, don't think you can avoid at least four years of being identified with the Moveon Dot Orgasm.......

Gaffer
10-16-2007, 10:12 AM
islam is hijacked by radicals, democrat party is hijacked by radicals. Is there a pattern developing here?