PDA

View Full Version : Nikki and National Security Threat

SassyLady
11-15-2023, 10:45 AM
No more posting on internet anonymously! Haley wants every user to post as themselves, verified by name, because posting anonymously is a national threat.

SassyLady
11-15-2023, 11:35 AM
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4309883-haley-urges-social-media-reforms-user-accountability/

fj1200
11-15-2023, 12:11 PM
Meh.

Kathianne
11-15-2023, 12:25 PM
I get the attraction to no socks, etc. Each media loc can set their rules.

As a mandatory rule from government? No thanks.

Federalist Papers were anonymous for good reasons. One example.

Gunny
11-17-2023, 12:44 PM
I get the attraction to no socks, etc. Each media loc can set their rules.

As a mandatory rule from government? No thanks.

Federalist Papers were anonymous for good reasons. One example.I'm not for anything from this government anymore until I start seeing some responsible people taking responsible action.

Black Diamond
11-17-2023, 01:50 PM
I'm not for anything from this government anymore until I start seeing some responsible people taking responsible action.

Youll never be for anything then.

Gunny
11-18-2023, 12:50 PM
Youll never be for anything then.To the contrary. I stand for many things. My standards are not dependent on current society nor government. When neither represents those standards they can all choke on a pickle for all I care :)

Black Diamond
11-18-2023, 05:49 PM
To the contrary. I stand for many things. My standards are not dependent on current society nor government. When neither represents those standards they can all choke on a pickle for all I care :)

Yeah I said it wrong. You'll never be for anything engr govt does because they aren't going to change

Gunny
11-19-2023, 11:33 AM
Yeah I said it wrong. You'll never be for anything engr govt does because they aren't going to changeAt the point one realizes it's not going to change or is only changing for the worse, time to make some choices, no?

revelarts
12-26-2023, 08:08 AM
Nikki flip flopping on various issues
•Running against Trump
•Gas Tax
•Social media law
•China a Friend
•Money to the U.N.
•Trans Issue

At the very least none of what she says can be trusted.
(except maybe more war)

But IMHO she's just an establishment tool.
Doing the biding of the (choose your term) corporate oligarchs - military industrial complex - deep state - globalist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjgvp6nlcHo

Gunny
12-26-2023, 06:35 PM
Still more reliable than current options.

Kathianne
12-26-2023, 07:30 PM

My take exactly. She wouldn't be my choice, but she's light years ahead of the two front runners.

revelarts
12-26-2023, 08:32 PM

My take exactly. She wouldn't be my choice, but she's light years ahead of the two front runners.

Policy wise how exactly?

Since she doesn't have a consistent view on these.
•Gas Taxes ('no new taxes'?)
•Social media law
•China as Friend or foe
•Giving Money to the U.N.
•Trans Issues

What other policies does she espouse (currently) that are light years better than the others?

Or is that you mainly like her (dislike her less) as a personality than the others?

Kathianne
12-26-2023, 09:40 PM
Policy wise how exactly?

Since she doesn't have a consistent view on these.
•Gas Taxes ('no new taxes'?)
•Social media law
•China as Friend or foe
•Giving Money to the U.N.
•Trans Issues

What other policies does she espouse (currently) that are light years better than the others?

Or is that you mainly like her (dislike her less) as a personality than the others?

I've made more than crystal my feelings on Biden-policies and corruption. Trump's policies I can live with for the most part, it comes down to him as a person. My vote. My choice. My criteria.

Gunny
12-27-2023, 10:38 AM

I've made more than crystal my feelings on Biden-policies and corruption. Trump's policies I can live with for the most part, it comes down to him as a person. My vote. My choice. My criteria.

I'm not a Nikki Haley fan. IMO, she's an establishment, GWB-type, get nothing done Republican. Like you, not my first choice. My argument for years for even supporting Republicans has been they might not accomplish much of anything lasting, but it beats the fast track to Hell the Dems are on. Not ideal since it amounts only to a 4-8 year reprieve from the Dems taking back up right where they left off driving us over the cliff.

Kept hoping that at some point during the reprieve an actual leader that was going somewhere would emerge. In succession we got McCain, Romney and Trump:rolleyes:

The difference, IMO and in Haley's favor, is that her "establishment" credentials could lead to getting something through Congress. Trump couldn't even do with with a Republican Congress for 2 years. He spent the time feuding with Republicans who disagreed with him rather than try to work with his own party.

Kathianne
12-27-2023, 11:05 AM
I'm not a Nikki Haley fan. IMO, she's an establishment, GWB-type, get nothing done Republican. Like you, not my first choice. My argument for years for even supporting Republicans has been they might not accomplish much of anything lasting, but it beats the fast track to Hell the Dems are on. Not ideal since it amounts only to a 4-8 year reprieve from the Dems taking back up right where they left off driving us over the cliff.

Kept hoping that at some point during the reprieve an actual leader that was going somewhere would emerge. In succession we got McCain, Romney and Trump:rolleyes:

The difference, IMO and in Haley's favor, is that her "establishment" credentials could lead to getting something through Congress. Trump couldn't even do with with a Republican Congress for 2 years. He spent the time feuding with Republicans who disagreed with him rather than try to work with his own party.

He has so many more 'scores to settle now...'

revelarts
02-15-2024, 09:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGPGXy1WIAA1D0s?format=jpg&name=small

politics... :rolleyes:

Gunny
02-17-2024, 12:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGPGXy1WIAA1D0s?format=jpg&name=small

politics... :rolleyes:Not sure about all that, but he didn't impress me as knowing how to use the military. Military folk are more impressed with that than warm wishes.

revelarts
02-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Not sure about all that, but he didn't impress me as knowing how to use the military. Military folk are more impressed with that than warm wishes.
surprisingly & thankfully Trump didn't send the Military into any new all out wars.
I'll give him credit for that.
You know, not sending troops to war without a declaration of war by congress.
Is that's what you mean by "knowing how to use the military"?

Except that thing about securing the oil in Syria with the military that he said he did. That is illegal BS.
& he did do more "secret" drone strikes than any other president to date i believe.
Which in my book is another negative.
Unless someone can show me the constitutional authority for the president being able to kill foreigner people oversea willynilly.
Because we say they are "the enemy". I mean the mafia works like that but "rule of law" America?

I'd say he's a mix bag militarily, but not an all out warmonger like Bush, or a half arse war monger like Obama.

Gunny
02-19-2024, 11:00 AM
surprisingly & thankfully Trump didn't send the Military into any new all out wars.
I'll give him credit for that.
You know, not sending troops to war without a declaration of war by congress.
Is that's what you mean by "knowing how to use the military"?

Except that thing about securing the oil in Syria with the military that he said he did. That is illegal BS.
& he did do more "secret" drone strikes than any other president to date i believe.
Which in my book is another negative.
Unless someone can show me the constitutional authority for the president being able to kill foreigner people oversea willynilly.
Because we say they are "the enemy". I mean the mafia works like that but "rule of law" America?

I'd say he's a mix bag militarily, but not an all out warmonger like Bush, or a half arse war monger like Obama.The last President to impress me on how to use the military correctly was GHWB. Before that, much as I loathe the man, FDR.

I've debunked your Syrian oil myth twice that I can recall. You can look it up if you want. I'm not going to again. Trump talking out his doesn't make it reality.

I have also shown on more than one occasion that the President can in fact legally use the military without Congress' approval. This statement does not address whether or not you, I or anyone else agrees or not with how it is used.

My perception of how to use the military comes from being a professional military person and knowing what I, and other military personnel consider the difference between proper use and FUBAR. WE are the ones that do the shooting and get shot at.