PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Israel protests borrow playbook from social justice movements: experts

Gunny
11-24-2023, 10:15 AM
As I mentioned early on. Professional protesters. I'm on board with an investigation into who funds these radical idiots. IMO, would be the best investigation money spent so far.

The anti-Israel movement roiling major American cities and college campuses (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/anti-israel-protests-borrow-playbook-social-justice-movements-experts) following the outbreak of Israel's war with Hamas bears a striking resemblance to other movements favored by social justice activists, experts suggest.
Since the Oct. 7 attacks on Israel by Hamas terrorists, an outpouring of protests across the world have not condemned the terror group but rather the Jewish state, which continues to reflect on the loss of more than 1,200 Israelis who died in the massacre last month.
The most extreme displays from Hamas-sympathizing supporters seem to be coming from American college campuses. Particularly concerning demonstrations were witnessed at once-prestigious institutions such as Harvard and New York University, among others.
Aside from college campuses, the anti-Israel movement also found its way to the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in Washington, D.C., where supposed pro-Palestinian demonstrators grew violent and clashed with police. Other protests have taken place outside the State Department, where demonstrators held handcrafted signs with anti-Israel slogans like "Israel = Cancer of the Middle East."
Those protests, and similar ones in recent American history, according to observers who've watched the issue unfold and offered their perspectives to Fox News Digital, are part of a much larger problem meant to "destabilize this country."
Brooke Goldstein, a human rights attorney who serves as the executive director of The Lawfare Project, said she believes it's time for law enforcement officials to open an investigation to find out how the protests are organized, as well as whether the protests are connected to foreign governments or terrorist organizations.
"We need to call these protesters what they are. They are not pro-Palestinian. There is no Palestinian democracy movement. There’s no Palestinian peace movement. They are pro-Hamas," she said. "We need to take a long hard look at how a significant segment of our population has become radicalized. Law enforcement and lawmakers have, for too long, turned a blind eye to the operations of foreign governments within our borders, especially Qatar. They have ignored the relationship between designated terrorist groups and student groups on campus."
"These protesters are not progressive, and they are not nonviolent. Their purpose is to destabilize this country and there’s an urgent need for law-enforcement to open an investigation into how they are being organized and whether or not they are tied to foreign governments or foreign terrorist groups," she added.
Fox News Digital's Kyle Morris contributed to this update.
Israel-Hamas war: Israel warns Palestinians not to return to north Gaza | Live Updates from Fox News Digital (https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/november-24-israel-hamas-war)

Kathianne
11-24-2023, 10:22 AM
As I mentioned early on. Professional protesters. I'm on board with an investigation into who funds these radical idiots. IMO, would be the best investigation money spent so far.

Israel-Hamas war: Israel warns Palestinians not to return to north Gaza | Live Updates from Fox News Digital (https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/november-24-israel-hamas-war)

They've played a long game, without a doubt at least 15-20+ years in the making. I remember posting on the rising anti-Semitism in Europe years ago, with bombings of synagogues, schools and trashing of Jewish cemeteries. I noted the numbers of Jews leaving Europe for Israel and to a lesser degree the US. I noticed when the colleges started to praise the underdogs of Hamas and the erasing of Israel from many maps. Without a doubt Soros is behind much of this, certainly the seed money, but I'd bet dollars to donuts China and/or other states got into the act over the years.

Gunny
11-25-2023, 03:57 PM
They've played a long game, without a doubt at least 15-20+ years in the making. I remember posting on the rising anti-Semitism in Europe years ago, with bombings of synagogues, schools and trashing of Jewish cemeteries. I noted the numbers of Jews leaving Europe for Israel and to a lesser degree the US. I noticed when the colleges started to praise the underdogs of Hamas and the erasing of Israel from many maps. Without a doubt Soros is behind much of this, certainly the seed money, but I'd bet dollars to donuts China and/or other states got into the act over the years.

For that 15-20 years I have been questioning the lunacy of Jewish-Americans supporting the party fostering the backwards-assed thinking that makes barbaric, murdering, non-humans waging war against noncombatants over a religion out to be the good guys. Especially given the walking, talking crud they support would murder their leftwingnut asses in a heartbeat.

As we have discussed before in regard to Catholics, same applies to Jews for me. While I don't live in a bubble, neither do I live where any of that antisemitism is prevalent. A combination of we don't do that here, and the MSM hardly gives lip service to crimes against Jews and Catholics. But let them commit one:rolleyes:

This is all beyond stupid to me. To the point of I see the segment of society that supports this religious persecution bullshit as the enemy. And if the entire society rolls that way, my opinion remains the same.