PDA

View Full Version : 3 Things Must Happen In Gaza: Netanyahu

Kathianne
12-26-2023, 10:56 AM
https://www.wsj.com/articles/benjamin-netanyahu-our-three-prerequisites-for-peace-gaza-israel-bff895bd?st=xxmq8p0yhw9jrrz&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Hamas must be destroyed, Gaza must be demilitarized, and Palestinian society must be deradicalized. These are the three prerequisites for peace between Israel and its Palestinian neighbors in Gaza.

Gunny
12-26-2023, 06:31 PM
https://www.wsj.com/articles/benjamin-netanyahu-our-three-prerequisites-for-peace-gaza-israel-bff895bd?st=xxmq8p0yhw9jrrz&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

The first two are achievable. The people of Palestine have to want the third in order to achieve it. So far, they have chosen the opposite.

I'm not a big fan of how the "two-state solution" was drawn on the map.

Kathianne
12-26-2023, 07:29 PM
The first two are achievable. The people of Palestine have to want the third in order to achieve it. So far, they have chosen the opposite.

I'm not a big fan of how the "two-state solution" was drawn on the map.

The two state solution is a nonstarter now.

Gunny
12-27-2023, 10:21 AM
The two state solution is a nonstarter now.As is, I agree. FTR, recall back in 83-84 when Israel bulldozed the whole lot into Lebanon? I was then and still would be fine with that. Should have left them there, as far as I'm concerned.

However, like all failed ideas, they're going to try and force this one despite the obvious that the only way to make it work is both sides trying. Look at the UN and left now. Listening to them you'd think Israel sneak-attacked Gaza out of the blue:rolleyes:

Part of it, IMO, is looking at the lines drawn on the map. Palestine is a 2-sectioned "country", both within the borders of Israel. Seems to me someone on the Israel side could have come up with a better map strategically. From the bargaining position of "you're in Lebanon and get what we give or pound sand", this caving to demands detrimental to internal security is a non-starter for me.

Kathianne
12-27-2023, 10:27 AM
As is, I agree. FTR, recall back in 83-84 when Israel bulldozed the whole lot into Lebanon? I was then and still would be fine with that. Should have left them there, as far as I'm concerned.

However, like all failed ideas, they're going to try and force this one despite the obvious that the only way to make it work is both sides trying. Look at the UN and left now. Listening to them you'd think Israel sneak-attacked Gaza out of the blue:rolleyes:

Part of it, IMO, is looking at the lines drawn on the map. Palestine is a 2-sectioned "country", both within the borders of Israel. Seems to me someone on the Israel side could have come up with a better map strategically. From the bargaining position of "you're in Lebanon and get what we give or pound sand", this caving to demands detrimental to internal security is a non-starter for me.

I think the maps one needs to look at are the ones from Gaza and all their allies. Israel does not exist. Period. When asked about that, 'It must be so.' It's not Israel that got rid of two state solution Not in 1948 or any time since, until 10/7/23.