PDA

View Full Version : Video: Job of U.S. soldiers is killing “mothers and sisters,” says David Crosby

stephanie
10-16-2007, 02:09 AM
Oh boy...another couple of old stoners giving us all worldly advice...and calling our military idiots...
Too bad...I used to like some of their music...Back in the 70's..
Who in the hell watches Chrissy Mathews..????:coffee:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5HUqJu4-Y2I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5HUqJu4-Y2I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/10/15/video-job-of-us-soldiers-is-killing-mothers-and-sisters-says-david-crosby/

diuretic
10-16-2007, 03:31 AM
Ah them was the daze. Buffalo Springfield, CS & N (&Y), the Byrds and so on.

stephanie
10-16-2007, 03:36 AM

Ah ha....

diuretic
10-16-2007, 04:03 AM
Ah ha....

I know, I should be defending David and banging on about stuff but sometimes....now I want to go through all my old vinyls :laugh2:

stephanie
10-16-2007, 04:55 AM
I know, I should be defending David and banging on about stuff but sometimes....now I want to go through all my old vinyls :laugh2:

Well my friend......You are not having to go through what we are here...

So......if you want to throw some vinyls........and even my son will look at me with a weird look....you could use them as a Frisbee...:coffee:

diuretic
10-16-2007, 05:04 AM
Well my friend......You are not having to go through what we are here...

So......if you want to throw some vinyls........and even my son will look at me with a weird look....you could use them as a Frisbee...:coffee:

You want me to throw out my BABIES!?!?!?!?!

I need a :chillpill:

:laugh2:

stephanie
10-16-2007, 05:12 AM
You want me to throw out my BABIES!?!?!?!?!

I need a :chillpill:

:laugh2:

Ok.....I know......don't do it....:dance:

diuretic
10-16-2007, 05:36 AM
Bad enough some bastard pinched my original lp of Sgt Pepper's! I'm getting over it, the counsellor says we're making progress. Still got my "Are You Experienced" lp though. And "Wheels of Fire" (the silver one). Thing about CDs is you don't get to play with the neat cardboard thingies they used to give us when a big album came out (Led Zeppelin III had that round thingie you can play with - still got it).

stephanie
10-16-2007, 05:51 AM
Bad enough some bastard pinched my original lp of Sgt Pepper's! I'm getting over it, the counsellor says we're making progress. Still got my "Are You Experienced" lp though. And "Wheels of Fire" (the silver one). Thing about CDs is you don't get to play with the neat cardboard thingies they used to give us when a big album came out (Led Zeppelin III had that round thingie you can play with - still got it).

damn......I fell for ya my friend.......I liked all them groups.......at one time....:cheers2:

diuretic
10-16-2007, 05:55 AM
I still love to listen to them. And it's great to find an old black and white video clip on occasion. I found a clip of the original "Moody Blues" with Go Now with Denny Laine singing lead, I remember seeing it on tv when it was first broadcast.

I might be gettin' older but the music is still strong.

Sorry, immense thread drift.

chesswarsnow
10-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah they were very good.
2. About 1986 I *The Great CWN* was in Calif. were I was living at the time.
3. And I was in a nightclub in *The Valley* better known as North LA County.
4. In a city known as Burbank.
5. To see a band called, *Buffalo Springfield Revisited*.
6. They were real good and all, but when Steven Stills showed up to sit in, then they were *Great*.
7. Was the difference between night and day.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

diuretic
10-16-2007, 08:20 AM
I have his album (vinyl), I remember the day I bought it. If I remember rightly (it's in my archive) the album sleeve had him in one photo wearing a football jersey, azure on white I think. He was a great artist. Southern gentleman.