PDA

View Full Version : I’ll trade you dead babies for votes SCHIP

Classact
10-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Tomorrow the House of Representatives will vote in an attempt to overturn the SCHIP reauthorization the president vetoed. There is a lot of rhetoric being used on the lead up to the vote but the reality is that the veto will be sustained.

What will or would be a proper House leadership response to a vote to sustain the veto? Should the leadership return the reauthorization to committee and improve the bill in a manner acceptable to Republican members and acceptable to the president or, should they just ram the same bill through congress once again?

Will the Democrats use the poor kids as an election tool and allow the SCHIP program to lapse? A continuing resolution is in effect until 15 Nov. to allow the existing program to continue. Will the Democratic Party cut off opportunity for poor kids SCHIP for votes and could such action work against them?

House Majority Leader says she has already compromised, but this is a lie… she sent a bill to the Senate that was crafted by only a majority in the committee… no minority input was allowed as it was being debated on the floor of the house, in fact representatives from the Democratic Party in the House were not allowed to amend or make the bill better… this means only a dictatorship of a selected few are or were represented in the House version of SCHIP reauthorization. So Nancy Pelosi claims she compromised by lowering her desire from $95,000,000,000 to $35,000,000,000 and this, on its face is a lie because the $95B would violate PayGo… not enough smokers willing to pay that tax.

Question for the debate then is if House Leadership refuses to negotiate with the minority to formalize a reauthorization of SCHIP into law are the Democrats playing politics with dead babies? Will the American people hold them or the Republican Party to blame in the event of a lapse?

Note to lefties: Leftie loosie… rightie tightie when one tightens something to the left it is usually the knob on a fan blade… Please don’t spin about the cost of the war… A majority is approving and have approved every cent for the war… it has nothing to do with kids health care or free diapers for poor kids.

Gaffer
10-16-2007, 11:10 AM
It's the usual lib grab at power. The lives of the people mean nothing to these power hungry assholes. Dead babies is just more to blame Bush with.

5stringJeff
10-16-2007, 08:05 PM
This bill ought to have been vetoed. It's a horrendous power grab in the name of "children."

Classact
10-17-2007, 09:03 PM
This bill ought to have been vetoed. It's a horrendous power grab in the name of "children."According to some polls I've seen today the Dems are losing their argument ... seems the majority of those polled side with Prez Bush... The Terrorist Assistant Act is also falling apart... the Slam Dunk blaming Turkey for genicide is also falling apart with the Democratic Party's far left.

Classact
12-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Disgusting Democrats play politics with the CHILDREN once again. http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/ I hope the President uses his bully pulpit to eat them for lunch.

White house press release follows: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/11/20071102-2.html

Hugh Lincoln
12-02-2007, 04:08 PM
This bill ought to have been vetoed. It's a horrendous power grab in the name of "children."

Once again, we are so far from the orignal purpose of the FEDERAL government, it would make even the wildest founding father confused. There's a darn good argument that STATE and LOCAL governments have no business "providing for the children," but the national government? What a fucking joke the federal government has become.

5stringJeff
12-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Once again, we are so far from the orignal purpose of the FEDERAL government, it would make even the wildest founding father confused. There's a darn good argument that STATE and LOCAL governments have no business "providing for the children," but the national government? What a fucking joke the federal government has become.

I'd even argue that state governments do have a mandate to provide health insurance, welfare, etc. Under the Constitution, states can do as they please, except where the Constitution says they can't; the federal government is only supposed to have the powers explicitly granted to it in the Constitution.

But I agree. This is not the government the Founders foresaw. And it all started with FDR (though one could make a case for Lincoln).

April15
12-02-2007, 04:20 PM
It is the republicans who are using children for political gain.

As for righty tighty
This is the story of corkscrew dick
The man with a corkscrew dick
He spent his life on an endless hunt
For a girl with a corkscrew ****.
But alas poor dick is dead
For the girl he found was left hand thread!

Classact
12-02-2007, 08:59 PM
It is the republicans who are using children for political gain.

As for righty tighty
This is the story of corkscrew dick
The man with a corkscrew dick
He spent his life on an endless hunt
For a girl with a corkscrew ****.
But alas poor dick is dead
For the girl he found was left hand thread!Well, it sounds like a "Lynn envy" chant to me... and nothing to do with the way the Democrats are screwing children... Check this out and tell me if the threading is a factor... please note I'm strait and this factor was brought to my attention by a female debtor on another site, Mexicans that do donkeys consider twice with Dick...Guess you would be more interested in the condition of his pacemaker?