PDA

View Full Version : Cluster bombs are cool

Sir Evil
10-16-2007, 09:44 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ii5D0MbLrHI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ii5D0MbLrHI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Hagbard Celine
10-16-2007, 09:48 AM
If you're pro-life you should think twice about that statement. It seems the unexploded cannisters from those bombs find their way into the hands of children. They then explode in said hands and paint the street, ground, wall, etc. red. Children Red is, I believe, the actual Crayola color. These things are as gnarly as land mines for the amount of unintended civilian casualties they cause.
I think there's actually a big movement to ban these things at the UN.

Sir Evil
10-16-2007, 10:03 AM
If you're pro-life you should think twice about that statement. It seems the unexploded cannisters from those bombs find their way into the hands of children. They then explode in said hands and paint the street, ground, wall, etc. red. Children Red is, I believe, the actual Crayola color. These things are as gnarly as land mines for the amount of unintended civilian casualties they cause.

Agree on that part but my assesment was for the working ability of the bomb.

mrg666
10-16-2007, 10:19 AM
when used in afghanistan (a war zone ) this area would or should be soley occupied by taliban and allied troops they are saving the lives of our troops

Hagbard Celine
10-16-2007, 10:24 AM
when used in afghanistan (a war zone ) this area would or should be soley occupied by taliban and allied troops they are saving the lives of our troops

Except that kids do live in Afghanistan as well as in Lebanon and other places where these bombs have been used as recently as last year. The "war zones" you speak of are neighborhoods, cities, etc.

glockmail
10-16-2007, 10:45 AM

If you are pro-children you'd like the US of A to have every weapon at its disposal to get rid of the enemy as fast as possible so said children can get back to a normal life sooner. Besides, they can be taught easily not to pick up unexploded ordnance.

Gaffer
10-16-2007, 10:51 AM
There are always unexploded munitions in war zones. Anyone living in a war zone should be very watchful of their children and not let them run around freely where there is a chance they might stubble across one of these explosives. It's called common parental sense. Of course there is great propaganda that comes from a child getting blown up, so in many of these areas children are encouraged to go out and play. Just as they are encouraged to hang around terrorists, especially leaders, to prevent air strikes.

Cluster bombs are very effective against large groups of personnel. Unexploded ones act like mines in enemy territory.

mrg666
10-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Except that kids do live in Afghanistan as well as in Lebanon and other places where these bombs have been used as recently as last year. The "war zones" you speak of are neighborhoods, cities, etc.

we've come a long way since the blitz in ww2 .
ok so its not ideal but it is war , did they worry about kids when they hijacked planes , bombed holiday resorts , tube trains and busses no .
it's sad in war that people die and it's worse when children die but we arent actually targeting children but they do the fact that we are even disscusing this means people care .
now id wager that not one of them disscus child cassualties from there terrorist activities because adult or child we are all infidel

glockmail
10-16-2007, 10:56 AM
What ever happened to good ol' napalm? Or burning magnesium?

manu1959
10-16-2007, 11:52 AM
we've come a long since the blitz in ww2 .
ok so its not ideal but it is war , did they worry about kids when they hijacked planes , bombed holiday resorts , tube trains and busses no .
it's sad in war that people die and it's worse when children die but we arent actually targeting children but they do the fact that we are even disscusing this means people care .
now id wager that not one of them disscus child cassualties from there terrorist activities because adult or child we are all infidel

it is tragic when children are killed in a war.....the terrorists use women and children as flack vests.....why are they suddenly concerned about them picking up a bomb?.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i get it....