PDA

View Full Version : Expert Hacks Georgia Voting Machine in Court, Revealing Potential Election Vulnerabil

Gunny
01-24-2024, 05:41 PM
My, my ... :)

In a display that caught the attention of a federal courtroom, computer scientist Alex Halderman illuminated glaring susceptibilities within Georgia’s voting infrastructure, casting shadows on the security of its election system. During an ongoing trial, Halderman, a professor at the University of Michigan, demonstrated how a voting machine could be tampered with in mere seconds using everyday items—a Bic pen and a $10 smart card—raising questions about the reliability of the Dominion voting equipment used across the state.

full article: Expert Hacks Georgia Voting Machine in Court, Revealing Potential Election Vulnerabilities (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/expert-hacks-georgia-voting-machine-in-court-revealing-potential-election-vulnerabilities/ar-BB1h9SUJ?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=15d64b18cf744ac6aa12ae4708c82721&ei=49)

SassyLady
01-24-2024, 10:55 PM
This was demonstrated years ago. Nothing new here. Once again ... getting the DOJ to do anything is not going to happen.

fj1200
01-29-2024, 11:08 AM
trump lost.

Gunny
01-29-2024, 05:52 PM
trump lost.As I mentioned elsewhere, I recall seeing something about a defamation suit the makers of the machines filed against someone. Sorry. My brain doesn't default to Trump stolen election conspiracy theories.

The machine is fallible. That's the point.

Kathianne
01-29-2024, 08:45 PM
As I mentioned elsewhere, I recall seeing something about a defamation suit the makers of the machines filed against someone. Sorry. My brain doesn't default to Trump stolen election conspiracy theories.

FOX News. Many think
that's why Tucker is gone.

fj1200
01-30-2024, 03:24 PM
As I mentioned elsewhere, I recall seeing something about a defamation suit the makers of the machines filed against someone. Sorry. My brain doesn't default to Trump stolen election conspiracy theories.

There's always claims of something but not enough to sway results. Because something can be hacked doesn't mean it was hacked and doesn't mean that there aren't people keeping track and doesn't mean that there still isn't a paper trail in GA (because there is).

FOX News. Many think
that's why Tucker is gone.

Smartmatic against OANN. Something about receiving employee passwords...

Gunny
01-30-2024, 05:01 PM
There's always claims of something but not enough to sway results. Because something can be hacked doesn't mean it was hacked and doesn't mean that there aren't people keeping track and doesn't mean that there still isn't a paper trail in GA (because there is).

This is one of those "just curious so don't recall the particulars" stories. I do not even know if the results of one connect to the other. I put them together. Was I on the hook for stating the machines can be hacked, I'd damned sure have more than one someone as evidence that it can be done.

I'm also not referring to whatever Guiliani got nailed for.

As you say, still not proof it was done.

I apologize for not caring enough to try and find all the particulars :)

revelarts
01-30-2024, 05:29 PM
Well personally I'm sure our U.S. elections a free and fair
and
all our medications are safe and effective.

Because America

Kathianne
01-30-2024, 05:32 PM

Dominion?

https://apnews.com/article/fox-news-dominion-lawsuit-trial-trump-2020-0ac71f75acfacc52ea80b3e747fb0afe

Gunny
01-31-2024, 06:00 PM
Dominion?

https://apnews.com/article/fox-news-dominion-lawsuit-trial-trump-2020-0ac71f75acfacc52ea80b3e747fb0afeThat is it. That's another can of worms, akin to your other thread. Fox is financially accountable for dubious damage at best yet the leftwingnut MSM is never held accountable for flat out lies.

I'm sure Fox chose to settle rather than trust our justice system:rolleyes:

Kathianne
02-01-2024, 02:46 AM
That is it. That's another can of worms, akin to your other thread. Fox is financially accountable for dubious damage at best yet the leftwingnut MSM is never held accountable for flat out lies.

I'm sure Fox chose to settle rather than trust our justice system:rolleyes:

Not certain regarding FOX. They said a lot, especially Carlson and Laura. I probably think they were right with their assumptions, but they didn't always use 'alleged' or what have you, seemed like opinion as fact. Thus without proof, it was defamatory. IF FOX lost probably would have bankrupted them. Again, different standard. Look at what happens with NYT, CNN, etc.

fj1200
02-01-2024, 10:07 AM
Dominion?

https://apnews.com/article/fox-news-dominion-lawsuit-trial-trump-2020-0ac71f75acfacc52ea80b3e747fb0afe

A new thing as I understand.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/22/business/smartmatic-bribery-scheme-indictment/index.html

But all tied together on some level too probably.

fj1200
02-01-2024, 10:11 AM
Well personally I'm sure our U.S. elections a free and fair
and
all our medications are safe and effective.

Because America

U.S. elections are free and fair
and
U.S. medications are safe and effective.

Because America

The above is a true statement.