View Full Version : Civil War imminent?

SassyLady
01-25-2024, 03:05 AM
Oklahoma, Florida, Arkansas, South Dakota sending troops to help Texas with border security ... in defiance of Biden and SCOTUS.

Who will be next?

NCSWIC

Gunny
01-25-2024, 10:14 AM
Idiot that he is, Juaquin Castro, Dumbocrat, TX, is calling for Biden to Federalize the TXARNG. Proof of his dumbassery in and of itself. Federalizing the Guard means the Fed gov't assumes their pay, equipment (which has to be brought up to Federal/US Army standard), housing, etc. Then what? The Fed government deploys the TXARNG on the Border to protect illegals from the State of Texas? The irony:rolleyes:

What about the people? I realize the Feds live in la-la land, but just how many Texan, National Guardsman are going to go along with that? I know at least most of us older folk are Texans first. The most famous person I can think of faced with such a dilemma was Robert E. Lee who chose his state over the Fed government. But each person will have to.

On the other hand, if Texas does outright rebel, it assumes the aforementioned costs.

Abbott isn't up for reelection. Have to wonder if Biden risking full-blown rebellion in an election year will swing with the fence-sitters. By the very nature of being "independent" voters, I don't see the majority being for heavy handed, military force being used by the government against its own citizens.

SassyLady
01-25-2024, 06:08 PM
25 states now supporting Texas Governor.

RoccoR
01-26-2024, 03:06 AM
RE: Civil War imminent?
※→. Gunny, et al,

What about the people? I realize the Feds live in la-la land, but just how many Texan, National Guardsman are going to go along with that? I know at least most of us older folk are Texans first. The most famous person I can think of faced with such a dilemma was Robert E. Lee who chose his state over the Fed government. But each person will have to.

On the other hand, if Texas does outright rebel, it assumes the aforementioned costs.

(MY THOUGHT)

I'm not a lawyer.

But it seems to me that if the Texas Governor sets Texas State Law supporting a Texas "Commerce Protection Perimeter" (CPP) (avoid saying border enforcement) inside the State of Texas and outside the Federal Right of Way • The governor can enforce any valid State Law free of federal entanglement and free of Mexican entanglement. And the governor can appoint anyone Texas wants to enforce the Commerce Protection Parimeter.

AND

The State of Texas and establish a "Catch and Release" process wherein the detainees are immediately turned over to the Department of Homeland Security (Immigration • or Border Patrol) for Federal Processing -- or -- just drive the detainees by Bus to a Federal Crossing Point.

That would be my thought...

Most Respectfully,
R

SassyLady
01-26-2024, 12:08 PM

SassyLady
01-26-2024, 12:10 PM
I believe all 27 Republican governors are now standing with Texas Governor Abbott.

Gunny
01-27-2024, 12:19 PM
RE: Civil War imminent?
※→. Gunny, et al,

(MY THOUGHT)

I'm not a lawyer.

But it seems to me that if the Texas Governor sets Texas State Law supporting a Texas "Commerce Protection Perimeter" (CPP) (avoid saying border enforcement) inside the State of Texas and outside the Federal Right of Way • The governor can enforce any valid State Law free of federal entanglement and free of Mexican entanglement. And the governor can appoint anyone Texas wants to enforce the Commerce Protection Parimeter.

AND

The State of Texas and establish a "Catch and Release" process wherein the detainees are immediately turned over to the Department of Homeland Security (Immigration • or Border Patrol) for Federal Processing -- or -- just drive the detainees by Bus to a Federal Crossing Point.

That would be my thought...

Most Respectfully,
RNAFTA, or whatever it has morphed into, would preclude/conflict with the Commerce Protection Perimeter idea. Even there, the Feds have assumed final authority.

Texas/Border Patrol have a catch and release program. Prior to 2020, illegals were apprehended and removed to the Border Patrol at POEs and deported/released back into Mexico. Current catch and release amounts to Border Patrol apprehending, documenting then releasing them into Texas, or wherever else the Feds deem okay. Lost in Abbott's bussing plan has been the fact that the Federal government has released as many of not more illegals with a "promise to appear" into the interior of the US.

It's boiled down to a conflict of interest between State and Fed. The Dem plan is political, although hairbrained, while Abbott is trying to protect the social and commercial infrastructure of the state. We're absorbing these illegals at taxpayer expense. They're overloading our schools, medical facilities, unskilled labor market to name a few. They're squatting on land at the owners'/state's expense.

It hasn't come down to what it has suddenly, nor without every effort being made by Abbott and the former Gov of AZ trying to get the Biden admin to simply enforce existing law. As I mentioned in one of my posts on the matter, this whole "Congress is working on a plan" crap is nothing but an unnecessary side show. They can work on it forever for all I care. Isn't the way that normally goes is enforce existing law until superseded by new law?

Just guessing on my part, but if this was not an election year I would not bet against some form of Federal force being shown against Texas. Which goes back to my previous statement. That would be putting a lot of Texan's backs against the wall. It also wouldn't surprise me if that is what the administration was after. Since 2020, the primary goal of this immigration debacle leads nowhere but to Dems trying to break the political power Texas has. That being just my opinion.

SassyLady
01-27-2024, 08:41 PM
https://babylonbee.com/news/ted-cruz-grows-out-mutton-chops-in-preparation-for-civil-war