PDA

View Full Version : Illinois City Councilman Wants Migrants Housed in 'Affluent' Private Residences

Gunny
01-28-2024, 01:02 PM
Illinois politicians must be scrambling to answer the question how this bit of common sense EVER slipped through the cracks in IL politics:laugh:

Illinois City Councilman Wants Migrants Housed in 'Affluent' Private Residences (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/illinois-city-councilman-wants-migrants-housed-in-affluent-private-residences/ar-BB1hmkFZ?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=10cdda3949ae4acbad55818771b5bb9d&ei=28)

Kathianne
01-28-2024, 04:27 PM
Illinois politicians must be scrambling to answer the question how this bit of common sense EVER slipped through the cracks in IL politics:laugh:

Illinois City Councilman Wants Migrants Housed in 'Affluent' Private Residences (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/illinois-city-councilman-wants-migrants-housed-in-affluent-private-residences/ar-BB1hmkFZ?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=10cdda3949ae4acbad55818771b5bb9d&ei=28)

Naperville is one of most affluent suburbs in Chicago area. One of my sons lives there. Lots of mansions, BEYOND McMansions by 5-10 bedrooms and baths. Plenty of room and money to pay for all these people just striving for a chance. Very compassionate folks, much like Evanston and Oak Park.

Gunny
01-29-2024, 05:57 PM
Naperville is one of most affluent suburbs in Chicago area. One of my sons lives there. Lots of mansions, BEYOND McMansions by 5-10 bedrooms and baths. Plenty of room and money to pay for all these people just striving for a chance. Very compassionate folks, much like Evanston and Oak Park.You think this guy is sincere? I read it more as sarcasm.

I wouldn't do it. That's volunteering to be dragged down a deep, dark hole you never know if you'll get out of. I'd as soon foot the bill for a room with a kitchenette. Has less to do with the money than my distrust and dislike of people :)

Kathianne
01-29-2024, 08:43 PM
You think this guy is sincere? I read it more as sarcasm.

I wouldn't do it. That's volunteering to be dragged down a deep, dark hole you never know if you'll get out of. I'd as soon foot the bill for a room with a kitchenette. Has less to do with the money than my distrust and dislike of people :)
Oh he's definitely pointing out the hypocrisy of so many in that city. "We care..." NIMBY!