PDA

View Full Version : Ilhan Omar Defends Somalia Remarks Amid Backlash

Gunny
01-29-2024, 06:10 PM
Buy her a one-way ticket back so she can stand in solidarity in person:rolleyes:

Ilhan Omar Defends Somalia Remarks Amid Backlash (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ilhan-omar-defends-somalia-remarks-amid-backlash/ar-BB1hqKNh?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=56386014bc6040ad8950b0f3280eefd5&ei=40)

Gunny
01-31-2024, 06:45 PM
One could only hope. She needs to back her mouth and go support the people she had to run away and hide from.

Can Ilhan Omar Be Deported? Republicans Call for Her Removal (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/can-ilhan-omar-be-deported-republicans-call-for-her-removal/ar-BB1hyl8O?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=e480deefb9664cb294bffe17701922dd&ei=55)

Black Diamond
01-31-2024, 10:13 PM
One could only hope. She needs to back her mouth and go support the people she had to run away and hide from.

Can Ilhan Omar Be Deported? Republicans Call for Her Removal (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/can-ilhan-omar-be-deported-republicans-call-for-her-removal/ar-BB1hyl8O?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=e480deefb9664cb294bffe17701922dd&ei=55)

Doing so will only mean they are racist and Islamophobic

Kathianne
02-01-2024, 02:59 AM
I really don't like her. Still I think it's a free speech issue.

Gunny
02-01-2024, 05:57 PM
I really don't like her. Still I think it's a free speech issue.I think it goes beyond that. She is a Representative of the people in the US Congress. As such, she and whoever else should represent the people in the US and the US Constitution. Instead she represents ideals contrary to the US, its people and the Constitution, to the point of opposition.

If she was spewing her hatred as a private citizen, I could care less and only hope she chokes on the bile.

Kathianne
02-01-2024, 06:31 PM
I think it goes beyond that. She is a Representative of the people in the US Congress. As such, she and whoever else should represent the people in the US and the US Constitution. Instead she represents ideals contrary to the US, its people and the Constitution, to the point of opposition.

If she was spewing her hatred as a private citizen, I could care less and only hope she chokes on the bile.

I hear and empathize, but one doesn't give up any rights when elected to Congress or any office. Maybe they should, but they don't.

Gunny
02-01-2024, 07:02 PM
I hear and empathize, but one doesn't give up any rights when elected to Congress or any office. Maybe they should, but they don't.:) Y'know, I heard all about that "not giving up any Rights" thingy for 21 years. Yeah, you do. If it's that way for US government military personnel, it should be the same for the other people who represent the US Government.

Kathianne
02-01-2024, 08:20 PM
:) Y'know, I heard all about that "not giving up any Rights" thingy for 21 years. Yeah, you do. If it's that way for US government military personnel, it should be the same for the other people who represent the US Government.

Laws.

Gunny
02-03-2024, 05:53 PM
Laws.I understand where you are coming from and would agree with it except society has reached a tipping point where the aberrant 10% have loopholed and misused their intent until they no longer represent common sense and the will of the majority, and in fact amount to freedom is a suicide pact.

Kathianne
02-03-2024, 06:48 PM
I understand where you are coming from and would agree with it except society has reached a tipping point where the aberrant 10% have loopholed and misused their intent until they no longer represent common sense and the will of the majority, and in fact amount to freedom is a suicide pact.

Again, unless you're joining the "Civil War is the answer ' crowd.

Gunny
02-05-2024, 09:06 AM
Again, unless you're joining the "Civil War is the answer ' crowd.

Current reality? Or academically? We're in a "civil war" best I can tell. Normal people vs current government and its mindless sheeple dependents. At this point in time, I see little changing for the better so long as the latter are in control dragging us along on their downward plunge.

I have in the past when predicting where we are heading as the outcome if not check stated this "civil war" can be won without bloodshed through the democratic process. That window's closing. Since the primary requirement is that people open their eyes and think for themselves, I'm not real hopeful.

While we may disagree, never forget I am a Marine. I'm fine with shutting up the 10% that drag down the unit and make it inefficient/ineffective. Especially when their sole goal is to destroy the unit from within. In a perfect World, society, not law, ostracizes them. That is no longer the case as evidenced by this cancer and others like her holding public office.

Kathianne
02-05-2024, 10:23 AM
Current reality? Or academically? We're in a "civil war" best I can tell. Normal people vs current government and its mindless sheeple dependents. At this point in time, I see little changing for the better so long as the latter are in control dragging us along on their downward plunge.

I have in the past when predicting where we are heading as the outcome if not check stated this "civil war" can be won without bloodshed through the democratic process. That window's closing. Since the primary requirement is that people open their eyes and think for themselves, I'm not real hopeful.

While we may disagree, never forget I am a Marine. I'm fine with shutting up the 10% that drag down the unit and make it inefficient/ineffective. Especially when their sole goal is to destroy the unit from within. In a perfect World, society, not law, ostracizes them. That is no longer the case as evidenced by this cancer and others like her holding public office.
Thanks to nonsense like the 'war on poverty' and 'war on drugs,' it's become the norm to want 'bloodless war.' That is an oxymoron. The behaviors during the so called, 'cold wars' are not bloodless, when proxies are involved-see Middle East today. When proxies are not engaged against primaries or allies, it's a state of preparing for war, not war itself.

All the talk about 'civil war' is obviously not beneficial to the country, rather to those who truly want the civil breakdown and violence-THAT is civil war.

Gunny
02-05-2024, 07:37 PM
Thanks to nonsense like the 'war on poverty' and 'war on drugs,' it's become the norm to want 'bloodless war.' That is an oxymoron. The behaviors during the so called, 'cold wars' are not bloodless, when proxies are involved-see Middle East today. When proxies are not engaged against primaries or allies, it's a state of preparing for war, not war itself.

All the talk about 'civil war' is obviously not beneficial to the country, rather to those who truly want the civil breakdown and violence-THAT is civil war.The word lost its literal definition even before our time. In context, I use it in the sense that at least one side (the left) is out subjugate the other its weapon being our very own words and laws. When every facet of the left and all it controls is in a concerted, incessant bombardment of propaganda and abused/misused legislation to disenfranchise the right, I'd say there is conflict.

In the dictionary definition sense of the word, I don't see any civil war coming because I see the right caving. The left doesn't care if it uses armed force against us, and will when and where they deem it necessary to "restore Constitutional order" (cough cough). The right is about as cohesive as its representatives in the House and it's going to field a force to take on the US Government the left controls?

We, as a society, have lived in fear of government for so long it's default. There aren't enough people doing without to support a civil war. Most would rather be subjugated under totalitarian rule than lose what they are clinging to. Obama got that one right. He just didn't other to explain why. With the stroke of a pen and an excuse, the Federal government can take everything one owns to include savings and income. The fear is justified, but the fact remains it's pretty hard to fight a war with nothing.

Not to digress, but thus the idea of parallel society, not (as) dependent on government.

All the people talking civil war are going to do is give the Federal government an excuse. If we've learned nothing else, we should have learned by now it has no problem doing that to us. Just can't seem to muster up the nads to handle any other kind of threat.

I will also add this: Sitting here waiting and watching. If Biden/Fed Government handle it wrong with Texas and try marching in here in any show of force, that might be just enough to start said war.

Edit: And I would STILL do my level best to kick Omar out of Congress and see what could be done about deporting her :)

Gunny
02-09-2024, 09:12 AM
This a USA Today article. Never cared much for it. According to this article, this isn't the first time it's gone out of its way to "fact check" Omar. I wasn't aware USA Today was so concerned:rolleyes: I'll stick with the overwhelming preponderance of evidence over a period of years and what I have seen her mouth saying.

On the other hand, people not translating her words verbatim and doing their own editorializing for some political sensationalism just suck and it isn't any more okay for the right to do it than it is the left. It in fact makes whoever did this make the right appear to be hypocrites, bitching up a storm about the MSM while doing the same damned thing.

Then there are the histrionics of Republican politicians knee jerk reacting to hearsay. Stupid.

Omar spoke about Horn of Africa port deal, not loyalty to Somalia over US | Fact check (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/omar-spoke-about-horn-of-africa-port-deal-not-loyalty-to-somalia-over-us-fact-check/ar-BB1hZFZb?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=85c1bb8edfee4992b4d326f7cb0ab925&ei=18)