PDA

View Full Version : NEW YORK state “The Worst Children’s Health Bill Ever,”

revelarts
02-06-2024, 10:16 AM
Trying to separate parents from Children even more... again.
and give them drugs and medical procedures without parental comsent.
...Albany is lying about the official description of A6761/S8352, “The Worst Children’s Health Bill Ever,” on the State Senate and Assembly websites.

The Assembly description says the bill,
“allows homeless youth to give effective consent to certain medical, dental, health, and hospital services, provides for insurance coverage of such health care services consented to by such youth.“

The Senate website says S8352 would,
“Allows certain minors to consent to certain medical, dental, health, and hospital services.”

What the bill really does is allow ANY medical procedure to be done to ANY and ALL minors in New York without parental knowledge or consent. This fact was confirmed yesterday by Justin Westbrook-Lowery, Chief of Staff for A6761 sponsor Assembly member Karines Reyes. A6761/S8352 completely eradicates parental control over what happens medically to our children...

https://www.votervoice.net/AUTISMACTION/Campaigns/111164/Respond

SassyLady
02-06-2024, 10:32 PM
The world seems to be more insane by the day.

Gunny
02-07-2024, 12:00 PM
Trying to separate parents from Children even more... again.
and give them drugs and medical procedures without parental comsent.
...Albany is lying about the official description of A6761/S8352, “The Worst Children’s Health Bill Ever,” on the State Senate and Assembly websites.

The Assembly description says the bill,
“allows homeless youth to give effective consent to certain medical, dental, health, and hospital services, provides for insurance coverage of such health care services consented to by such youth.“

The Senate website says S8352 would,
“Allows certain minors to consent to certain medical, dental, health, and hospital services.”

What the bill really does is allow ANY medical procedure to be done to ANY and ALL minors in New York without parental knowledge or consent. This fact was confirmed yesterday by Justin Westbrook-Lowery, Chief of Staff for A6761 sponsor Assembly member Karines Reyes. A6761/S8352 completely eradicates parental control over what happens medically to our children...

https://www.votervoice.net/AUTISMACTION/Campaigns/111164/RespondI am curious as why this autism organization is so concerned. Concerned citizens?

The one bennie I have found to autism is that it pretty much isolates the children from all this political, woke gender crap. Not an expert. Just an opinion based on helping raise 2 children who are autistic. They'll be lucky enough to become self-sufficient enough to leave the house, much less become homeless.

FWIW, I would not support the Bill if I was from NY.

revelarts
02-08-2024, 01:09 PM
I am curious as why this autism organization is so concerned. Concerned citizens?
dunno... maybe you could poke around their website to find out.

The one bennie I have found to autism is that it pretty much isolates the children from all this political, woke gender crap. Not an expert. Just an opinion based on helping raise 2 children who are autistic. They'll be lucky enough to become self-sufficient enough to leave the house, much less become homeless.

FWIW, I would not support the Bill if I was from NY.

I'm still not sure how so many "representatives" have the idea that THEY, not the children's parents, should be in control of children's medical affairs, education etc.
they want FULL access to their bodies & minds.
That mindset is bizarre to me.
It's like kidnapping, it's evil.

Gunny
02-08-2024, 08:06 PM
dunno... maybe you could poke around their website to find out.

I'm still not sure how so many "representatives" have the idea that THEY, not the children's parents, should be in control of children's medical affairs, education etc.
that want FULL access to their bodies & minds.
That mindset is bizarre to me.
It's like kidnapping, it's evil.At some point recently, I read something to this effect:

Regardless intent (good or bad), people who want to be politicians believe they have all the answers to "what's wrong" and feel obliged to lead us ordinary folk out of the wilderness and folly of our ways.

I generally can agree with that, AND temper it with the primary rule of stupidity: Stupid people are a danger and menace to everyone because they don't know they're stupid and constantly overrate their abilities. By contrast, intelligent people usually underrate themselves and always have questions.