PDA

View Full Version : Biden To Address Nation Shortly

Kathianne
02-08-2024, 07:35 PM
7:45pm isn't usually his best time, but seems ignoring the report with. "We disagree..
" isn't going to cut it.

Interesting times indeed.

fj1200
02-09-2024, 05:57 AM
^Seems his options are (D)oddering old person or a liar.

Gunny
02-09-2024, 08:49 AM
^Seems his options are (D)oddering old person or a liar.One does not preclude the other. He was an accomplished fool and liar before he started doddering.

Gunny
02-09-2024, 08:58 AM
ABC News. THIS is an official reason for the President of the United States (then VP) to leave classified material laying around the house and in university buildings funded by China?

And what is it again they are going after Trump for?

I do not recall intent, memory, and/or "cooperating" being any sort of excuse for mishandling classified material. You did or you didn't. Apparently it not only is "different" for politicians, but which party/who they are as well. Nation of laws:rolleyes:

President Joe Biden came out with a fiery defense against Special Counsel Robert Hur's (https://abcnews.go.com/US/white-house-finishes-review-special-counsels-report-biden/story?id=107047339) report that questioned his mental acuity and suggested his memory could be "hazy."
Speaking from the Diplomatic Reception Room at the White House on Thursday night, Biden addressed the issue, stating, "I know what the hell I'm doing."

On Thursday, Biden's memory was cited as one of the reasons the Justice Department wouldn't be filing charges against the president for his handling of classified documents. In Hur's report, he described Biden's mental fitness and ability to recall key moments of his political career, as sparse, apparently "hazy" and, in one interaction, claiming the president could not recall "even within several years" when his oldest son had died.

Biden lashes out after special counsel report: 'I know what the hell I'm doing' (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-lashes-out-after-special-counsel-report-i-know-what-the-hell-i-m-doing/ar-BB1i0TPd?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=85c1bb8edfee4992b4d326f7cb0ab925&ei=11)

Kathianne
02-09-2024, 09:17 AM
One does not preclude the other. He was an accomplished fool and liar before he started doddering.

I agree. Watched with my roommate, could not believe he said, 'President of Mexico' after all the French/Germany dead people gaffes. He never should have taken questions, but he is just that arrogant.

Question now is if anyone with any gravitas actually brings up the 25th.

Gunny
02-09-2024, 09:21 AM
I agree. Watched with my roommate, could not believe he said, 'President of Mexico' after all the French/Germany dead people gaffes. He never should have taken questions, but he is just that arrogant.

Question now is if anyone with any gravitas actually brings up the 25th.Scary part about that is what if they do? I don't see the Dems replacing him either in office or on allot with anyone that is going to do the Nation any good, but could be worse, but enough to rally the Dems to vote.

Kathianne
02-09-2024, 09:34 AM
Scary part about that is what if they do? I don't see the Dems replacing him either in office or on allot with anyone that is going to do the Nation any good, but could be worse, but enough to rally the Dems to vote.

They may have no choice.

Kathianne
02-09-2024, 09:43 AM
Related: https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2024/02/09/biden-mixed-up-mexican-prez-with-egyptian-prez-during-presser-meant-to-show-competence-n3782622

Biden Mixed Up Mexican Prez With Egyptian Prez During Presser Meant to Show CompetenceKAREN TOWNSEND 8:40 AM | February 09, 2024

DOJ/Special Counsel
I watched Joe Biden's last-minute address to the nation Thursday night to prove he is mentally capable of performing his duties as President of the United States. It was a stunning performance. I have some thoughts.

Here's the thing - the jig is up. The Emperor has no clothes. What we have known for some time has been confirmed by Biden's own DOJ. He is not mentally capable of being the leader of the free world.

Joe Biden was supposed to reassure the nation that he's in charge and he is up to the job. Instead, we got an angry, defensive, partisan old man. He should never have been shoved out before the press to make excuses for his handling of classified documents Thursday. It was too late in his day for such a move. Biden is at his best in mid-morning. After that, everyone just holds their breath. He should have waited until Friday morning, after a night's rest and some coffee, before facing the press.

The press is experiencing the biggest story of their careers at this moment in time and they have pent-up frustration over a lack of access to the president. He avoids them as much as he can. Unlike Trump, who will stand and answer questions all day long, Biden isn't capable of doing that.

The Biden speech was hastily announced about a half hour before it was to begin. Then, as is his habit, he was late. Voices on the internet were going nuts with all kinds of speculation as to what he would say. One person tweeted that D.C. sources said he was late because John Podesta was talking him out of resigning.

I don't think Biden has any intentions of resigning. His ego is huge and he can't admit he was found to have improperly handled classified documents. The special counsel decided not to charge Biden with a crime because he is too old and has a loss of memory. The special counsel said that a jury would think Biden is a sweet old man who has lost his memory. So, Joe is off the hook.

Joe Biden lied several times. He said he did not share classified information when the special counsel's report said he did. He showed a ghostwriter documents. Then that ghostwriter destroyed the tape of their conversation, thereby destroying evidence in the case.

He said he did not willfully retain classified documents. The report clearly states that he did just that.

Biden threw his staff under the bus and blamed them for packing up classified documents and moving them to his garage. How did his staff get those documents if Biden didn't have them in his possession? Biden had no right to have those documents and his staff certainly didn't have access to them on their own.

Biden blames the October 7 massacres in Israel for his forgetfulness during his 5 hours of questioning over two days with the special counsel. He said he was managing an international event. That is some kind of statement - the United States isn't running the Israel-Hamas war. That is what Bibi Netanyahu is doing.

He denied that he forgot when his son, Beau, died. He got emotional about that. He said he wears his son's rosary every day and then he forgot the church where the family holds memorial services for Beau on Memorial Day every year.

Biden kept saying, "My memory is fine." Almost from the beginning of his speech, he compared his case to Trump's. It should be noted that the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago and spread documents on the floor of a closet. Trump opened up his home to the FBI days before the raid and they asked him to put an additional lock on a door where some boxes were stored, which he did. Trump did resist turning over documents he thought he was entitled to keep. However, he thought he was still negotiating with the National Archives when the FBI showed up. Also, Trump was president and the only one who had the power to declassify classified documents. Biden was a senator and then vice president when he took documents.

We are headed to a very serious national crisis. The president is mentally incompetent. This is, frankly, a very scary moment. What do our allies think? What are our enemies planning? I don't say this lightly - it is time to use the 25th Amendment and get Biden out of office. I know that would mean President Kamala Harris and that is horrifying but it has to be done. The world is on fire, our southern border is wide open, and Americans are struggling.

The White House press corps was shouting at Biden, asking if he would step down. He refused to say he would. When a reporter reminded him that he said there were many Democrats capable of being president, he said he was the only one who could be president and finish what he had begun. Heaven help us.

When he was leaving the room, he stopped and went back to the podium to answer another question. It was about the Israel-Hamas war. He said Israel had gone too far with Gaza, which is newsworthy. Then he mixed up his answer on aid to Gaza. Biden blamed the president of Mexico instead of the president of Egypt for difficulties in getting aid trucks into Gaza.

Biden thinks he has an excellent legislative record. He isn't going anywhere, at least not now. We'll have to see how this all plays out. It was interesting that the press was aggressively asking if he would step down now. The CNN reporter asked that question.

A bad week for Republicans on Capitol Hill has turned on a dime. The Biden White House and re-election campaign is in crisis. Can they manage the crisis? Will Joe Biden be the nominee? Will Biden finish out his term? All of those questions are up in the air right now and that puts our country in jeopardy. No amount of spin is going to get Biden out of this.

The press conference only produced more questions. Biden didn't settle anything.

Gunny
02-10-2024, 12:39 PM
Related: https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2024/02/09/biden-mixed-up-mexican-prez-with-egyptian-prez-during-presser-meant-to-show-competence-n3782622

I don't think it's a matter of "if" he's done. He'd have to perform miracles in the town square to recover from this. "How" is my concern.

The Republican't's aren't going to seize the day, unless that includes self-sabotage. I guess at this point we can only hope the Dems don't manage to. Foremost in my mind is that evil, stupid bastard Newsome. Useless as a human being and definitely a threat to freedom as a politician, but he has charisma and a smile. That's all it took for Obama who was as unqualified and proven liar as Newsome,

Gunny
02-10-2024, 12:56 PM
Speak of the Devil, he himself (Newsome), was just on the tube blaming what's wrong with California on Republicans. When was the last time CA had Republicans in charge? The biggest issues I've seen in CA have been Newsome's policies from hypocritical lockdowns, to homelessness to illegals with Rights to his nonsensical environmental laws. He's made it impossible for people to be in business and the middle class is bailing in droves.

I don't see a Republican nor Republican policy in any of that.

Kathianne
02-10-2024, 12:59 PM
Speak of the Devil, he himself (Newsome), was just on the tube blaming what's wrong with California on Republicans. When was the last time CA had Republicans in charge? The biggest issues I've seen in CA have been Newsome's policies from hypocritical lockdowns, to homelessness to illegals with Rights to his nonsensical environmental laws. He's made it impossible for people to be in business and the middle class is bailing in droves.

I don't see a Republican nor Republican policy in any of that.

To a large extent, CA is much like many areas of the country-the large cities are overwhelmingly D. Rural and suburbs to a lesser extent now, are more conservative. What you said about CA leadership is true, though the DAs are also responsible for much of the problem.

Gunny
02-10-2024, 01:03 PM
Seems to me Biden had his chance to defend himself and blew it. I'm not seeing the "cleanup crew's" attempt to turn it on the media going very far.

WASHINGTON — The Biden campaign and White House have landed on an initial strategy for responding to the special counsel Robert Hur's report that spurned questions about the president's fitness to hold office: Attack Hur and the media covering the report.

'Cheap shot': Biden allies go on the attack against the special counsel and the media (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cheap-shot-biden-allies-go-on-the-attack-against-the-special-counsel-and-the-media/ar-BB1i3fVM?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=88dc4c2c22804e3ba591d47059600375&ei=21)

Kathianne
02-10-2024, 01:07 PM
[COLOR=#2B2B2B][FONT=&quot][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Seems to me Biden had his chance to defend himself and blew it. I'm not seeing the "cleanup crew's" attempt to turn it on the media going very far.

'Cheap shot': Biden allies go on the attack against the special counsel and the media (msn.com)[/URL]

I don't think there's much else they can say. I also don't think they can change what we've all seen and now has been codified in an official government report, not too mention the disaster of Joe's Q and A.

The only question left is it now enough for Biden to lose to whomever the Rs put up? ;)

Gunny
02-10-2024, 01:09 PM
To a large extent, CA is much like many areas of the country-the large cities are overwhelmingly D. Rural and suburbs to a lesser extent now, are more conservative. What you said about CA leadership is true, though the DAs are also responsible for much of the problem.

Oh I get that. I was stationed in 29 Palms for four years in the Hi Desert. Those little desert towns were occupied by quite the self-sufficient lot. Clannish but friendly. Just don't be a dumb jarhead or anyone rocking their boat. They really don't give a damn what the government has to say. I really liked it there at the time. When I was off work I had a whole desert to cut up and play in :laugh:

fj1200
02-10-2024, 03:08 PM
ABC News. THIS is an official reason for the President of the United States (then VP) to leave classified material laying around the house and in university buildings funded by China?

And what is it again they are going after Trump for?

I do not recall intent, memory, and/or "cooperating" being any sort of excuse for mishandling classified material. You did or you didn't. Apparently it not only is "different" for politicians, but which party/who they are as well. Nation of laws:rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaken the trump problem was not returning them when told to by the courts. You'll know better than I if that's still illegal but I think everyone else, biden, Pence, etc. returned them when they were found out.

Gunny
02-10-2024, 05:33 PM
If I'm not mistaken the trump problem was not returning them when told to by the courts. You'll know better than I if that's still illegal but I think everyone else, biden, Pence, etc. returned them when they were found out.

Correct. They should all be charged as far as I'm concerned. NOTHING in the USC states anything about "intentions". "Complying or not after the fact" is irrelevant to the rule. If one is in possession of classified documents and they are not handled per protocol, one is in violation.

That being said, apparently the MSM, Dems and whoever have just decided to ignore written law and make up their own as they go along; thus, my snide remark regarding Trump. If, by their unwritten, illegal standard Biden, Pence and whoever else isn't guilty, then neither should be Trump.

Not charging Biden because he has a "memory issue" is just flat-out BS. That and some tears will get you a minimum some time, reduction in grade, forfeiture of all pay and allowances and a General Under Other Than Honorable Conditions discharge in the Marine Corps.

Gunny
02-11-2024, 07:21 PM
To add insult to injury, these morons just don't get it. The report is classified and marked "confidential". And they STILL let it out. Just more of lame ass politicians putting themselves above the law. If, for nothing else, Garland should be nailed for releasing classified information to the public without declassifying it first. And no, I DON'T care about their BS reasoning. The fact of the act remains what it is.

‘Confidential’ in name only: Merrick Garland’s delicate decision to release the Hur report - POLITICO (https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/09/garland-decision-release-hur-report-00140806)