PDA

View Full Version : Unread posts

jimnyc
02-21-2024, 09:19 AM
When folks login, does the display of how many unread posts you have show in the upper right corner?

Mine may be because of the extended absence but only showed "you have unread posts" and not how many. Curious if it broke or just me?

Kathianne
02-21-2024, 10:07 AM
It's there, I rarely have more than 5 or so.

revelarts
02-21-2024, 10:48 AM
says six for me...

jimnyc
02-21-2024, 12:05 PM
When I just logged back in now it shows the unread posts since earlier, so all is good. At least if you don't go awol I blame it on Gunny , he must have been fu**ing with my account once again! :)

fj1200
02-21-2024, 02:45 PM
When folks login, does the display of how many unread posts you have show in the upper right corner?

Mine may be because of the extended absence but only showed "you have unread posts" and not how many. Curious if it broke or just me?

Yes, but if you don't read them all and then logout when you log back in it doesn't give you an unread count. They still show as unread though.

Gunny
02-21-2024, 04:28 PM
When I just logged back in now it shows the unread posts since earlier, so all is good. At least if you don't go awol I blame it on @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) , he must have been fu**ing with my account once again! :)I only mess with regularly participating members' accounts :poke:

:halounplugged:

jimnyc
02-22-2024, 07:18 AM
Yes, but if you don't read them all and then logout when you log back in it doesn't give you an unread count. They still show as unread though.

That is normal, but I agree wrong. It will always show the unread posts until you click "mark forums read", but not showing the total is not right. I never leave without marking read so maybe just never noticed that. And if you read them all, they are now all marked, so should show new unread when coming back. If that doesn't show then it's broke too or never worked. This "hack" if you will stopped being supported in 2019. I may have to upgrade to better software and/or seek a fix.

jimnyc
02-22-2024, 07:20 AM
I only mess with regularly participating members' accounts :poke:

:halounplugged:

That's messed up fu**er!

Hey, I'll be landing in Seattle next Wednesday at 10:26pm, why don't you drive up for a quick visit? :thumb:

jimnyc
02-22-2024, 07:35 AM

I just logged out with 2 unread posts, and when I logged back in they were still unread in their respective forums, but post unread count at top had reset itself. So same here.

Gunny
02-22-2024, 12:23 PM
That's messed up fu**er!

Hey, I'll be landing in Seattle next Wednesday at 10:26pm, why don't you drive up for a quick visit? :thumb::laugh: