PDA

View Full Version : Is The Supreme Court A Farce?

mindsee
02-29-2024, 07:45 PM
Of course it is. Their decision to overturn Roe vs Wade proved that. But then again, the law in general is a farce. For too many reasons to go into. But one reason is the level of "justice" you get depends on how much money you have. Now it seems that the Supreme Court has taken another stab at showing to what level of a farce it is. Because they didn't let lower courts ruling stand that Trump doesn't have immunity from crimes he committed in office because he was the president. Instead, the Supreme Court decided to make that decision for themselves. As if they should have needed to.

That aside, here is where things really get interesting. The Supreme Court is going to be hearing a case about Donald Trump. But in any court, whenever the judge has had personal dealings with the person they are hearing a case about, they need to recuse themselves from hearing that case. Because doing otherwise would allow for there being a conflict of interest. Well three of those Supreme Court Judges were actually made Supreme Court Judges by Donald Trump! It would be difficult to have any greater of a conflict of interest than that. Whoever is going to be arguing the case on behalf of the People of the U.S.A., they need to ask that the judges actually appointed by Trump recuse themselves from the case. Will they? It's hard to say. And if the request is made, will the judges actually appointed to that court by Trump recuse themselves? Somehow, I doubt it.

fj1200
03-01-2024, 08:14 AM
You don't seem to understand SCOTUS.

Gunny
03-01-2024, 09:07 AM
You don't seem to understand SCOTUS.How many lower court cases are on hold pending a ruling on Presidential immunity that rightly should be answered by the Supreme Court? Rather obvious lower courts cannot address/answer the question.

It's my opinion no decision from anyone but the Supreme Court is going to answer the question, just as it is my opinion no decision from the Supreme Court is going to be acceptable to all. One side or the other will be wailing and gnashing teeth.

In the hopes of a decision they don't like, the professional rioters on the left are probably waxing their signs and oiling up their propaganda machines.

mindsee
03-01-2024, 06:09 PM
You don't seem to understand SCOTUS.

What's to understand. I told you how things work. Just because it is the "Supreme Court" doesn't mean that it is anything but a court. As a court with judges, any judges that have any personal connection to the person they are trying should recuse themselves from judging that person.

fj1200
03-02-2024, 12:09 PM
Appointing =/= personal connection.

Gunny answered the rest pretty well.