PDA

View Full Version : Weddings, appointments, birthdays, enemy's screwups... that's what calenders are for!

Roopull
02-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Yay! My first new thread! Like the font?

Really, I didn't make this up. (http://www.caller.com/ccct/local_news/article/0,1641,CCCT_811_5328305,00.html)

February 4, 2007
Democrats note Cheney incident on their calendar
U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi sent out the Democrats' 2007 calendar this week, which includes the House vote schedule, holidays, commemorative days, the dates when key economic data is published, the anniversaries of key acts of Congress and other special events.

The e-mail from Pelosi's office reads, "Attached is a calendar for 2007 that has been prepared by Speaker Pelosi's office. It was originally e-mailed out to Democratic offices in mid-December, but we wanted to e-mail it out again to ensure that all offices had seen it. We hope this calendar helps Democratic offices to plan press events and other activities for their member throughout the year."

Included in the calendar is a Feb. 11 entry reminding House members of the anniversary of the day Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot fellow hunter Harry Whittington at the Armstrong Ranch.

The item reads simply, "Cheney hunting accident (2006)."

As much as I want to make a comment about how childish this is, I can't say that if an enemy of mine blew holes in his buddy's face while birdhunting I'd be able to just let the anniversary of the event pass... especially without sending a mass-email to every single media person alive.:rolleyes:

trobinett
02-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Oh come on Roo, I'm too sure, your the person that's third in line for the Presidency, and your worried about an accidental shooting?

I don't think so.

That my man, is "small gain" politics at its best.

My feelings for the lady seem to be justified.

But then.............:boobies: :eek: :poke: :flameth: :cool:

Roopull
02-07-2007, 03:50 AM
Oh, I didn't say she's worried... I said I'd use it, too. I can be a vindictive little fvcker from time to time.