PDA

View Full Version : Reaction to Trump’s speech: When is ‘a bloodbath’ not a bloodbath?

Gunny
03-18-2024, 08:39 AM
Context counts. I still say Trump knew exactly the effect his double entendre would have. Feel the same about his Jan 6th speech.

Reaction to Trump's speech: When is ‘a bloodbath’ not a bloodbath? - POLITICO (https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/17/trump-bloodbath-turner-cassidy-rounds-00147465)

hjmick
03-18-2024, 03:56 PM
It's starting to look as if the first one who will be experiencing a "bloodbath" will be Trump himself, seeing as he is unable to find anyone to post his $454,000,000.00+ bond. I'd say he's not as wealthy as he's been claiming all these years... I mean, how is a man who claims to have more than $14,000,000,000.00 in assets can't put up his own bond?

Trump fails to secure bond for $454M judgment in civil fraud case as asset seizures loom (https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-trump-failed-appeal-bond-150739705.html)

hjmick
03-18-2024, 04:01 PM
Context counts. I still say Trump knew exactly the effect his double entendre would have. Feel the same about his Jan 6th speech.

Reaction to Trump's speech: When is ‘a bloodbath’ not a bloodbath? - POLITICO (https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/17/trump-bloodbath-turner-cassidy-rounds-00147465)

Part of his problem, to my mind, is that he so often rambles during these events, straying off on non-sequiturs, that it is sometimes difficult to tell if he is still rambling about the topic he started on or if he's moved on to a new topic. That's kind of where I was with this speech. He's talking about China, Chinese automakers, Chinese automakers in Mexico, tariffs if he's elected, if he's not elected there will be a bloodbath...

Is it any wonder some people have reacted the way they did?

Gunny
03-19-2024, 07:53 AM
It's starting to look as if the first one who will be experiencing a "bloodbath" will be Trump himself, seeing as he is unable to find anyone to post his $454,000,000.00+ bond. I'd say he's not as wealthy as he's been claiming all these years... I mean, how is a man who claims to have more than $14,000,000,000.00 in assets can't put up his own bond?

Trump fails to secure bond for $454M judgment in civil fraud case as asset seizures loom (https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-trump-failed-appeal-bond-150739705.html)Has been my opinion all along the left's long term plan has been to bleed him dry with their relentless attacks, never ending attacks. I was surprised they didn't get to it sooner. They spent too much time thinking they were going to "Russian collusion" him out of office before they got down to what brought them to the dance. Even Trump has a bottom dollar. Government does not.

They're (mis)using the legal system to take away everything he has.

As far as that bond goes, it's beyond absurd. That egomaniac is hardly likely to skip town. One could only hope. Several high dollar corporations have made clear their intent to move and/or not sink any more money into NY because of the ruling. At the very base level, Trump was found guilty of being a salesman for selling. My heart is hardly bleeding for him, but that doesn't make what they are doing right.

They had to back off the RNC funding legal expenses for him. Not sure if it's because people raised too much Hell about it or that minor little detail that the RNC is almost broke got in the way.

Gunny
03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Part of his problem, to my mind, is that he so often rambles during these events, straying off on non-sequiturs, that it is sometimes difficult to tell if he is still rambling about the topic he started on or if he's moved on to a new topic. That's kind of where I was with this speech. He's talking about China, Chinese automakers, Chinese automakers in Mexico, tariffs if he's elected, if he's not elected there will be a bloodbath...

Is it any wonder some people have reacted the way they did?I enjoy what sanity I have too much. I don't listen to any of these fools. They're lying, trying to blow smoke up our asses and if I allow it, it'll piss me off. I got grandkids for that :laugh:

fj1200
03-19-2024, 08:39 AM
Is it any wonder some people have reacted the way they did?

And that they take what he says in absolutely the worst context especially when it helps advance whatever narrative they're on this week.

revelarts
03-19-2024, 12:07 PM
once heard a Pastor/Marriage counselor talk about how some couples relationship get so bad that no matters what's said by a spouse it's taken in the worse negative light.
He said a Husband wakes up and says "Good morning" and the wife replies "What do you mean by that!?!"

It happens with many politicians, Trump's not the 1st. Trump says "Peacefully" 3 times. But to his detractors it definitely means "insurrection!".
For Obama it was the same. He says "could have been my son" But to his detractors they "know" it definitely really means "I hate all white people & all police".

Bush and Clinton haters were close but not quite as irrational.

The sad thing about Trump is that the concept of "filter" is not on his planet or in his vocabulary. Along with a lot of other words.