PDA

View Full Version : the left caught lying yet again....

manu1959
10-16-2007, 08:35 PM
turns out she wasn't mugged.......fell down....:laugh2:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/10/16/2007-10-16_air_america_host_randi_rhodes_wasnt_mugg.html

Air America radio host Randi Rhodes is temporarily off the air, but claims she was brutally attacked near her Manhattan apartment are bogus, her lawyer and a police source said today.

Fellow host Jon Elliott claimed on the liberal radio network that Rhodes had been mugged while walking her dog, Simon, on Sunday night. Elliot, who said Rhodes lost several teeth in the attack, waxed about a possible conspiracy.

"Is this an attempt by the right-wing, hate machine to silence one of our own?" he asked on the air, according to Talking Radio, a blog. "Are we threatening them? Are they afraid that we’re winning? Are they trying to silence intimidate us?"

actsnoblemartin
10-16-2007, 08:40 PM
lying, im shocked, just shocked :laugh2: :lol:

JohnDoe
10-16-2007, 08:51 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/10/16/2007-10-16_air_america_host_randi_rhodes_wasnt_mugg.html

Air America radio host Randi Rhodes is temporarily off the air, but claims she was brutally attacked near her Manhattan apartment are bogus, her lawyer and a police source said today.

Fellow host Jon Elliott claimed on the liberal radio network that Rhodes had been mugged while walking her dog, Simon, on Sunday night. Elliot, who said Rhodes lost several teeth in the attack, waxed about a possible conspiracy.

"Is this an attempt by the right-wing, hate machine to silence one of our own?" he asked on the air, according to Talking Radio, a blog. "Are we threatening them? Are they afraid that we’re winning? Are they trying to silence intimidate us?"

Manu...just curious about what makes this thread's title any different from someone on the left putting all Christians in the same category as looney toons or the Pastors that have fallen, or all of those on the right in the same category as anne coulter or rush limbaugh or the KKK or white supremists? :slap:

jd

BoogyMan
10-16-2007, 09:03 PM
It was my understanding, and please correct me if I am wrong, that it was a co-host named Jon Elliot who made the dubious claim that was later rescinded.

Dirty pool all around.

Hugh Lincoln
10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Hilarious!

The left is so damn eager to be victims, they manufacture it even if it's not real!

KKK night riders came through Manhattan and attacked her! Ha! What a joke.

manu1959
10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Manu...just curious about what makes this thread's title any different from someone on the left putting all Christians in the same category as looney toons or the Pastors that have fallen, or all of those on the right in the same category as anne coulter or rush limbaugh or the KKK or white supremists? :slap:

jd

trying to rationalize the lie huh?......billy gets to stay up late......thought the left was better than the right........guess not.....

Yurt
10-16-2007, 09:39 PM

jd

She and her radio show claim to speak for the left and are part of the left :poke:

JohnDoe
10-16-2007, 09:50 PM
trying to rationalize the lie huh?......billy gets to stay up late......thought the left was better than the right........guess not.....so this one guy that i have never heard of with an audience of NIL, constitutes ''the left''?

If that's the case then anne coulter or ted haggard or a pastor having homo sex with his parishioners in some church in the hills of NC, or the corrupt representative duke cunningham and possibly senator ted stevens should be used as the example of ''the right'' in its entirety?

no, not trying to rationalize the lie at all!!! i think it was pretty scummy, to say the least!!! and THE PERSON lying should be called out for it, but i don't think ''the left'' or ''liberals'' or ''democrats'' had anything to do with this particul;ar person's lie....that's all...

and i was just calling you on it! :D

jd

manu1959
10-16-2007, 09:57 PM
so this one guy that i have never heard of with an audience of NIL, constitutes ''the left''?

If that's the case then anne coulter or ted haggard or a pastor having homo sex with his parishioners in some church in the hills of NC, or the corrupt representative duke cunningham and possibly senator ted stevens should be used as the example of ''the right'' in its entirety?

no, not trying to rationalize the lie at all!!! i think it was pretty scummy, to say the least!!! and THE PERSON lying should be called out for it, but i don't think ''the left'' or ''liberals'' or ''democrats'' had anything to do with this particul;ar person's lie....that's all...

jd

are you saying ari america has no constituants?...no audience? and he is not on the left?

again justifying bad behaviour with bad behaviour.....

what are you calling me on....did a person on the left not lie?

Immanuel
10-16-2007, 09:59 PM
so this one guy that i have never heard of with an audience of NIL, constitutes ''the left''?

jd

It would seem appropriate for liberals to call him on it. It would not do any good for a conservative to call him on it. The conservative would just be attacking him.

And before you condemn me for not calling Limbaugh on his antics, know this, I neither listen to him, or Hannity or Savage so I wouldn't be able to call them on it anyway. Besides, all three are lost causes anyway. ;) They don't care what we have to say. All they care about is that we support their advertisers and those advertisors support them.

Immie

JohnDoe
10-16-2007, 10:16 PM
It would seem appropriate for liberals to call him on it. It would not do any good for a conservative to call him on it. The conservative would just be attacking him.

And before you condemn me for not calling Limbaugh on his antics, know this, I neither listen to him, or Hannity or Savage so I wouldn't be able to call them on it anyway. Besides, all three are lost causes anyway. ;) They don't care what we have to say. All they care about is that we support their advertisers and those advertisors support them.

Immieso????

how many people n ''the left'' even listen to air america, or have it available to listen to it, and many people on the left EVEN KNOE WHO this guy is that supposedly said this lie, and you are calling on WHO from the left to call him out on it?

i don't get it, but i will surely remember to point out a single, unknown person on the right that has lied and label/brandish ''the right'' for this unknown person's actions in the future! :poke:

stephanie
10-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Hmmm...aren't we accused all the time that Rush and Ann Coulter speak for us...

Now the tables are turned....and..:laugh2:

I was following this all morning...You should see some of the postings at Kos and Du...

Even when it was pointed out it wasn't true...they went on about, well it COULD of been true...Nutty

JohnDoe
10-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Hmmm...aren't we accused all the time that Rush and Ann Coulter speak for us...

Now the tables are turned....and..:laugh2:

I was following this all morning...You should see some of the postings at Kos and Du...

Even when it was pointed out it wasn't true...they went on about, well it COULD of been true...Nutty

Yes, you were accused by typo I think? on a thread about Anne Coulter and the right came back and argued that she was not them, and shoul not be blamed for what Coulter, says cuz she is basically just trying to earn a living...

I am just pointing out that the left was called on this by you all, including Manu, if memory serves, (but I could be wrong on that), yet a thread from someone on the right doing the same thing only with someone that doesn't have a smidgeon of the same audience and listenership through their books and appearances on national tv, or sindicated print as Coulter, and blaming "the left" for the actions of this person is calling the kettle black...

I was teasing on blaming the entire right for something a single person does...I was just saying what is good for the goose, should be good for the gander too...at least some people would see it that way.

I personally do not subscribe to such fodder, and think it is wrong for either side to do, though sometimes even find myself caught up in it.... :(

jd

Kathianne
10-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Yes, you were acused by typo I think? on a thread about Anne Coulter and the right came back and argued that she was not them, and shoul not be blamed for what Coulter, says cuz she is basically just trying to earn a living...

I am just pointing out that the left was called on this by you all, including Manu, if memory serves, (but I could be wrong on that), yet a thread from someone on the right doing the same thing only with someone that doesn't have a smidgeon of the same audience and listenership through their books and appearances on national tv, or sindicated print as Coulter, and blaming "the left" for the actions of this person is calling the kettle black...

I was teasing on blaming the entire right for something a single person does...I was just saying what is good for the goose, should be good for the gander too...at least some people would see it that way.

I personally do not subscribe to such fodder, and think it is wrong for either side to do, though sometimes even find myself caught up in it.... :(

jd

I'm sorry, but what was it you were saying? I got lost about 3 paragraphs back...

stephanie
10-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Yes, you were accused by typo I think? on a thread about Anne Coulter and the right came back and argued that she was not them, and should not be blamed for what Coulter, says cuz she is basically just trying to earn a living...

I am just pointing out that the left was called on this by you all, including Manu, if memory serves, (but I could be wrong on that), yet a thread from someone on the right doing the same thing only with someone that doesn't have a smidgen of the same audience and listenership through their books and appearances on national tv, or syndicated print as Coulter, and blaming "the left" for the actions of this person is calling the kettle black...

jd

The difference here is...the host filling in for Rhodes is the one who accused a conservative right winger of probably attacking her on air...which wasn't true at all....she tripped and fell and busted out a couple of teeth...

I don't think you're going to see people just sit back and not say anything about it...

Rush and Ann all spoke on subjects for themselves...
just my take....:cheers2:

JohnDoe
10-16-2007, 11:10 PM

Air America radio host Randi Rhodes is temporarily off the air, but THE claims THAT she was brutally attacked near her Manhattan apartment are bogus, her lawyer and a police source said today.

so Randi Rhodes says that what this fellow host is saying about her is a lie, or is bogus.

WOW! that was MIGHTY HONEST of her, a well known person on the left, no? LOL

:poke:

of course the antagonist, the writer of the article, did leave out two key words in my opinion that would have given the proper emphasis on WHAT WAS important to note, and made it appear at first read that Rhandi Rhodes herself made the false claims, instead of being the one that actually called out the false claims.... and SAID they were BOGUS.

jd

diuretic
10-16-2007, 11:52 PM
This is absolutely dreadful!

Damn!

It could push Britney off the front page (for two days) :lol:

stephanie
10-17-2007, 12:26 AM
This is absolutely dreadful!

Damn!

It could push Britney off the front page (for two days) :lol:

Oh you..............:laugh2:

I just found it funny watching it all play out...

diuretic
10-17-2007, 02:55 AM
It's being discussed at DU - someone pointed out that she may have had a form of amnesia from falling and suffering her injuries. And a few are saying the bloke to sprayed the theory out there is an idiot. And they're probably right :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
10-17-2007, 06:44 AM

???....where have you been....they are, every day......

PostmodernProphet
10-17-2007, 06:46 AM
so Randi Rhodes says that what this fellow host is saying about her is a lie, or is bogus.
WOW! that was MIGHTY HONEST of her, a well known person on the left, no? LOL

now don't jump to conclusions.....the article states it was her lawyer and a police source that came clean about it.....she wasn't mentioned.....

Immanuel
10-17-2007, 07:45 AM
so????

how many people n ''the left'' even listen to air america, or have it available to listen to it, and many people on the left EVEN KNOE WHO this guy is that supposedly said this lie, and you are calling on WHO from the left to call him out on it?

i don't get it, but i will surely remember to point out a single, unknown person on the right that has lied and label/brandish ''the right'' for this unknown person's actions in the future! :poke:

My point was that we should be policing our own. I realize that this is never done. We all tend to point fingers at the other guy and slap our side on the back in congratulations. Both sides more or less egg their own side on.

As to how many people on the left listen to Air America, I don't know. I thought they folded a year ago. I have heard Randi Rhodes and I can say that she rivals Michael Savage in the realm of hatred for opponents.

Immie

retiredman
10-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Was it OK to say that when Haggarty was exposed?

how about:

The right caught trolling for anonymous buttsex in the airport restroom

or:

the right caught hot chatting with male pages while house votes were held open

or:

the right caught taking bribes from defense contractors

your attempting to hang this incident on "the left" is pretty funny... in a pathetic sort of way.

JohnDoe
10-17-2007, 09:02 AM
now don't jump to conclusions.....the article states it was her lawyer and a police source that came clean about it.....she wasn't mentioned.....good morning pmp,

the Lawyer in this case works for Randi Rhodes, her lawyer IS her representation, to imply that her own lawyer does not represent her is silly, don't you think? Well, I think it is a far stretch trying to disassociate her own Lawyer's comments on this... with her, the lawyer's client.

Me thinks this is a big to do, about nothing....

except that Randi Rhodes herself, called the "talk" bogus....sure she did not show up on tv herself saying it because she lost several front teeth in the accident, but her lawyer represented and represents her and her sentiments.

jd

JohnDoe
10-17-2007, 09:08 AM
???....where have you been....they are, every day......
Oh, you are right on this, but if your side is going to "call" them on it, as your side has vehemently done on this board when it happens, then i think your side should act, as they preach....but hells bells, this is politics and it is so scummy on both sides...

I know I have expected too much from either side of the aisle!

:salute:

jd

Sir Evil
10-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Oh, you are right on this, but if your side is going to "call" them on it, as your side has vehemently done on this board when it happens, then i think your side should act, as they preach....but hells bells, this is politics and it is so scummy on both sides...

jd

Look at the upside Doe, your side is clearly in the lead when it come to such issues.

JohnDoe
10-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Look at the upside Doe, your side is clearly in the lead when it come to such issues.
good morning SirEvil
That is a matter of opinion and debatable!

jd

GW in Ohio
10-17-2007, 09:40 AM

Jesus, is this all you right wingnuts have to bitch about?

Pretty slim pickings...

So she wasn't mugged...she fell down. So some of her liberal colleagues jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Who cares?

Let's talk about Larry Craig. I saw him on TV the other night, talking about how he was a hetero guy who was being falsely accused. His wife was sitting next to him, looking at him like he was the reincarnation of Ronald Reagan.

Now that's good stuff. You couldn't make up stuff like that.

:dance::salute::dance:

Sir Evil
10-17-2007, 09:40 AM
good morning SirEvil
That is a matter of opinion and debatable!

jd

Apparently, after all is'nt that the reason you posted in this thread to begin with?

GW in Ohio
10-17-2007, 09:41 AM
By the way, the lefty who speculated that Randi Rhodes was assaulted by the "right-wing hate machine" is a complete idiot.

KarlMarx
10-17-2007, 10:58 AM
The Left lied?!?!?!? Wow, now that's news!

What next? Man walks on the moon? Discovery of the New World? The cure for Polio? Al Gore invents the Internet? Bill Clinton boinked an intern? Hillary Clinton got caught with funny money? The NOW is a bunch of dykes?

JohnDoe
10-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Apparently, after all is'nt that the reason you posted in this thread to begin with?ahhhhhhhhhhh, but what was your reason for posting in this thread if that was mine?

:cheers2:

PostmodernProphet
10-17-2007, 11:57 AM

jd

lol, there will be time enough for that over the next four years.....in the meantime, we need a little bit of pay-back, don'tcha think?....

JohnDoe
10-17-2007, 12:36 PM
lol, there will be time enough for that over the next four years.....in the meantime, we need a little bit of pay-back, don'tcha think?....hahahaha! (if you were a chick, i'd say, ''You go for it girl!!!'')

us females, know quite well, about the necessity of ''payback''!!! j/k

:cheers2:

jd

SpidermanTUba
10-17-2007, 07:05 PM
If Randi Rhodes is to be considered a typical leftie then its fair to say Ann Coulter is a typical right winger.

No one listens to Randi Rhodes.

PostmodernProphet
10-17-2007, 08:38 PM
actually, I have seen her quoted frequently.....

SpidermanTUba
10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
actually, I have seen her quoted frequently.....

OK. Examples?

PostmodernProphet
10-17-2007, 08:42 PM
I would have to take you to other boards....do you like to travel?

SpidermanTUba
10-17-2007, 09:00 PM
I would have to take you to other boards....do you like to travel?

If its so frequent how come it never happens here?

PostmodernProphet
10-18-2007, 06:30 AM
I excpect anyone stupid enough to quote Rhodes frequently would have been banned long ago....I also visit boards where the majority are liberals.....there you probably wouldn't survive if you quoted Limbaugh......