PDA

View Full Version : Three Stories Proving Nature is Pissed at Man

Sitarro
02-06-2007, 05:49 PM
The first is a story about a suicide martyr owl that gave up his life to cause harm to as many humans as possible...kind of a WMD.

CASPER, Wyo. - An owl electrocuted itself in an electrical substation, briefly knocking out power to almost 23,000 customers in south Casper.

Margaret Oler, spokeswoman for Rocky Mountain Power, said the bird tripped the high-voltage line at 10:20 p.m. Sunday, shutting down that and three other substations. She called it the largest outage she's seen in 25 years.

"Our equipment operated exactly as it should have and did not allow the damage to go further," Oler said.

It took about an hour to restore power.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070206/ap_on_fe_st/owl_outage;_ylt=Aij0zNzC8cYGfVc4F868jYIZ.3QA;_ylu= X3oDMTA3NW1oMDRpBHNlYwM3NTc-

The next shows how eagles have attacked a human that was in their airspace....they are tired of sharing the sky with global warming causing humans......let all who fly be warned.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070202/od_nm/australia_eagles_dc

CANBERRA, Feb 2 (Reuters Life!) - Britain's top female paraglider has cheated death after being attacked by a pair of "screeching" wild eagles while competition flying in Australia.

Nicky Moss, 38, watched terrified as two huge birds began tearing into her parachute canopy, one becoming tangled in her lines and clawing at her head 2,500 meters (8,200ft) in the air.

"I heard screeching behind me and a eagle flew down and attacked me, swooping down and bouncing into the side of my wing with its claws," Moss told Reuters on Friday.

"Then another one appeared and together they launched a sustained attack on my glider, tearing at the wing."

The encounter happened on Monday while Moss -- a member of the British paragliding team -- was preparing for world titles this month at Manilla in northern New South Wales state.

One of the giant wedge-tailed eagles became wrapped in the canopy lines and slid down toward Moss, lashing at her face with its talons as her paraglider plummeted toward the ground.

"It swooped in and hit me on the back of the head, then got tangled in the glider which collapsed it. So I had a very, very large bird wrapped up screeching beside me as I screamed back," Moss said.

The last shows how sharks have taken it upon themselves to put an end to the wasteful overfishing of the oceans by greedy humans.

http://www.local6.com/news/10942485/detail.html

FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. -- A crew aboard a shrimping boat were rescued after a group of bull sharks rammed and bit the vessel until it eventually sank off the Florida coast, according to an Associated Press report.
Captain Roger Schmall said a group of sharks had been slamming into the Christy Nichole's hull for four days. But then a 14-foot bull shark broke the boat's tail shaft, leaving Schmall and his crew of two adrift about 100 miles off the coast.
Schmall radioed for help, and another vessel picked the crew up about two hours later.

Schmall remained aboard his ship to pump water out while the other boat pulled it back to land. He said it was working for a couple of hours, but the waves eventually took their toll on Schmall's boat and the boat sank.

We better start paying attention and being a lot more careful, Katrina was only the beginning of nature striking back at humans for the destruction of the planet they are causing!:terror: