PDA

View Full Version : ‘We shouldn’t have to pay’: Kobach on Biden loan forgiveness

Gunny
04-09-2024, 11:03 AM
This is horsefeathers. Didn't he pull this same, ultimately failed stunt last election?
‘We shouldn’t have to pay’: Kobach on Biden loan forgiveness (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/we-shouldn-t-have-to-pay-kobach-on-biden-loan-forgiveness/ar-BB1livB3?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=44985d61794b4836a29a246abe364e60&ei=41)

SassyLady
04-09-2024, 08:34 PM
Instead of asking taxpayers to pay off the student debt get the Universities, loan companies (banks) and the students themselves to take on the load equally. I personally think having tenured teachers is why education is so expensive these days.

Kathianne
04-09-2024, 09:02 PM
Instead of asking taxpayers to pay off the student debt get the Universities, loan companies (banks) and the students themselves to take on the load equally. I personally think having tenured teachers is why education is so expensive these days.

I'm not in favor of tenure, but it's nit the cost factor.

That would be administration and staff, like DEI crap.

Gunny
04-10-2024, 11:39 AM
Just a thought: The people who willingly incurred the debt pay it off like the rest of us? I don't get any of this BS from any angle. The borrowers with buyer's remorse. The politicians that think it's okay to slam the taxpayers with someone else's debt.

What's going to happen when responsible people figure out there's no point in being hardworking, honest and paying one's debts? Who pays THEN? Not a hard guess what government is going to do when it runs out of voluntary taxpayers.

fj1200
04-10-2024, 12:34 PM
Just a thought: The people who willingly incurred the debt pay it off like the rest of us? I don't get any of this BS from any angle. The borrowers with buyer's remorse. The politicians that think it's okay to slam the taxpayers with someone else's debt.

What's going to happen when responsible people figure out there's no point in being hardworking, honest and paying one's debts? Who pays THEN? Not a hard guess what government is going to do when it runs out of voluntary taxpayers.

Because populism.