PDA

View Full Version : Bank Failures To Come?

Kathianne
04-30-2024, 11:08 AM
No wonder WH is panicking:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/republic-first-seizure-signals-more-bank-failures-to-come-expert-says

MARKETS Published April 30, 2024 6:00am EDT
Republic First seizure signals more bank failures to come, expert warns
Fears of contagion reignited by first US bank failure of 2024

By Breck Dumas FOXBusiness

Feds' rate cut promise caused banks to drastically mismark books: McDonald
The Bear Traps Report founder Larry McDonald says the New York Community Bank collapse speaks to a greater economic problem on "Making Money."

Republic First Bank, a regional lender based out of Philadelphia, became the first bank failure of 2024 on Friday when it was shut down by Pennsylvania's bank regulator and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) seized control of the operation.

The FDIC quickly made a deal for Fulton Bank to buy Republic First's assets, but one expert on financial regulatory reform and bank failures says the collapse could be a harbinger of things to come.

FDIC Banking Regulation
"This bank failure indicates that additional failures will occur and will range between smaller community banks and larger banks," said Joseph Lynyak, a banking attorney at Dorsey & Whitney, regarding the seizure of Republic First by U.S. regulators.

Ticker Security Last Change Change %
FULT FULTON FINANCIAL CORP. 16.80 +1.18 +7.55%
Fulton Financial Corp.

"The cause is twofold: higher-cost deposits exceeding the yield on low-yield treasury securities and similar investments held by banks, and the deteriorating commercial real estate market and commercial real estate loans," said Lynyak, who specializes in bank receiverships and failures.

COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE FORECLOSURES JUMPED 117% IN MARCH AS TROUBLE LOOMS

Regional banks have been struggling to retain deposits as customers seek the safety of larger "too-big-to-fail" rivals, and higher interest rates have diminished the value of their loan books due to increased unrealized losses and lower commercial real estate values.

Customers line up outside SVB
A worker tells people that Silicon Valley Bank's headquarters in Santa Clara, California, is closed on March 10, 2023. The bank was shut down by California regulators and put in control of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (Justin Sullivan / Getty Images)

Investors have worried about a possible contagion in the sector since three prominent lenders – Silicon Valley Bank, First Republic and Signature Bank – collapsed in early 2023.

Prior to the takeover of Republic First, the last U.S. bank to fail was Iowa-based Citizens Bank in November 2023.

Gunny
04-30-2024, 02:06 PM
No wonder WH is panicking:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/republic-first-seizure-signals-more-bank-failures-to-come-expert-saysWe're going to end up with a central bank. The government will buy the failing ones out with money it doesn't have.

Lucky us:rolleyes:

fj1200
05-01-2024, 08:25 AM
This too shall pass IMO.

Gunny
05-01-2024, 12:09 PM
This too shall pass IMO.I used to think that. Until things quit "passing" and just compounded upon themselves into the "new norms". I'm having a hard time anymore recognizing this country and the people in it.

fj1200
05-02-2024, 07:55 AM
I used to think that. Until things quit "passing" and just compounded upon themselves into the "new norms". I'm having a hard time anymore recognizing this country and the people in it.

Banks have been getting bailed out for decades. The problem is moral hazard and regulatory failure like Silicon Valley Bank last year and not failures themselves. Hopefully a lesson was learned with SVB.

SassyLady
05-02-2024, 01:50 PM
How many times has the Federal Reserve (Central Bank) been created and disbanded? Maybe it's time for an overhaul.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve

fj1200
05-02-2024, 02:41 PM
How many times has the Federal Reserve (Central Bank) been created and disbanded? Maybe it's time for an overhaul.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve

Federal Reserve? Created once. Bank(s) of the US? Different animals.

SassyLady
05-02-2024, 09:34 PM
Federal Reserve? Created once. Bank(s) of the US? Different animals.

Same thing different name.

fj1200
05-03-2024, 08:15 AM

Not really. Unless that's what you want to believe.

Kathianne
05-03-2024, 10:34 AM

Part of system, not the same thing. Different functions.

SassyLady
05-03-2024, 10:36 AM
Interesting info on Global Currency

https://rumble.com/v4sxoo0-michael-jaco-update-today-michael-jaco-important-update-may-2-2024.html

fj1200
05-03-2024, 05:04 PM

https://rumble.com/v4sxoo0-michael-jaco-update-today-michael-jaco-important-update-may-2-2024.html

What's his track record?

SassyLady
05-04-2024, 06:18 PM
What's his track record?
Better than Biden's

fj1200
05-04-2024, 07:50 PM
Better than Biden's

That's not saying much.

SassyLady
05-04-2024, 08:13 PM
That's not saying much.

What would convince you? Other than just shooting down everything that's mentioned here why don't you post some of your proof?

fj1200
05-04-2024, 08:57 PM
What would convince you? Other than just shooting down everything that's mentioned here why don't you post some of your proof?

A track record would certainly help. Like in the past he said X and X happened... and then he said Y and Y happened... and then he said Z and Z happened... And so on and so forth. I shoot down things that are mentioned when they have no basis in reality. I recall you posted that the currency was going to collapse... the currency didn't collapse. There was a hullabaloo about Gamestop... Gamestop was not a little guy uprising. Somebody posted we were going to have a digital currency because of EO51650651651651???? on some date certain last year... we don't have a digital currency as of that date.

It's all another reason I don't watch videos because people generally have zero clue. Things I see posted around here sometimes do not disabuse me of that notion.

Gunny
05-05-2024, 01:24 PM
A track record would certainly help. Like in the past he said X and X happened... and then he said Y and Y happened... and then he said Z and Z happened... And so on and so forth. I shoot down things that are mentioned when they have no basis in reality. I recall you posted that the currency was going to collapse... the currency didn't collapse. There was a hullabaloo about Gamestop... Gamestop was not a little guy uprising. Somebody posted we were going to have a digital currency because of EO51650651651651???? on some date certain last year... we don't have a digital currency as of that date.

It's all another reason I don't watch videos because people generally have zero clue. Things I see posted around here sometimes do not disabuse me of that notion.

You're just watching the wrong videos :laugh:

SassyLady
05-05-2024, 05:05 PM

Banks are collapsing.

Silver is going up (used quite a bit in weaponry for wars).

Other counties are converting to their own currency and backing it with gold.

Is this all false?

And ... the podcast guy is retired Navy Seal Michael Jaco. He interviewed an expert in metals commodities. Not some random guy of the street. I like listening to people who aren't paid by MSM.

fj1200
05-05-2024, 06:45 PM
Banks are collapsing.

Silver is going up (used quite a bit in weaponry for wars).

Other counties are converting to their own currency and backing it with gold.

Is this all false?

And ... the podcast guy is retired Navy Seal Michael Jaco. He interviewed an expert in metals commodities. Not some random guy of the street. I like listening to people who aren't paid by MSM.

None of that is a track record.

Banks aren't really collapsing. Some might though, it happens.

Silver isn't really going up.

https://www.kitco.com/chart-images/LFgif/AG1825nyb.gif

Breaks through 30 and you might have something.

His thumbnail is as follows:

"MICHAEL JACO UPDATE TODAY
Massive Number Of Bank Failures Soon As Complete
Communistic ControlBy Digital Currency Looms
05/02/2024"

None of that is going to happen. I like listening to people who have an understanding of global markets and not experts who are "experts" because they'll help you "invest" in precious metals. Seriously as soon as they mentioned Zimbabwe in the first 30 seconds you should have stopped watching. I'd love to see a list of serious countries that are backing their currencies in gold; I'm pretty sure that list is zero but I'm open to being wrong.

SassyLady
05-05-2024, 08:37 PM
None of that is a track record.

Banks aren't really collapsing. Some might though, it happens.

Silver isn't really going up.

https://www.kitco.com/chart-images/LFgif/AG1825nyb.gif

Breaks through 30 and you might have something.

05/02/2024"

None of that is going to happen. I like listening to people who have an understanding of global markets and not experts who are "experts" because they'll help you "invest" in precious metals. Seriously as soon as they mentioned Zimbabwe in the first 30 seconds you should have stopped watching. I'd love to see a list of serious countries that are backing their currencies in gold; I'm pretty sure that list is zero but I'm open to being wrong.

You you don't deny it ... just not happenung at the levels you consider factual. For it.

fj1200
05-06-2024, 07:28 AM
You you don't deny it ... just not happenung at the levels you consider factual. For it.

The temperature outside being warmer than it was 4 months ago has the same relation to what they're selling you on today. Zero.

It's like when I accidentally see a headline where someone quoted Robert Kiyosaki and one of his doomsday predictions and I think to myself... has he ever been right?

fj1200
05-12-2024, 12:51 PM

05/02/2024"

Did he happen to give a timeline?

One of the comments...

Here is how to solve the National debt and help the taxpayer......An actual real president with steel balls and the United States Treasury could resolve that issue by printing a four quadrillion note and then handing that to the usurious money-changing Jew banksters. Likewise with the fake "national debt": print one forty trillion dollar note and tell them to keep the change.🖕🏻Putin actually told them to stick their debt up their ass and ousted all the central bankers from his nation. That's why he's now the enemy. I myself would confiscate every damn dollar that they pilfered from our taxpayers from their hidden coffers and round'em up and execute them all.

SassyLady
05-13-2024, 12:21 AM
Did he happen to give a timeline?

One of the comments...

Sounds like anyone on the intent has crazies making comments. I don't let what you say here affect how I feel about Jim.

fj1200
05-13-2024, 08:06 AM
Sounds like anyone on the intent has crazies making comments. I don't let what you say here affect how I feel about Jim.

It was one of three comments and had 2 likes. Are you sure he isn't one of the crazies? His other videos don't seem to live in reality either.

SassyLady
05-15-2024, 12:25 AM
It was one of three comments and had 2 likes. Are you sure he isn't one of the crazies? His other videos don't seem to live in reality either.
I'm sure.

fj1200
05-15-2024, 09:01 AM
I'm sure.

You also think he's a source of great information?

SassyLady
05-15-2024, 06:32 PM
You also think he's a source of great information?

About as trustworthy as any other source these days.

fj1200
05-15-2024, 06:34 PM
About as trustworthy as any other source these days.

Which goes back to my original question of track record. Based on his thumbnails of past videos I'm guessing it's not very high.

SassyLady
05-15-2024, 06:35 PM
Which goes back to my original question of track record. Based on his thumbnails of past videos I'm guessing it's not very high.

Are you talking about Jaco or his guest?

Black Diamond
05-15-2024, 06:36 PM

Best bass player ever. :cool:

SassyLady
05-15-2024, 06:38 PM
I'm predicting Black Swan event will happen before the election.

Black Diamond
05-15-2024, 06:38 PM
Banks seem to fail out of nowhere.

fj1200
05-15-2024, 06:41 PM

Jaco. I already have a low opinion of precious metals dealers.

SassyLady
05-15-2024, 06:51 PM
Jaco. I already have a low opinion of precious metals dealers.

You wouldn't like Jaco. He is totally anti government. Distrust comes from what he was made to do as a Seal.

fj1200
05-15-2024, 06:53 PM
You wouldn't like Jaco. He is totally anti government. Distrust comes from what he was made to do as a Seal.

The question is not if I like him and his position on government.

SassyLady
05-19-2024, 12:29 AM
Silver closed at 31.775 (+6.36%)

fj1200
05-19-2024, 06:34 PM
:eek: