PDA

View Full Version : They can't even do THIS right! Gummint Sucks.

Roopull
02-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Further proving that just about anything the government does will eventually be screwed...

Don't believe me? Think I made this up? Click HERE & see how right you are! (http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0206Plates06-ON.html)

New license plates don't measure up

Associated Press
Feb. 6, 2007 07:38 AM
DETROIT - There's something a little screwy with some of the state's new license plates.

Michigan's white-on-blue license plates are being replaced with blue-on-white plates meant to be easier to make and easier to see at night.

But a faulty die, used to cut the plates and stamp the holes, has made it so two of the holes on some of the new plates don't line up with the mounting holes in vehicles. Officials at the Parr Highway Correctional Facility in Adrian, where Michigan's plates are made, have since corrected the mistake.

Ken Silfven, a spokesman for the Michigan Secretary of State's office, said it's difficult to pinpoint how many plates were affected, but there's no need for customers to panic.

"The bottom line is the plates are still usable," Silfven said. "You can use two holes to affix the plate to the vehicle."

trobinett
02-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Now really, ya got to love these people.

I mean, how fucked up can you be before someone calls your sorry ass out?

I can see it now, bring a drill so you can install your license plate.

I'm sure that would "fly".

Roopull
02-07-2007, 03:50 AM
Here in Jawja, you can get a ticket for not having all the screws in place on your tag!