PDA

View Full Version : Bush tries to sell war with Iran

GW in Ohio
10-17-2007, 11:37 AM
US President George W. Bush said Wednesday that he had warned world leaders they must prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons "if you're interested in avoiding World War III."

"We've got a leader in Iran who has announced that he wants to destroy Israel," Bush said at a White House press conference after Russia cautioned against military action against Tehran's supect atomic program.

"So I've told people that, if you're interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them from having the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon," said Bush.

Looks like President Dipshit is trying to make one last splash before he leaves office and sinks back into the primordial ooze from whence he emerged.

Fortunately, there's a big difference between now and 2003. People have wised up to Bush and nobody is buying this load of horsecrap.

darin
10-17-2007, 11:42 AM
You disagree it's important to prevent Iran from having nuclear weapons?

hjmick
10-17-2007, 11:45 AM

Perhaps GW disagrees that President Ahmadinejad has declared his intent to destroy Israel.

darin
10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
...or perhaps GW agrees with Pres. Imadinnerjacket™?

™ used by permission. :)

mrg666
10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Perhaps GW disagrees that President Ahmadinejad has declared his intent to destroy Israel.
:lame2:
israel first
then who

GW in Ohio
10-17-2007, 11:57 AM
1. Israel can take care of itself. It has shown that since 1947. Iran knows if they attempt a nuclear strike on Israel that Israel's retaliation plan will reduce Iran to rubble.

2. Is Iran going to attack us with nukes? President Amadinejiggy may be an asshole, but he's not stupid. Once again, the retaliation would reduce Iran to rubble.

No, I'm not buying Bush's horsecrap. A war with Iran would be an even bigger disaster than Bush's invasion of Iraq.

If we don't have the personnel to deal with the aftermath of our invasion of Iraq, what makes you think we can handle an invasion of Iran?

darin
10-17-2007, 12:00 PM
You sure love to assume-away problems, GW. :)

typomaniac
10-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Considering that Israel is already a nuclear power, I'm surprised the chickenhawks don't realize that Iran's just making empty threats.

hjmick
10-17-2007, 12:15 PM
I find it difficult to consider any threat made by a religious fanatic empty. Especially when that religious fanatic controls one of the largest military forces in a particular region and is working hard for nuclear capabilities.

I see no need for any sort of pre-emptive action on our part, but the issue should not be ignored by any stretch of the imagination.

GW in Ohio
10-17-2007, 12:37 PM
I find it difficult to consider any threat made by a religious fanatic empty. Especially when that religious fanatic controls one of the largest military forces in a particular region and is working hard for nuclear capabilities.

I see no need for any sort of pre-emptive action on our part, but the issue should not be ignored by any stretch of the imagination.

A reasoned and intelligent post, hjmick.

Yes, Iran is a force to be reckoned with, and also a potential threat to the region.

But an American war with Iran?

What a bad idea.

(Of course, to put things in perspective, war with Iraq was a bad idea but that didn't stop our Idiot in Chief.)

mrg666
10-17-2007, 12:41 PM
they could however attack allied forces in iran
and
do we really want any one to strike a nuclear attack no
so we nip it in the bud

10-17-2007, 12:50 PM

Or perhaps he disagrees that President Ahmadinejad has promised to bring about the Apocalypse

1. Israel can take care of itself. It has shown that since 1947. Iran knows if they attempt a nuclear strike on Israel that Israel's retaliation plan will reduce Iran to rubble.

2. Is Iran going to attack us with nukes? President Amadinejiggy may be an asshole, but he's not stupid. Once again, the retaliation would reduce Iran to rubble.

No, I'm not buying Bush's horsecrap. A war with Iran would be an even bigger disaster than Bush's invasion of Iraq.

If we don't have the personnel to deal with the aftermath of our invasion of Iraq, what makes you think we can handle an invasion of Iran?

No. He isnt stupid. He is just a religion zealot who plans to bring about the Apocalypse and probably doesnt have a problem sacrificing himself to do it.

It doesnt matter if Retaliation would destroy Iran it will cause political chaos.

But we already have Democrats playing into his hands by attacking Turkey.

Yes, Iran is a force to be reckoned with, and also a potential threat to the region.

What a bad idea.

(Of course, to put things in perspective, war with Iraq was a bad idea but that didn't stop our Idiot in Chief.)

I didnt see President Bush suggest a war with Iran. However, war might in the end be unavoidable. and yes its a bad idea.

In the end we may have to choose between a bad idea and utter extinction. Something we might be able to avoid if we had a united front.

REDWHITEBLUE2
10-17-2007, 03:16 PM
1. Israel can take care of itself. It has shown that since 1947. Iran knows if they attempt a nuclear strike on Israel that Israel's retaliation plan will reduce Iran to rubble. IF theres anything left of Israel

2. Is Iran going to attack us with nukes? President Amadinejiggy may be an asshole, but he's not stupid. Once again, the retaliation would reduce Iran to rubble. and those Muslim pigs would love it if we nuked them they could get their 72 gay virgin boys quicker

No, I'm not buying Bush's horsecrap. A war with Iran would be an even bigger disaster than Bush's invasion of Iraq. Well i'm not buying your bullshit either

If we don't have the personnel to deal with the aftermath of our invasion of Iraq, what makes you think we can handle an invasion of Iran? it's called an air strike get in bomb your targets and get the fuck out:fu:

actsnoblemartin
10-17-2007, 03:19 PM
iran is not an empty threat, eventually they will able to hit us with nukes, is that what you want?

And we can take out iran, without invading it.

10-17-2007, 04:20 PM
iran is not an empty threat, eventually they will able to hit us with nukes, is that what you want?

And we can take out iran, without invading it.

heck we can incapacitate Iran with an air strike on an oil refinery.

Gaffer
10-17-2007, 04:25 PM
The nut job of iran has stated publicly that the loss of most of iran and the middle east means nothing as long as it achieves his goal of bringing back the 12th imam.

iran is working on ICBM's. They are hurrying to get nuclear war heads. They already have missiles that can reach a thousand miles. They are supporting every terror group in the region and trying to take over Lebanon with their hezbollah proxies.

Real hardcore sanctions and embargos would do the trick but too many countries like russia won't let that happen. So the only option is going to be a war. Whether it's Bush's doing or the next president. It's going to happen. If we don't strike preemptively they will.

Guernicaa
10-17-2007, 05:27 PM
The nut job of iran has stated publicly that the loss of most of iran and the middle east means nothing as long as it achieves his goal of bringing back the 12th imam.

iran is working on ICBM's. They are hurrying to get nuclear war heads. They already have missiles that can reach a thousand miles. They are supporting every terror group in the region and trying to take over Lebanon with their hezbollah proxies.

Real hardcore sanctions and embargos would do the trick but too many countries like russia won't let that happen. So the only option is going to be a war. Whether it's Bush's doing or the next president. It's going to happen. If we don't strike preemptively they will.
A war your stupid ass wont be fighting in I assume?

Young men are dying because old men send them off to wage pointless wars.

Sir Evil
10-17-2007, 05:30 PM

Umm, he is a retired war veteran dumbass.

typomaniac
10-17-2007, 05:30 PM

You mean, poor young men are dying because rich old men send them off to wage pointless wars.

jimnyc
10-17-2007, 05:32 PM

What a clueless child you are, but we've come to expect nothing more.

Guernicaa
10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Umm, he is a retired war veteran dumbass.
Oh really? Then he should have no problem coming back. He'll be good at it.

Guernicaa
10-17-2007, 05:34 PM
What a clueless child you are, but we've come to expect nothing more.
Thats right. A clueless child thats gonna smack stupid people when they say stupid shit.

jimnyc
10-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Thats right. A clueless child thats gonna smack stupid people when they say stupid shit.

And yet you did nothing to address the topic at all. That's what children do, all name calling and no substance.

Curiously, are you even over 18? If so, why still in HS? If not, doesn't that mean you can't even vote yet?

Sir Evil
10-17-2007, 05:36 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Go pop a pimple kid.

stephanie
10-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Well...I personally think we should just sit here and HOPE and PRAY that Iran doesn't mean any of the rhetoric it has been spewing....

And if we have another 9/11 type attack, we should just hunt down those who did it...............and ARREST THEM...

:cheers2:

Guernicaa
10-17-2007, 05:58 PM
And yet you did nothing to address the topic at all. That's what children do, all name calling and no substance.

Curiously, are you even over 18? If so, why still in HS? If not, doesn't that mean you can't even vote yet?
I love it when you and try and degrade my intelligence by calling me a "child". Whenever I say something remotely funny or mean everyone prounces on me with the "your still a child" shit and it usually makes me laugh.

I turned 18 in September. High school seniors come in when they're 17 and usually leave when they're 18.

"And yet (this) did nothing to address the topic at all" Jim.:slap:

Guernicaa
10-17-2007, 05:59 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Go pop a pimple kid.
Actually I use Proactiv. It works really good. My face has been clear for months now.

Sir Evil
10-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Actually I use Proactiv. It works really good. My face has been clear for months now.

:laugh2:

Good job kid! :thumb:

stephanie
10-17-2007, 06:14 PM

somebody knowledge of the world....all wrapped up...right here...:lol:

typomaniac
10-17-2007, 06:24 PM
You're failing to sell the hysteria and fearmongering, so you go back to good ol' ad hominem. I'm sure the Koolaid pitcher is pleased at how well you all have learned your lessons.

stephanie
10-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Interesting word there.........fearmongering...

We have nothing to fear....All the world is holding hands and singing kumbaya...Yipeeee..:cheers2:

bullypulpit
10-17-2007, 06:41 PM

What a bad idea.

Iran has become a force to be reckoned with in the region, but who let that particular djinni out of the bottle?(no pun intended) It was George Bush and his ill-conceived, ill-considered invasion of Iraq. Iraq and Saddam were the counter to Iran's expansionism in the region. Now, however, Iraq has a government (sorta) of Shi'ites installed by the administration which is friendly towards Iran. Since Bush has been beating the drums of war against Iran, for no better reason that was given for the invasion of Iraq, the US occupation of Iraq has, among other things provided the Bush administration with a ready excuse for military action against Iran. And with Vladimir Putin siding with Iran (<a href=http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/777807.html>Using force against Iran could end in disaster</a>), US military strikes against Iran would be even more ill-considered that they already are. Unless, of course, Dubbyuh is locked into some manichean, apocalyptic, end-time prophecy delusion about heralding the second coming or some such nonsense. Then, all bets are off.

Guernicaa
10-17-2007, 07:03 PM
somebody knowledge (WTF?)of the world....
Stephanie..Would it really hurt you to make sure you typed out a coherent sentence before you click "Submit Reply" ???

stephanie
10-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Stephanie..Would it really hurt you to make sure you typed out a coherent sentence before you click "Submit Reply" ???

You really want to do this here??

Now....don't you have to go find a costume for trick or tricking..:coffee:

Immanuel
10-17-2007, 07:22 PM

But at what cost?

Immie

Immanuel
10-17-2007, 07:30 PM
it's called an air strike get in bomb your targets and get the fuck out

But that does not seem to be Bush's MO. In fact, it sounds like Clinton's MO and I doubt Bush wants to do anything in the same way Clinton did.

Immie

typomaniac
10-17-2007, 07:31 PM
You really want to do this here??

Now....don't you have to go find a costume for trick or tricking..:coffee:

It must be nice not to need one. :laugh2:

stephanie
10-17-2007, 07:43 PM
It must be nice not to need one. :laugh2:

Ooooooooooo..the wit..:cow:

bullypulpit
10-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Shall we stop with the puerile ad hominem attacks and stick to the topic at hand...? Chimpy McPresident and his recycling of the same crap he used to justify the invasion of Iraq?

stephanie
10-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Shall we stop with the puerile ad hominem attacks and stick to the topic at hand...? Chimpy Mc President and his recycling of the same crap he used to justify the invasion of Iraq?

go talk to your buddy.....
he feels the need to stick his nose in where it doesn't belong....:laugh2:

10-17-2007, 08:33 PM

you shouldnt hit yourself so much, youll get brain damage.

10-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Iran has become a force to be reckoned with in the region, but who let that particular djinni out of the bottle?(no pun intended) It was George Bush and his ill-conceived, ill-considered invasion of Iraq. Iraq and Saddam were the counter to Iran's expansionism in the region. Now, however, Iraq has a government (sorta) of Shi'ites installed by the administration which is friendly towards Iran. Since Bush has been beating the drums of war against Iran, for no better reason that was given for the invasion of Iraq, the US occupation of Iraq has, among other things provided the Bush administration with a ready excuse for military action against Iran. And with Vladimir Putin siding with Iran (<a href=http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/777807.html>Using force against Iran could end in disaster</a>), US military strikes against Iran would be even more ill-considered that they already are. Unless, of course, Dubbyuh is locked into some manichean, apocalyptic, end-time prophecy delusion about heralding the second coming or some such nonsense. Then, all bets are off.

Wow you really have tunnel vision. Iran was let out of the bag by Jimmy Carter. Even idiots know how Carter screwed Iran over.

10-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Shall we stop with the puerile ad hominem attacks and stick to the topic at hand...? Chimpy McPresident and his recycling of the same crap he used to justify the invasion of Iraq?

funny, when we were going into Iraq i could have sworn you liberals were yelling about how we should be dealing with Iran and not Iraq. How funny that now we are working on defeating Iran you guys are complaining about that now too.

When are you people going to wake up and realize we have legitimate threats we have to face or else we arent going to be alive to care about anything else? You're complete arrogance that we are invulnerable is going to lead to our downfall.

Gaffer
10-17-2007, 09:53 PM

I have been to war young man. I was a combat veteran when I was 19. What can you say for yourself? I really do wish I was younger so I could go. But a heart attack and quadruple bypass prevents that from happening. They just won't take me now.

Young men are dying because the media keeps telling everybody we are losing and the enemy is encouraged by that. And the likes of you encourage them even more. You wouldn't fight for your country if the enemy came knocking on your door. All you can do is bad mouth people on a message board and harp about things you will never understand because you never got off your ass to go experience anything.

Gaffer
10-17-2007, 10:11 PM

iran has been a force to be reckoned with for a very long time. Thanks to carter. saddam didn't keep anything in check. He was part of the problem. iran would be and was building their nuke plants while he was power. They have been working on them for 20 years. If he was still there they would still be building nuke plants. They would still be supporting all the terror groups in the region and making deals with him.

The only ones locked into apocalyptic end time delusions are the iranian mullahs. Ahmalittlehitler in iran is just leading the way. You are a silly man that can't see the forest for the Bush. Your Bush hatred blinds you to everything else going on in the world.

If the libs in this country could take a lesson from the sunni tribes of iraq and come over to the support the war effort side and show a united front against the islamists, the war would be over in a year. As long as we are divided the islamists will be encouraged and their recruitments will grow. You libs are responsible for the length of the war.

manu1959
10-17-2007, 11:26 PM

time to salp yourself silly.....

stephanie
10-17-2007, 11:30 PM
time to salp yourself silly.....

:2up:

bullypulpit
10-18-2007, 04:27 AM
funny, when we were going into Iraq i could have sworn you liberals were yelling about how we should be dealing with Iran and not Iraq. How funny that now we are working on defeating Iran you guys are complaining about that now too.

When are you people going to wake up and realize we have legitimate threats we have to face or else we arent going to be alive to care about anything else? You're complete arrogance that we are invulnerable is going to lead to our downfall.

And we were right...weren't we. As for dealing with Iran now, Bush seems more bent on war with Iran than seeking a diplomatic path to resolving the issue, just as he did with Iraq, and WE CAN'T AFFORD ANOTHER WAR OF CHOICE.

bullypulpit
10-18-2007, 04:36 AM
Wow you really have tunnel vision. Iran was let out of the bag by Jimmy Carter. Even idiots know how Carter screwed Iran over.

Ah. So now it's Carter's fault. While he didn't do the greatest job as POTUS, he didn't get us into a war of attrition in a country that posed no threat, militarily or economically to the US or her allies.

Iran was on the path towards becoming a <i>moderate</i> Islamic state until Chimpy McPresident started his saber-rattling about the "Axis of Evil"...An Iranian offer <a href=http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?articleId=11539>to negotiate with the US directly on Iran's nuclear program was rejected out of hand by the Bush administration in 2003</a>.

The nation and the world are at the point they are as a direct result of the BUSH ADMINISTRATION'S policies, or lack thereof. Stop putting Bush's inadequacies off on someone else.

10-18-2007, 06:27 AM
And we were right...weren't we. As for dealing with Iran now, Bush seems more bent on war with Iran than seeking a diplomatic path to resolving the issue, just as he did with Iraq, and WE CAN'T AFFORD ANOTHER WAR OF CHOICE.

when have you been right? You wanted us to go to war with Iran instead of Iraq and now that the prospect that war might take place (it already is if you count the fact that Iran has been attacking us in Iraq) you want to yell how its just warmongering.

Can you spell: H Y P O C R I S Y

And youll note the President hasnt said anything about a War with Iran. He is arguing for sanctions. Its you who sets up the straw man to attack the President with. Whats the matter? Cant attack him with the truth that you have to make things up? This is what drives me nuts about you leftists. If your position is so damn strong why do you have to resort to deception and straw men to prove your points?

Iran is a problem. there is no doubt about that. Not even any of the Democrat Presidential candidates has been dumb enough to take war with Iran off the table. They have, after all, been attacking our troops in Iraq for months. They are actively pursuing nuclear weapons and have promised to wipe us and our allies off the face of the earth. They have promised to bring about the apocalypse. You might not take this seriously, but i understand religious zealots. They are willing to sacrifice their own nation to create Chaos and bring the 12th Imam.

War is never fun. Its not going to be pretty. It's not what we want. But unfortunately we dont always get to control when war happens. And we have one of two choices when it does. We do what it takes to win or we hide our heads in the sand, undermine the war effort, and die when evil is not resisted.

No one knows the outcome of the events that are unfolding, but one thing is for sure: Things are not going to stay the same.

10-18-2007, 06:29 AM
Ah. So now it's Carter's fault. While he didn't do the greatest job as POTUS, he didn't get us into a war of attrition in a country that posed no threat, militarily or economically to the US or her allies.

Iran was on the path towards becoming a <i>moderate</i> Islamic state until Chimpy McPresident started his saber-rattling about the "Axis of Evil"...An Iranian offer <a href=http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?articleId=11539>to negotiate with the US directly on Iran's nuclear program was rejected out of hand by the Bush administration in 2003</a>.

The nation and the world are at the point they are as a direct result of the BUSH ADMINISTRATION'S policies, or lack thereof. Stop putting Bush's inadequacies off on someone else.

Carter betrayed our allies in Iran and let the government be overthrown by extremists. If you think these extremists were becoming "moderate" you are living in a fantasy world.

Stop trying to blame Bush for other peoples failed poolicies.

bullypulpit
10-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Carter betrayed our allies in Iran and let the government be overthrown by extremists. If you think these extremists were becoming "moderate" you are living in a fantasy world.

Stop trying to blame Bush for other peoples failed poolicies.

Our "allies" in Iran in the form of Shah Rezha Palavi and his government were their own worst enemies, with secret prisons and torture sites to rival those of Saddam Hussein. Their overthrow was fait accompli, and there was nothing Carter or a Republican president could have done to stop it.

And the only fantasy world here is the one you live in as evidenced by your contiued support for the Bush administration. The simple fact of the matter is that moderates WERE making political gains in Iran under President Sayed Mohammed Khatami. It wasn't until 2005 that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was elected representing the resurgence of Iran's hardliners...On Bush's watch.

It should also be noted that in the overall scheme of things, Iran's president s little more than a figure-head, with the real power resting in the hands of Iran's Supreme Ayatollah, who is the C-in-C of Iranian armed forces.

One bright spot on the political horizon for Iran was the election of former Iranian president Hashemi Rafsanjani as head of Iran's Assembly of Experts, the body responsible for selecting the Supreme Ayatollah. A political pragmatist, viewed by many as a moderate, hie election to this post is a victory for Iran's political moderates.

theHawk
10-18-2007, 05:14 PM
The libs on this thread are right. Iran can't launch a nuclear attack on the U.S., so we shouldn't do anything. Just let em build their ICBMs and nukes and let em mushroom-cloud Isreal. Then President Hillary can declare World War III and send all he "poor young kids" to war to die for her old rich ass.

typomaniac
10-18-2007, 06:12 PM
The libs on this thread are right. Iran can't launch a nuclear attack on the U.S., so we shouldn't do anything. Just let em build their ICBMs and nukes and let em mushroom-cloud Isreal. Then President Hillary can declare World War III and send all he "poor young kids" to war to die for her old rich ass.

Talk about living in a fantasy world! :uhoh:

I'm glad as hell that you don't set any national "poolicy."

glockmail
10-18-2007, 06:39 PM
....."So I've told people that, if you're interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them from having the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon," said Bush. ...... Im sold let the B2s take off now. :coffee: