View Full Version : Mar-A-Lago Raid: Deadly Force Authorized

Kathianne
05-21-2024, 05:30 PM
Just wow!

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-fbi-classified-documents-deadly-force-1903247

Kathianne
05-21-2024, 07:55 PM
More:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-authorized-use-of-deadly-force-mar-a-lago-raid

It's a conspiracy to get me to vote Trump.

revelarts
05-22-2024, 07:07 AM
Just wow!

yes, that's crazy.

But,
If Trump had been shot dead at Mar Largo, i'm sure it would have only been a tragic accident.
Or at least that the agents would have had a very good reason.
"If Trump would have just obeyed the agents orders, and gotten on the ground, it would not have needed to go that way.
Plus I heard that Trump was taking medications so that's what REALLY killed him, not the bullets in is back & the choke hold."

Kathianne
05-22-2024, 07:33 AM
yes, that's crazy.

But,
If Trump had been shot dead at Mar Largo, i'm sure it would have only been a tragic accident.
"If Trump would have just obeyed the agents orders, and gotten on the ground, it would not have needed to go that way.
Plus I heard that Trump was taking medications so that's what REALLY killed him, not the bullets in is back & the choke hold."

I'm not so concerned about an actual assassination, but rather the further escalation of executive power grab. That IS a Constitutional Crisis, IMO.

fj1200
05-22-2024, 07:39 AM
Just wow!

Having not read any of it my guess would have been because of any angry trumpers or private security... but then I've watched a lot of Blacklist. :eek:

Kathianne
05-22-2024, 07:51 AM
Having not read any of it my guess would have been because of any angry trumpers or private security... but then I've watched a lot of Blacklist. :eek:

Doesn't compute. For all his flaws and his uncontrollable mouth, this was beyond the pale.

Black Diamond
05-22-2024, 09:56 AM
yes, that's crazy.

But,

Amazing that *kind * of thing hasn't happened yet.

Gunny
05-22-2024, 11:05 AM
Just wow!

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-fbi-classified-documents-deadly-force-1903247Flashback: Clinton Admin FBI used a SWAT team to remove Elian Gonzalez from two women. Dems have no issue with using military-style force against We, the People. Says right there they don't care about the "optics".

Without context, deadly force IS authorized to safeguard classified material/info, dependent on the severity of the threat to the Nation.

Within context, sending armed FBI agents authorized to used deadly force in unmarked polo shirts is unprofessional and stupid. What exactly did they think Trump and/or his lawyers and groundskeeper were going to do? This is nothing more than blatant excessive use of force to put on a show.

Gunny
05-22-2024, 11:10 AM
Doesn't compute. For all his flaws and his uncontrollable mouth, this was beyond the pale.I agree. However, Trump is far from blameless. His naivete when it comes to actual US government and what it can do, coupled with his thinking he was back on the block playing "let's Make a Deal" with the government over its property at his leisure surely created the opportunity for the Gestapo to swoop in.

revelarts
05-22-2024, 12:02 PM
Amazing that *kind * of thing hasn't happened yet.
They're throwing every other corrupt 3rd world kitchen sink political tactic at him.
Attempts to imprison on a series of BS charges, removing him from the ballots in states, Mail in ballots, 24/7 Negative coverage from the gov't sponsored press (=MSM), Censorship in the media & Social media etc...

But yeah, I suspect that *kind* of thing is still a bit too far at this point... maybe.
I mean helicopter & plane crashes do happen every once in a while (ya know, bad weather), & former gov't officials running for office are not magically exempt.
Even though almost every former U.S. President, Vice President, Cabinet member & Congress person dies of old age related issues, that doesn't mean accidents never happen.

Kathianne
05-22-2024, 12:25 PM
I agree. However, Trump is far from blameless. His naivete when it comes to actual US government and what it can do, coupled with his thinking he was back on the block playing "let's Make a Deal" with the government over its property at his leisure surely created the opportunity for the Gestapo to swoop in.

True, but we're not supposed to have a gestapo.

fj1200
05-22-2024, 12:49 PM
Doesn't compute. For all his flaws and his uncontrollable mouth, this was beyond the pale.

I think this is all SOP. Stupid it wasn't removed but was he even there when the search went down? It's not like they're going to have a shootout with the Secret Service.

Black Diamond
05-22-2024, 01:36 PM
Flashback: Clinton Admin FBI used a SWAT team to remove Elian Gonzalez from two women. Dems have no issue with using military-style force against We, the People. Says right there they don't care about the "optics".

Without context, deadly force IS authorized to safeguard classified material/info, dependent on the severity of the threat to the Nation.

Within context, sending armed FBI agents authorized to used deadly force in unmarked polo shirts is unprofessional and stupid. What exactly did they think Trump and/or his lawyers and groundskeeper were going to do? This is nothing more than blatant excessive use of force to put on a show.

Political assassination attempt ....... At this stage.

Black Diamond
05-22-2024, 01:46 PM
Flashback: Clinton Admin FBI used a SWAT team to remove Elian Gonzalez from two women. Dems have no issue with using military-style force against We, the People. Says right there they don't care about the "optics".

Question. Was deadly force Authorized in the cases of Biden and pence?

SassyLady
05-22-2024, 10:02 PM
I think this is all SOP. Stupid it wasn't removed but was he even there when the search went down? It's not like they're going to have a shootout with the Secret Service.
Wrong. They were given authorization to engage SS if needed.

revelarts
05-22-2024, 11:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVW3Bq5Akzc

fj1200
05-23-2024, 07:16 AM

Realistically speaking they were not going to have a shoot out with the secret service especially when trump was not even there.

Kathianne
05-23-2024, 09:34 AM
Realistically speaking they were not going to have a shoot out with the secret service especially when trump was not even there.

I totally agree, the 'troops' are not at that point yet. However, for me it's a total mindset against the side that doesn't agree with another point of view. With the power, the leaders are more than willing to choose the excessive choice and the media doesn't seem up in arms, yet.

I don't think I need to say that I believe the 'other side' has many willing to do the same, IF they didn't have the media and 1/2 the population against them.

We need more checks on ALL the would be dictators.

fj1200
05-23-2024, 12:01 PM
I totally agree, the 'troops' are not at that point yet. However, for me it's a total mindset against the side that doesn't agree with another point of view. With the power, the leaders are more than willing to choose the excessive choice and the media doesn't seem up in arms, yet.

I don't think I need to say that I believe the 'other side' has many willing to do the same, IF they didn't have the media and 1/2 the population against them.

We need more checks on ALL the would be dictators.

I don't disagree that those with a "total mindset" will make the "excessive choice" I just disagree that this is an example of that.

Kathianne
05-23-2024, 12:26 PM
I don't disagree that those with a "total mindset" will make the "excessive choice" I just disagree that this is an example of that.

I see it as an attempt or first step towards that.

SassyLady
05-23-2024, 01:55 PM
I see it as an attempt or first step towards that.

Yep ... all it takes is one person in that task force to go off script. .. perhaps that's what they were hoping would happen. Good thing Trump got a heads up before they descended.

Gunny
05-23-2024, 02:03 PM
Question. Was deadly force Authorized in the cases of Biden and pence?Technically by law (US Code) yes. Again, dependent on classification and topic. In this case, apparently deadly force was authorized for the Trump raid. Pence and Braindead were allowed to turn their crap in. I don't recall warrants being issued in the case of the latter two.

By law, they should ALL be charged. What makes matters worse to me is selectively charging one but not the others for the same crap. Even worse, In Biden's case, he wasn't even President at the time and doesn't have even Trump's misguided "the President can ..." excuse.

As it is, what's going on is obvious, and these weaponized Dem charlatans screwing around with the law are doing so at the law's expense.

Gunny
05-23-2024, 02:26 PM
Who to believe. Spineless Garland says it ain't so:rolleyes:

Garland calls Trump’s false FBI search claim ‘extremely dangerous’ (thehill.com) (https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4682474-garland-calls-trumps-false-fbi-search-claim-extremely-dangerous/)

Kathianne
05-23-2024, 03:33 PM
Garland? IMO one of the worst.

Meanwhile...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/revelation-secret-obama-era-program-casts-doubt-stated-reason-trump-mar-a-lago-raid

Black Diamond
05-23-2024, 04:22 PM

Meanwhile...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/revelation-secret-obama-era-program-casts-doubt-stated-reason-trump-mar-a-lago-raid

But Obama said he was a moderate when he appointed him

fj1200
05-23-2024, 05:43 PM
Who to believe. Spineless Garland says it ain't so:rolleyes:

Garland calls Trump’s false FBI search claim ‘extremely dangerous’ (thehill.com) (https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4682474-garland-calls-trumps-false-fbi-search-claim-extremely-dangerous/)

No defense of Garland here but he's right.

Trump falsely claimed (https://thehill.com/policy/technology/4679715-trump-falsely-says-biden-was-locked-loaded-and-ready-to-take-me-out-in-mar-a-lago-search/) in a fundraising email Wednesday that President Biden (https://thehill.com/people/joe-biden/)was “locked & loaded and ready to take me out,” another attack about the classified records found at his estate. His email claimed Biden or the Justice Department was “authorized to shoot” Trump.Garland disputed the accusation in a press briefing Thursday.
“That allegation is false, and it is extremely dangerous,” Garland said. “The document that has been referred to in the allegation is the Justice Department standard policy, limiting the use of force.”
“As the FBI advises, it is part of the standard operations plan for searches and in fact, it was even used in the consensual search of President Biden’s home,” he continued.

Kathianne
05-23-2024, 07:22 PM
No defense of Garland here but he's right.

I'll give that a maybe. 15 years ago I'd have been same pov as yourself. Truth is Biden's term has been basically a nightmare of an out of control Executive department. I think it may have to do with the faux president, we've no clue to who's really behind the lawfare. Who is insisting on no borders. Who took us out of Afghanistan in a way that threw commonsense and all military advice out the window.

So there is little I'd put past whomever is calling the shots.

Gunny
05-25-2024, 10:40 AM

Meanwhile...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/revelation-secret-obama-era-program-casts-doubt-stated-reason-trump-mar-a-lago-raidBrings up an obvious yet obfuscated point: Want to throw a monkey wrench into the works? Demand proof of chain of custody for the documents. Dollars to donuts says those knuckleheads just handed Trump the documents.

Technically, the last person to sign for the documents should be the one to have to produce them. Point being, I don't see any concern here for law and protocol except as they have cherry picked it to suit their charges.

Obama did nothing but sell out this country, ad his successors (party) have continued his slide. I'd bet (without looking or any real specific knowledge) Obama's EO is unlawful. They're basically attacking Trump for doing exactly what they have done: what they want. Trump actually followed more laws (that we know of) than either Obama or Biden who both have just flat publicly ignored the law when it suited them to.