PDA

View Full Version : Gore rules out Presidential bid.....(snort)

stephanie
10-18-2007, 03:19 AM
Oh man...my heart is breaking....

Former US Vice-President Al Gore has ruled out again making a late entry into the 2008 presidential race.
In an interview with Norwegian broadcaster NRK, he said he would not make a fresh bid for the White House.

Mr Gore told NRK he wanted to focus on his climate change campaigning, which won him a Nobel Peace Prize last week.

Mr Gore, the beaten Democratic candidate in the 2000 election, had repeatedly stated he had no interest in standing again for president.

But a national organisation which has campaigned for him to stand once more for the White House said traffic on its website had surged in the wake of his Nobel triumph.

'Climate crisis'

Mr Gore told NRK it was a "great honour" to be awarded the prize for his climate campaigning.

Asked how it would affect his political future, he replied: "I don't have plans to be a candidate again so I don't really see it in that context at all.

"I'm involved in another kind of campaign.(lining my pockets...full of GREEN..):cow:
It's a global campaign to change the way people think about the climate crisis."

read the rest of this sad article at...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7048370.stm

GW in Ohio
10-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Gore's won an Oscar and the Nobel Peace Prize.

And in 2000 he won the presidential election.

There's nothin' you need to prove, Al.

Leave it to Hillary to bring some respect back to the White House.

jimnyc
10-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Gore's won an Oscar and the Nobel Peace Prize.

And in 2000 he won the presidential election.

And he's literally laughed at for all 3! :laugh2:

GW in Ohio
10-18-2007, 02:37 PM
And he's literally laughed at for all 3! :laugh2:

Jim: Yes, he's laughed at by hard-core right wingers like yourself.

But you guys only constitute about 20% of the electorate. Not enough to keep Senator Hillary from becoming President Hillary.

However, look at it this way.....

If we liberals can endure 8 years of the worst....the most godawful president that ever occupied the White House, you guys can endure 8 years of President Hillary.

You might even get to like her.

jimnyc
10-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Maybe I'll just be like the nitwits on your side and claim to be leaving the country of Hillary is elected. Of course I'll be a liar just like most liberals and back off my own statements at a later time. :laugh2:

GW in Ohio
10-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Maybe I'll just be like the nitwits on your side and claim to be leaving the country of Hillary is elected. Of course I'll be a liar just like most liberals and back off my own statements at a later time. :laugh2:

Well, hell, I left the country when Bush got elected.

I'm posting this from the jungles of El Salvador.

jimnyc
10-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Well, hell, I left the country when Bush got elected.

I'm posting this from the jungles of El Salvador.

Keep an eye out for Kerry, he claims he's in El Salvador right now on a secret mission, and has even applied for his 4th purple heart because his fingers got wrinkly while soaking in the water.