PDA

View Full Version : US attacks al quaeda in Somalia

Dilloduck
01-08-2007, 07:25 PM
breaking news from FOX-----AC130 gunship --

Gaffer
01-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Caught the tail end of something about an air attack, but then they went to something else. That's cool. Maybe ethiopia has had a little more help than anyone thought.

There will be a lot of dead bodies there now.

Dilloduck
01-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Caught the tail end of something about an air attack, but then they went to something else. That's cool. Maybe ethiopia has had a little more help than anyone thought.

There will be a lot of dead bodies there now.

Casualties on the ground reported and apparently it's still ongoing.

Gaffer
01-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah just heard that too. Special ops is in there.

I love how they say there may be casualties. Duh. You can bet there are a lot of casualties in the area. The C-130 wouldn't be used unless there were enough fighters there to warrent its use and everything in the area would be dead.

Gunny
01-08-2007, 10:13 PM

I love how they say there may be casualties. Duh. You can bet there are a lot of casualties in the area. The C-130 wouldn't be used unless there were enough fighters there to warrent its use and everything in the area would be dead.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/08/world/main2335451.shtml

Hmmm .... Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq and Somalia.

No global threat there.:rolleyes:

Pale Rider
01-08-2007, 10:20 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/08/world/main2335451.shtml

Hmmm .... Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq and Somalia.

No global threat there.:rolleyes:

Muslims.

Gunny
01-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Muslims.

I'm just going on the AQ thing. Seems to me, AQ is behind all the hate and discontent in Africa and Southwest Asia with the exception of Hamas and Hezbollah who have their own private little thing going, financed and supported by Iran.

While I know there are Muslims who don't really go for AQ's MO, they're REALLY quiet Muslims. First thing that happens around here when some Christian kook goes on a rage is Christians get in line to denounce the actions. Take those retards calling themselves Baptists that like to disrupt funerals for example.

Fact is, Islam aside, Arab culture teaches Arabs to despise and distrust Western society, and the US in particular. I'm sure saying that has cause a few PC secular progressives to piss their pants, but we read about it every day, and I have seen it myself first-hand. Religious fanatacism is only throwing JP5 on the fire.

Gaffer
01-08-2007, 10:56 PM
From what I have read so far it seems the jihadists were on the move after holing up for a few days. They were followed by a preditor and a carrier group was sent into the region. There were appearantly a lot of them and with the preditor guiding it in the C-130 flew over and blasted the area. Sounds like there were lots of bodies laying around when it left. The ethiopians are moving into the area. And I guess their are special ops guys in there too.

Gunny
01-08-2007, 11:27 PM
From what I have read so far it seems the jihadists were on the move after holing up for a few days. They were followed by a preditor and a carrier group was sent into the region. There were appearantly a lot of them and with the preditor guiding it in the C-130 flew over and blasted the area. Sounds like there were lots of bodies laying around when it left. The ethiopians are moving into the area. And I guess their are special ops guys in there too.

From what I read, the US backed Ethiopia's operations and they sent AQ running. They should have sent TWO AC-130s.:dev:

Gaffer
01-08-2007, 11:36 PM
From what I read, the US backed Ethiopia's operations and they sent AQ running. They should have sent TWO AC-130s.:dev:

yeah ethiopia did the leg work while our guys supplied the intel and some equipment. I wouldn't be surprised if the air support they had wasn't American fighter bombers. The ethiopians don't have their hands tied by pc so they can go in and act appropreately, which means kill em all.

I'll bet Ethiopia gets a bunch of financing out of this. And the great thing is they are not muslim.

Mr. P
01-08-2007, 11:51 PM

C-130...
Puffs big brother. Right Gaffer?:2up:

manu1959
01-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Casualties on the ground reported and apparently it's still ongoing.

must have been an ace marksman cuz dem dudes are skinny

Gaffer
01-09-2007, 12:49 AM
C-130...
Puffs big brother. Right Gaffer?:2up:

Yeppers and puff was one mean machine. The new versions are even more deadly.

I watched puff turn a whole half mile hilltop into churned dirt. And the tracers caught the hill on fire and burned everything up down to the bottom. Awesome sight.

ManU doesn't matter how skinny they are. Those mini's put a round every six inches. Not to mention they also fire 105's, and 20 mm explosive rounds like a machine gun. Nothing underneath those things survives.

They have tracers every fifth round and it looks like a laser beam snaking around in the air.

Gunny
01-09-2007, 09:12 PM
must have been an ace marksman cuz dem dudes are skinny

You don't have to be an ace marksman with a weapon that puts out 2000 rounds a minute. You just need to be in the general vicinity.

Gunny
01-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeppers and puff was one mean machine. The new versions are even more deadly.

I watched puff turn a whole half mile hilltop into churned dirt. And the tracers caught the hill on fire and burned everything up down to the bottom. Awesome sight.

ManU doesn't matter how skinny they are. Those mini's put a round every six inches. Not to mention they also fire 105's, and 20 mm explosive rounds like a machine gun. Nothing underneath those things survives.

They have tracers every fifth round and it looks like a laser beam snaking around in the air.

I want one. I'd use it to "practice" flying between Brownsville and El Paso.:dev:

dirt mcgirt
01-10-2007, 08:38 AM
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A senior al-Qaida suspect wanted for bombing American embassies in East Africa was killed in a U.S. airstrike, a Somali official said Wednesday, a report that if true would mean the end of an eight-year hunt for a top target of Washington's war on terror.

There was no immediate confirmation from the U.S. In Washington, a U.S. intelligence official said the U.S. killed five to 10 people in an attack on an al-Qaida target in southern Somalia but did not say who was killed. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the operation's sensitivity, said a small number of others present, perhaps four or five, were wounded.

The report came as U.S forces apparently launched a third day of airstrikes in southern Somalia. Witnesses said an AC-130 gunship attacked a suspected al-Qaida training camp. At least four separate strikes were reported Wednesday around Ras Kamboni, on the Somali coast and a few miles from the Kenyan border.

Also Wednesday, Somalia's Deputy Prime Minister said American troops were needed on the ground to root extremists from his troubled country, and he expected the troops soon. It was the first indication that the U.S. military may expand its campaign.

Fazul Abdullah Mohammed, who allegedly planned the 1998 bombings of two U.S. embassies in East Africa, was killed in a U.S. airstrike early Monday morning local time, according to an American intelligence report passed on to the Somali authorities.

"I have received a report from the American side chronicling the targets and list of damage," Abdirizak Hassan, the Somali president's chief of staff, told The Associated Press. "One of the items they were claiming was that Fazul Abdullah Mohammed is dead."

If confirmed Mohammed's death would be a major victory for the U.S. in its hunt for the 1998 embassy bombers. The strike was part of the first U.S. offensive in the African country since 18 American soldiers were killed there in 1993.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070110/ap_on_re_af/somalia