PDA

View Full Version : New Smoking Ban Passes In Chicago

stephanie
10-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Smokers USED to be a citizen...Welcome to communist Chicago....:cheers2:

CHICAGO (CBS) ― Smoking is now off limits at beaches, parks and playground in Chicago.

The park district board voted unanimously Wednesday to pass the ban. It takes effect immediately.

The penalty for violating the ban is a $500 fine.

Enforcement relies on citizens to turn smokers in to police.

read the rest...
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/smoking.ban.beaches.2.377241.html

SpidermanTUba
10-18-2007, 06:57 PM

CHICAGO (CBS) ― Smoking is now off limits at beaches, parks and playground in Chicago.

The park district board voted unanimously Wednesday to pass the ban. It takes effect immediately.

read the rest...

What about the freedom to masturbate in public? Masturbators are citizens, to, and they've long been oppressed.

stephanie
10-18-2007, 07:05 PM
What about the freedom to masturbate in public? Masturbators are citizens, to, and they've long been oppressed.

Have at it...if that's your thing...:poke:

Don't worry...they'll be coming after something you do, when they get done with smokers....Enjoy...:cheers2:

Trigg
10-19-2007, 12:49 PM

read the rest...

Fortunatally Chicago has so much crime the police will ignore the "there's a guy smoking at the park" calls.

Or maybe since there is a fine involved we'll see on COPS......undercover agents stationed at the playground.

retiredman
10-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Have at it...if that's your thing...:poke:

Don't worry...they'll be coming after something you do, when they get done with smokers....Enjoy...:cheers2:

so masturbation in public is OK with you? what if the masturbator spewed his splooge all over your sweater? would that still be OK with you?

If smokers were somehow able to not exhale their smoke into MY environment, I would not care one bit what they did.

Dilloduck
10-19-2007, 02:09 PM
so masturbation in public is OK with you? what if the masturbator spewed his splooge all over your sweater? would that still be OK with you?

If smokers were somehow able to not exhale their smoke into MY environment, I would not care one bit what they did.

I hate when I get Volvo exhaust all over my pocket-t shirts. peeee uuuuuu

retiredman
10-19-2007, 02:22 PM
I hate when I get Volvo exhaust all over my pocket-t shirts. peeee uuuuuu

and I don't like internal combustion engines either.

If there were the political will to clean them up, I would be all for it. If there were viable alternatives to fossil fuels, I would be all for their use. I would imagine that if there were a majority of people who, after a time, were driving around in non-polluting cars, the political will might be there to ban those cars that did pollute.

Like 50 years ago, lots of folks smoked. there was not enough critical mass of non-smoking sentiment to move the political process in a direction that restricted smoking. There is now.

120 years ago there was not the political will to ban child labor.

150 years ago, there was not the political will to ban slavery.

get the point?

Dilloduck
10-19-2007, 02:31 PM

If there were the political will to clean them up, I would be all for it. If there were viable alternatives to fossil fuels, I would be all for their use. I would imagine that if there were a majority of people who, after a time, were driving around in non-polluting cars, the political will might be there to ban those cars that did pollute.

Like 50 years ago, lots of folks smoked. there was not enough critical mass of non-smoking sentiment to move the political process in a direction that restricted smoking. There is now.

get the point?

Sure--the govt wants to take smokers money and make them smoke------ uhhhhhhh in another country ? Might as well get all bucks before they stop or die. Damn Indians and thier cute little culture of smoking tobacco. :laugh2:

mrg666
10-19-2007, 02:34 PM

get the point?

how can you equate slavery and child labour with smoking political will aside
slavery and child labour were imposed

gabosaurus
10-19-2007, 04:08 PM
I agree! Everyone should have the right to kill themselves.
If you want to ingest carcinogens and walk around smelling like dog shit, you should have the right to!

retiredman
10-19-2007, 07:03 PM
how can you equate slavery and child labour with smoking political will aside
slavery and child labour were imposed

and you don't think that second hand smoke is imposed?:lol:

mrg666
10-20-2007, 12:13 PM
and you don't think that second hand smoke is imposed?:lol:

no its not , are you going to get a whopping or be hung or not fed if you walk away ... no you arent being forced to inhale you have a choice
however that is irrellivant now as the smoking bans protect folk from passive smoking

mrg666
10-20-2007, 12:17 PM
but i gotta add that after years and years of tobbaco promotion / imports and exports various people , organisations and governmen ( including monarchies gb ) got very very rich from this and now all of a sudden they are banning it everywhere