PDA

View Full Version : GD Cell Phone Companys Ripped Me Off: More Than Once!!!*

chesswarsnow
10-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I have been ripped off more than I care to admit.
2. The GD Cell Phone Companies are bastards!
3. Nextel got me, for $450.00
4. T-Moblie, got me for 350.00.
5. GD Bastards!
6. They play these technical games with the date you terminated the contract.
7. All Cell Phone Companies try like hell to create a reason to get your money.
8. Singular tried, I won that time.
9. When I left Verizon, I called them up and said I want you to record this conversation, then I asked if my contract was over so I could change to MetroPCS, which they said yes I could, without penalty.
10. I called twice to make sure and said to record it.
11. The bastards stillllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ,....sent me a disconnect fee, which I fought like hell, then I won.:fu:CELL PHONE COMPAINES
12. Read this:

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/newstex/AFX-0013-20307242.htm

"

Lawmakers mull cell phone bill
October 17, 2007: 04:05 PM EST

Oct. 17, 2007 (Thomson Financial delivered by Newstex) --

WASHINGTON (AP) - Sen. Amy Klobuchar said Wednesday that cell phone companies need to give their customers a break on early termination fees by prorating the penalties so the cost declines with time.

That requirement is one of several provisions in the bill she called her 'cell phone bill of rights' during a Senate Commerce Committee hearing Klobuchar chaired. An industry executive opposed the bill, calling it unnecessary.

Klobuchar said that 'among other things, this legislation will place limits on so-called 'early termination fees' which have been a real sore spot for consumers and a source of abuse by cell phone companies.'
She said that some companies have agreed to prorate such fees, but others have not followed suit.

'Our legislation will require that all wireless providers prorate these fees so that, at a minimum, a consumer who exits a two-year contract after the end of the first year will have to pay only half of the early termination fee,' she said.

Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson, also a Democrat, said Congress needs to step in. She sued Sprint (NYSE:FON) Nextel Corp. last month, accusing it of extending customer contracts without the informed consent of those customers.

'The burden should not be on the consumer to figure out the rules of the cell phone shell game,' Swanson said. 'The United States Congress should pass meaningful legislation so that consumers are treated fairly and not subjected to a game of 'hide the ball' when navigating the cell phone maze.'
Lowell McAdam, chief executive officer of Verizon (NYSE:VZC) (NYSE:VZ) Wireless (NYSE:VOD) , called on the committee to reject Klobuchar's legislation.

'The market is working and evolving in ways that no inherently rigid and static regulations can,' he said in prepared testimony.

The committee's top Republican, Ted Stevens of Alaska, said he understands the frustrations that consumers sometimes feel.

'But I also worry that if Congress acts too rashly the end result could be that consumer prices would go up, or that some consumers would be forced into less attractive wireless plans,' he said in a prepared statement.

"
13. Here in Dallas area, there is no contracts for MetroPCS, best thing to happen to the cell phone biz, also no limits to the calls you make, all minutes included, I love it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

JackDaniels
10-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Why am I not surprised to see one of our mindless Republican apologist posters advocating a nanny state/big government solution to a problem that can be handled by the free market?