PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Stands up for the Constitution.

bullypulpit
10-18-2007, 09:43 PM
On Monday, with little fanfare or attention from the media, Ron Paul(R-TX) and Republican presidential candidate, introduced H.R. 3835...The American Freedom Agenda Act of 2007.

<blockquote>"The American Freedom Agenda Act would bar the use of evidence obtained through torture; require that federal intelligence gathering is conducted in accordance with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA); create a mechanism for challenging presidential signing statements; repeal the Military Commissions Act, which, among other things, denies habeas corpus to certain detainees; prohibit kidnapping, detentions, and torture abroad; protect journalists who publish information received from the executive branch; and ensure that secret evidence is not used to designate individuals or organizations with a presence in the U.S. as foreign terrorists."</blockquote>

For the full text of the Act in PDF format, go <a href=http://www.americanfreedomcampaign.org/storage/afagenda/documents/AFA%20Act%20text.pdf>HERE</a>.

My hat's off to Representative Paul, the only one in Congress with the balls to stand up to the Bush administration and its relentless pursuit of power.

actsnoblemartin
10-19-2007, 12:23 AM
I like him, he has huge balls to say what he says and is right about some things he says. We dont need so much government, cia , nsa, homeland security, fbi please.

He is a righteus man

On Monday, with little fanfare or attention from the media, Ron Paul(R-TX) and Republican presidential candidate, introduced H.R. 3835...The American Freedom Agenda Act of 2007.

<blockquote>"The American Freedom Agenda Act would bar the use of evidence obtained through torture; require that federal intelligence gathering is conducted in accordance with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA); create a mechanism for challenging presidential signing statements; repeal the Military Commissions Act, which, among other things, denies habeas corpus to certain detainees; prohibit kidnapping, detentions, and torture abroad; protect journalists who publish information received from the executive branch; and ensure that secret evidence is not used to designate individuals or organizations with a presence in the U.S. as foreign terrorists."</blockquote>

For the full text of the Act in PDF format, go <a href=http://www.americanfreedomcampaign.org/storage/afagenda/documents/AFA%20Act%20text.pdf>HERE</a>.

My hat's off to Representative Paul, the only one in Congress with the balls to stand up to the Bush administration and its relentless pursuit of power.

JackDaniels
10-19-2007, 12:41 AM
He is the only real Conservative left in Washington DC

bullypulpit
10-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Supporting and defending the Constitution and the protections it provides for all Americans. IS NOT being soft on terrorism. It is protecting the very foundations of this nation. Absent the Constitution, America is no more.

Hugh Lincoln
10-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Ron Paul Rocks.

chesswarsnow
10-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But my *Neoliberal Rino Alarm* just went off.
2. Paul is a *First Class Rino*.
3. Thats it.
4. With so many Neoliberals here supporting him, who could doubt me?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hugh Lincoln
10-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Sorry bout that,

3. Thats it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Liberal for supporting the Constitution? That's my kind of liberal.

REDWHITEBLUE2
10-21-2007, 06:00 PM
well if some terrorist had information on the whereabouts of a nuke set to go off in lets say Denver under Dumb ass Paul's Idea Millions of innocent people would die just because this stupid law says we can't torture this terrorist Muslim pig I call BULLSHIT on this torture the pig until he tells us were it's at and if he dies TOO FUCKING BAD what about all the innocent people that would die from the nuke blast ? You Liberals make me sick

5stringJeff
10-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Sorry bout that,

3. Thats it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Ron Paul is a libertarian, not a liberal.

bullypulpit
10-23-2007, 03:58 AM
well if some terrorist had information on the whereabouts of a nuke set to go off in lets say Denver under Dumb ass Paul's Idea Millions of innocent people would die just because this stupid law says we can't torture this terrorist Muslim pig I call BULLSHIT on this torture the pig until he tells us were it's at and if he dies TOO FUCKING BAD what about all the innocent people that would die from the nuke blast ? You Liberals make me sick

Dude, ya gotta stop watching those reruns of "24". It's a TV show...it's made up...or haven't you reached an age where you can distinguish between the fantasy world of TV drama and reality?

retiredman
10-23-2007, 07:09 AM
I wonder if anyone else caught this.... as I was shaving this morning, I heard on CNN that Ron Paul - the ONLY republican candidate that supports immediate withdrawal from Iraq - leads all other republican candidates in contributions received from active and retired military!

things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmm

glockmail
10-23-2007, 07:23 AM

things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmm Bullypulpit's cock makes you do that too.
:pee:

diuretic
10-23-2007, 07:42 AM

Does it mean that your forces will stop torturing the rest of us and packing us off to dark places in the rendition programme? Heck I'd vote for him myself if I could. :salute:

retiredman
10-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Bullypulpit's cock makes you do that too.

another content rich, intellectually stimulating on-point response from the petulant little boy...or is that little boy lover?:lol:

bullypulpit
10-23-2007, 08:53 AM

Yeah, you did. You even gagged a little...And sheesh a spitter at that.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 08:55 AM
another content rich, intellectually stimulating on-point response from the petulant little boy...or is that little boy lover?:lol:
Its your fantasy pal. Why not tell us about it?

glockmail
10-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Yeah, you did. You even gagged a little...And sheesh a spitter at that. Confirmation from bullypulpit that maineman sucks his dick. :pee:

bullypulpit
10-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Confirmation from bullypulpit that maineman sucks his dick. :pee:

Nice try...

<blockquote>

Yeah, you did. You even gagged a little...And sheesh a spitter at that. </blockquote>

how could you miss that I was was talking obout you, sweetcheeks.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Nice try...

<blockquote>

Yeah, you did. You even gagged a little...And sheesh a spitter at that. </blockquote>

how could you miss that I was was talking obout you, sweetcheeks. OIC. So in your fantasy world conservative males are sucking your dick. Do pictures of Rush Limbaugh give you a hard-on?

Sorry pal buy I don't swing that way. You are better of going for a fellow liberal, ie: HFM. :pee:

retiredman
10-23-2007, 09:52 AM
and here I thought that little boys in snow suits gave you a chubbie, glock!

Sir Evil
10-23-2007, 09:54 AM
and here I thought that little boys in snow suits gave you a chubbie, glock!

Always referring to something sexual or little boys....what a homo!

glockmail
10-23-2007, 10:52 AM
and here I thought that little boys in snow suits gave you a chubbie, glock! What would make you think that?

retiredman
10-23-2007, 11:59 AM
What would make you think that?

I seem to remember it "came up" in conversation... and wasn't there a photograph? It is all so long ago, I really can't remember for sure.:laugh2:

glockmail
10-23-2007, 12:10 PM
I seem to remember it "came up" in conversation... and wasn't there a photograph? It is all so long ago, I really can't remember for sure.:laugh2: It's obvious that you remember, as you brought it up and provided details. But I can see why you'd be ashamed. Too bad you're not man enough to admit what you did.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/admityourofffense.jpg

Maybe this will remind you.

retiredman
10-23-2007, 01:08 PM
no...that's not the picture I remember...that one is of you and you son, isn't it? I was thinking of something a bit different.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 01:20 PM
no...that's not the picture I remember...that one is of you and you son, isn't it? I was thinking of something a bit different.
I'm quite sure that was it. Yes it is me and my young son. Tell us more than and maybe I can tweak your memory.

retiredman
10-23-2007, 01:25 PM
your photos are really of little interest to me...

on topic:

do you have any explanation as to why Ron Paul gets more donations from active and retired military than any other republican candidate - especially given his anti-Iraq war position?

bullypulpit
10-23-2007, 01:29 PM
We seem to ave gotten off topic here, but that was glock's plan...distract from the issue to avoid debate.

Gaffer
10-23-2007, 01:33 PM

on topic:

do you have any explanation as to why Ron Paul gets more donations from active and retired military than any other republican candidate - especially given his anti-Iraq war position?

The explanation is that's its a made up statistic. You know, a lie. ron paul is the al sharpton of the republicans. He's in the race for comedic relief.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 01:36 PM

on topic:

Actually the topic that you brought up in posts 14 and 17 are directly realted to the picture that I posted. You're simply not man enough to admit what you said to me earlier.

With regards to the vets question, that's not on topic either. Therefore your attempt to dismiss my questions to you as off topic has failed as well.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 01:37 PM
We seem to ave gotten off topic here, but that was glock's plan...distract from the issue to avoid debate. It appears that your attempt at "bitch slap" has also failed. You and maineman should get a room and do what you do best together.

retiredman
10-23-2007, 01:45 PM
The explanation is that's its a made up statistic. You know, a lie.

:link:

retiredman
10-23-2007, 01:46 PM
It appears that your attempt at "bitch slap" has also failed. You and maineman should get a room and do what you do best together.

do those ski outfits of yours have convenient little front and rear crotch zippers?

glockmail
10-23-2007, 01:50 PM
do those ski outfits of yours have convenient little front and rear crotch zippers?
No. The pants open and close with a zipper in front and a top fastener, just like regular pants. At least the ones that real men wear.

Gaffer
10-23-2007, 03:38 PM
:link:

You gave the statistic. You do the link.

retiredman
10-23-2007, 04:36 PM
You gave the statistic. You do the link.

you called it a lie....big tough word with no substantiation.

retiredman
10-23-2007, 04:42 PM
and what say you now?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3601542

Gaffer
10-23-2007, 05:07 PM
and what say you now?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3601542

A nice little partisan piece. It says people employed with the services. Not military members. And they certainly are not donating in large numbers.

Abbey Marie
10-23-2007, 05:09 PM
From the ABC link. I can't believe you would even bother to bring it up. Even the author called the contributions "miniscule", and the difference between Paul and McCain is less than $1,000. Finally, are these even Republicans sending him money? Doubtful.

Overall, these donations are miniscule: Obama got 44 contributions worth about $27,000 and Paul 23 for about $19,300. Republican John McCain, an Iraq war supporter and Vietnam prisoner of war, was third with about $18,500 from 32 donors.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 05:14 PM
... I heard on CNN that Ron Paul - the ONLY republican candidate that supports immediate withdrawal from Iraq - leads all other republican candidates in contributions received from active and retired military!

A nice little partisan piece. It says people employed with the services. Not military members. And they certainly are not donating in large numbers.

From the ABC link. I can't believe you would even bother to bring it up. Even the author called the contributions "miniscule", and the difference between Paul and McCain is less than $1,000. Finally, are these even Republicans sending him money? Doubtful.

As usual, Communist News Network misleads, and HFM follows. :lol:

Gaffer
10-23-2007, 05:17 PM
As usual, Communist News Network misleads, and HFM follows. :lol:

You got that right. Oh and its the caliphate news network now. They still suppot the communists but they take orders from bin laden now.

retiredman
10-23-2007, 05:18 PM
hey GLB...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/politics/5223477.html

glockmail
10-23-2007, 05:24 PM
hey GLB...

from January through September, Paul received $63,440 in donations from current military employees and several retired military personnel....
Paul, whose campaign Web site notes his military service as a flight surgeon in the Air Force in the 1960s as well as his opposition to the current war, raised a total of $5 million from July through September alone.

$63,440/ 9 = $7045
$5,000,000/ 3 = $1,666,667

7045/1,666,667 = 0.42%

BIG FUCKING DEAL :slap:

Gaffer
10-23-2007, 05:24 PM
hey GLB...

Another op-ed saying the same thing. Listing people "affiliated" with the military is not the same as being in the military. Most of the military can't afford to give their money away to a bunch of politicians.

retiredman
10-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Another op-ed saying the same thing. Listing people "affiliated" with the military is not the same as being in the military. Most of the military can't afford to give their money away to a bunch of politicians.

op-ed? :lol:

glockmail
10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
op-ed? :lol:
You were mislead by your butt buds in the MSM and swallowed the bait hook line and sinker.

REDWHITEBLUE2
10-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Another op-ed saying the same thing. Listing people "affiliated" with the military is not the same as being in the military. Most of the military can't afford to give their money away to a bunch of politicians. And especially a Freak like Ron Paul who would throw them all out on the streets if he was elected

retiredman
10-23-2007, 06:12 PM
You were mislead by your butt buds in the MSM and swallowed the bait hook line and sinker.

so the Houston Chronicle is now part of the liberally biased main stream media?:laugh2:

glockmail
10-23-2007, 06:37 PM
so the Houston Chronicle is now part of the liberally biased main stream media?:laugh2: As they have thus proven to be misleading, yes. And you got sucked in yet again. :lol:

retiredman
10-23-2007, 06:39 PM
As they have thus proven to be misleading, yes. And you got sucked in yet again. :lol:

how is their article misleading? Is there any factual inaccuracy?

glockmail
10-23-2007, 06:43 PM
how is their article misleading? Is there any factual inaccuracy? Wow. Do I have to spell it out for you?

Until now I thought that you were average intelligence and just a shit-bag. Now I see that you are below average intelligence and a shit-bag.

retiredman
10-23-2007, 06:44 PM
$63,440/ 9 = $7045
$5,000,000/ 3 = $1,666,667

7045/1,666,667 = 0.42%

BIG FUCKING DEAL :slap:

by the way....your convoluted math presumes linear rates of donation which is not supported by the facts provided. If Paul received significantly less than $1.6 in the six preceding months, your numbers would be skewed disproportionately....

but I really ought not expect pedophiliac ski bums to be good at math, should I?:laugh2:

retiredman
10-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Wow. Do I have to spell it out for you?

you are not known for your spelling, so if you would just point out one fact that is not accurate in the Houston Chronicle piece, it wouldn't really be all that important if you spelled it correctly or not.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 09:04 PM
[1]by the way....your convoluted math presumes linear rates of donation which is not supported by the facts provided. If Paul received significantly less than $1.6 in the six preceding months, your numbers would be skewed disproportionately....

[2]but I really ought not expect pedophiliac ski bums to be good at math, should I?:laugh2:

1. The math is pretty simple, actually. Well, maybe not for you.
2. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You need to express yourself better, mr. faggot.

retiredman
10-24-2007, 06:37 AM
1. The math is pretty simple, actually. Well, maybe not for you.

tough to solve a non-linear math problem with simple division, but simple math for simple minds seems to be your forte!

glockmail
10-24-2007, 07:23 AM
tough to solve a non-linear math problem with simple division, but simple math for simple minds seems to be your forte!
Its called averaging. Not exactly rocket science. But this explains why you got fooled by the media. But you have been fooled your entire life, being a Democrat lifer.

retiredman
10-24-2007, 07:59 AM
I know what it is called. I also know that "averaging" does not tell a very complete story.:laugh2:

glockmail
10-24-2007, 08:16 AM
I know what it is called. I also know that "averaging" does not tell a very complete story.:laugh2: Financially it tells the overall story. What happened in any given quater is meaningless with these small numbers.

You got sucked in to beliving the sensational headline as usual and got called on it. You look like a complete jackass for trying to deflect this by arguing the fine points.

But then again, a jackass is your party's mascot.

retiredman
10-24-2007, 09:05 AM
You got sucked in to beliving the sensational headline as usual and got called on it.

I didn't get "sucked in" to believing anything that wasn't the truth.

"Ron Paul - the ONLY republican candidate that supports immediate withdrawal from Iraq - leads all other republican candidates in contributions received from active and retired military." that is a fact... and I hardly think it is anything "sensational". It is what it is.... military personnel contributing to a candidate that is against the war in Iraq.

and please realize that how I "appear" to you is of less than zero importance to me. I do, and always have, considered negative criticism from you as a good thing.

glockmail
10-24-2007, 09:35 AM
I didn't get "sucked in" to believing anything that wasn't the truth.

"Ron Paul - the ONLY republican candidate that supports immediate withdrawal from Iraq - leads all other republican candidates in contributions received from active and retired military." that is a fact... and I hardly think it is anything "sensational". It is what it is.... military personnel contributing to a candidate that is against the war in Iraq.

and please realize that how I "appear" to you is of less than zero importance to me. I do, and always have, considered negative criticism from you as a good thing. Post 39.

glockmail
10-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Gee I thought you said that you weren't interested in the picture. http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=143536&postcount=28 Another HFM lie exposed.

I've never heard about outfits like that. Perhaps you could explain how you use them and for what purpose. Are they something that you and bullypulpit wear when you are together?