PDA

View Full Version : Wow I am amazed I never would have imagined

Trinity
10-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Both of my boy's 11 and 9 have been listening to nothing but hip hop for the past couple of years and both of them have straight dove right into the 80's. They get on youtube and watch videos from when I was a teen Twisted Sister, Kiss, Motley Crue, AC/DC, Ozzy and apparently they are not the only ones a lot of their friends from school are listening to this music as well.

I had to take my 11 year old to the doctor today and we were listening to the radio (hip hop) on the way, he starts changing stations then busts out with where is the 80's music station? I said um we don't have any he was pissed so I told him to get into my cd's and find the one labeled 80's and 90's rock he found it put it in and ws quite happy at that point.

gabosaurus
10-19-2007, 03:57 PM
My musical tastes developed in much the same manner. My dad is a total metalhead, from back in the late 60s. My mom prefers more classic rock and soft rock.
I was always a Daddy's Girl. Our weekly Father-Daughter bonding experience was to go out shopping for CDs on Saturday or Sunday. That is where I developed my love of music.

Later this month, my dad and I are going to see Springsteen in Los Angeles.

Trinity
10-19-2007, 04:01 PM
My musical tastes developed in much the same manner. My dad is a total metalhead, from back in the late 60s. My mom prefers more classic rock and soft rock.
I was always a Daddy's Girl. Our weekly Father-Daughter bonding experience was to go out shopping for CDs on Saturday or Sunday. That is where I developed my love of music.

I think that's why I find this so odd, they are listening to what I grew up listening to as a teen without much exposure to it from me. I still on occasion will listen to 80's but it's a rare occasion. I have listened to more 80's music in the past month then I have listened to since the 80's.

jackass
10-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Thats ok...my 8 yr old daughter LOVES those gloves from the 80's. Ya know the one with no fingers or half fingers. She wears one set that is hot pink and black stripes.

dan
10-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Jim & Sir Evil got me into 80's metal at a young age. That was the first music I really remember digging.

OCA
10-19-2007, 07:18 PM

Springsteen sucks.

Joan
10-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Evil drives me nuts with his 80's shit, but I get him back by playing Elvis as loud as it will go. He soon gets the message!

OCA
10-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Evil drives me nuts with his 80's shit, but I get him back by playing Elvis as loud as it will go. He soon gets the message!

Throw in some "Four Freshmen" even if you don't like them for good measure, that should drive him batshit crazy!