PDA

View Full Version : Cape Cod Commission denies Cape Wind application

stephanie
10-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Liberal elite hypocrisy at it's finest...What was that about global warming??:cow:

YORK (Reuters) - The Cape Cod Commission in Massachusetts Thursday denied Cape Wind's application to bury electric cables needed to connect its proposed 420-megawatt offshore wind farm in the Nantucket Sound to the state power grid.

Cape Wind said in a release that it would challenge the Commission decision. The Cape Cod Commission is a local organization created by the state in 1990 to manage growth and protect Cape Cod's natural resources.

Sen. Ted Kennedy and many residents who own coastal property from where they could see the wind turbines on a clear day oppose the project along with some environmental groups concerned about disrupting the patterns of migratory birds and the potential effect on local sea life.

The project's supporters, who include other environmental groups, meanwhile claim it would provide renewable energy, improve air quality, lower electricity costs and increase the reliability of the power grid.

Although the wind farm would be located in federal waters, the transmission lines connecting the project to the grid crosses land controlled by state and local authorities.

read the rest...
http://www.reuters.com/article/environmentNews/idUSN1930289620071019?feedType=RSS&feedName=environmentNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Nukeman
10-19-2007, 09:14 PM
This is so typical of the Liberal elitist always screaming to fix all the worlds problems........."jsut not in my back yard"......

This is so pathetic. I would be one of the first to sign up for wind power, solar, nuclear or whatever to help. These snotty elitest are nothing but a bunch of "do as I say not as I do" morons....HYPOCRITES

stephanie
10-19-2007, 09:31 PM
This is so typical of the Liberal elitist always screaming to fix all the worlds problems........."just not in my back yard"......

This is so pathetic. I would be one of the first to sign up for wind power, solar, nuclear or whatever to help. These snotty elitist are nothing but a bunch of "do as I say not as I do" morons....HYPOCRITES

sacrificing for global warming is only for us little peons....

Just look at what Al Bore tells us "we all" need to do....Yet..it doesn't pertain to him and the rest of the liberals ELITES...

But....they do have quite a lot of fools falling for it....:dunno:

PostmodernProphet
10-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Sen. Ted Kennedy and many residents who own coastal property from where they could see the wind turbines on a clear day oppose the project

yes, a horrid view....

http://www.derg.ie/cruise06/DSCF2967.JPG

Gaffer
10-20-2007, 02:05 PM
yes, a horrid view....

http://www.derg.ie/cruise06/DSCF2967.JPG

And they are real obstructions to migratory birds too.

Immanuel
10-20-2007, 02:28 PM
And they are real obstructions to migratory birds too.

Well, I am almost certain that those wind mills will block the channel and prevent all those huge yachts from getting out into the deep waters. Do you have any idea how far around those things that these yachts will have to go? :poke: Do you have any idea how much fuel those things eat up?

We wouldn't want the Kennedy's to be inconvenienced now would we?

Immie