PDA

View Full Version : So Dan

Said1
10-19-2007, 09:43 PM
In 3 or 4 sentences or less, how do you like working with lawyers?

Personally, I think they're a bunch of F**ken &^&**&^%%%%, but maybe that's just me. :laugh2:

Said1
10-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Ok, Abbey? Maybe you'd like to comment. :laugh2: :poke:

dan
10-19-2007, 10:01 PM
I don't need 3 or 4 sentences: it sucks! The end.

In all seriousness, it's not that bad, 90% of the lawyers we call are actually very friendly to us, but of course you don't enjoy that 90% as much as you stew over those 10% assholes!

Said1
10-19-2007, 10:03 PM
I don't need 3 or 4 sentences: it sucks! The end.

In all seriousness, it's not that bad, 90% of the lawyers we call are actually very friendly to us, but of course you don't enjoy that 90% as much as you stew over those 10% assholes!

Well fine. Enjoy your stupid job then! :fu:

dan
10-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Well fine. Enjoy your stupid job then! :fu:

Ha! I don't like my job, you know that! :slap:

Immanuel
10-20-2007, 08:42 AM
May I ask what kind of a job you have, dan?

I have worked for two different law firms as their controller. I actually felt they were good people to work with. Believe it or not, they actually seemed to care about their employees and provided pretty decent benefits.

Now granted two law firms (one in California and another in Florida) do not make a sample of the nation's firms, but they were good places to work.

Immie

dan
10-20-2007, 01:37 PM
May I ask what kind of a job you have, dan?

I have worked for two different law firms as their controller. I actually felt they were good people to work with. Believe it or not, they actually seemed to care about their employees and provided pretty decent benefits.

Now granted two law firms (one in California and another in Florida) do not make a sample of the nation's firms, but they were good places to work.

Immie

Sure, I'm an editor at a lawyer referral guide called Best Lawyers. My job consists of calling lawyers and interviewing them on the other lawyers in their area. I probably don't have as much direct contact with laywers as you do, and I suppose since we're talking over the phone and also because in america, anyway, we've got a pretty good reputation, they're pretty nice to us. But, like I said, the majority of the time, they're cool, but when they're jerks, they're JERKS.

What does a controller do? From my experience, the people in Florida were pretty nice, and the people in California (outside of LA and San Fran) were pretty laid-back and friendly, too.

Immanuel
10-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Sure, I'm an editor at a lawyer referral guide called Best Lawyers. My job consists of calling lawyers and interviewing them on the other lawyers in their area. I probably don't have as much direct contact with laywers as you do, and I suppose since we're talking over the phone and also because in america, anyway, we've got a pretty good reputation, they're pretty nice to us. But, like I said, the majority of the time, they're cool, but when they're jerks, they're JERKS.

What does a controller do? From my experience, the people in Florida were pretty nice, and the people in California (outside of LA and San Fran) were pretty laid-back and friendly, too.

Accounting and office management.

You actually get through to talk to the lawyers? You must be good or the receptionists are failing at their jobs. :)

Immie