PDA

View Full Version : J Jackson: The right to use Nigger

Yurt
10-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Nas names new CD after racial epithet

The rapper told MTV News that he would indeed be naming his new album after the N-word. And he denied earlier reports that the album's title would be spelled "N---a," considered in some circles a less inflammatory epithet. He said the disc is due out Dec. 11.

"(People) shouldn't trip off the (album's) title; the songs are crazier than the title," he said in an interview posted on MTV's Web site.

But some have been outraged by the rapper's choice.

"The title using the 'N' word is morally offensive and socially distasteful. Nas has the right to degrade and denigrate in the name of free speech, but there is no honor in it," the Rev. Jesse Jackson said in a news release. "Radio and television stations have no obligation to play it and self-respecting people have no obligation to buy it. I wish he would use his talents to lift up and inspire, not degrade."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071019/ap_on_en_mu/music_nas_album_title;_ylt=AifsrDxKKEvVDXtep2WsmOw EtbAF

actsnoblemartin
10-20-2007, 10:27 AM
I wish he would use his talents to make real music.

Nas names new CD after racial epithet

The rapper told MTV News that he would indeed be naming his new album after the N-word. And he denied earlier reports that the album's title would be spelled "N---a," considered in some circles a less inflammatory epithet. He said the disc is due out Dec. 11.

"(People) shouldn't trip off the (album's) title; the songs are crazier than the title," he said in an interview posted on MTV's Web site.

But some have been outraged by the rapper's choice.

"The title using the 'N' word is morally offensive and socially distasteful. Nas has the right to degrade and denigrate in the name of free speech, but there is no honor in it," the Rev. Jesse Jackson said in a news release. "Radio and television stations have no obligation to play it and self-respecting people have no obligation to buy it. I wish he would use his talents to lift up and inspire, not degrade."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071019/ap_on_en_mu/music_nas_album_title;_ylt=AifsrDxKKEvVDXtep2WsmOw EtbAF

Hugh Lincoln
10-21-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm tired of niggers.