PDA

View Full Version : ebayer trying to scam me...

darin
02-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Anyone remember that Ebayer who sent a broken flash to me?

The short version is this:

I got a flash for my Digital Camera from a guy in NC. The flash showed up broken. When I emailed him with in 60 minutes of getting the flash, he started going off. Yadda Yadda I'm going thru a paypal Claim; trying to get my money back. Last night, per paypal, I returned the flash to the seller (who already has left NEGATIVE Feedback on my ebay account).

The flash has been sent back -

Thank you for providing the following tracking information:

Tracking Number: 859917369690

Shipping Company: FedEx

Once we confirm delivery, a refund will be issued to your PayPal account. This tracking information has been shared with the seller. No further action is required of you at this time.

This morning, I get THIS Gem from the seller:

Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 3:14 AM
To: darinpemberton@xxxxxx
Subject:

you are a fucking liar, I hope you die a painful death.

yes - his font was that big...THAT'S over the line...wow.
Now - I forwarded the note to his ISP, and paypal. Anything else I should do? Anybody want his email address? :)

I'm on hold with PayPal now, asking if THEY think he'll NOT send the money back.

shattered
02-07-2007, 09:58 AM
If Paypal ruled in your favor, and he doesn't send it back, they *should* (used to at least) pull it right from his account and send it to yours. If not, then your CC company should reverse the charges.

Mr. P
02-07-2007, 10:06 AM
I think paypal will credit the money back as soon as dilivery conformation is made. I could be wrong and wouldn't swear to that.

I'd also make a complaint with Ebay. I understand they are getting better about booting scam sellers. But from what I've been seeing lately, I wouldn't bet on that.

darin
02-07-2007, 10:11 AM
If Paypal ruled in your favor, and he doesn't send it back, they *should* (used to at least) pull it right from his account and send it to yours. If not, then your CC company should reverse the charges.

PayPal said "As soon as the claim was filed we placed a 'hold' on the money in his paypal account."

That's re-assuring.

I didn't use a Credit Card for the purchase. :( Next time I'll know. If I had, I'd likely have my money back already.

I still haven't replied to his negative feedback - Now that PayPal says they have my money on 'hold' in his account, think I'd be safe doing the feedback? I'm thinking I'll reply as follows:

Received broken Item - Not-as-described Claim filed 12/06, claim won 02/07

Just like that - per your advice, shattered. :) Nothing but the facts.

Now, for his Negative feedback...

Seller sent Broken item; Claim won 02/07; then received vulgar/harrasing emails

Something like that?

shattered
02-07-2007, 10:16 AM
No feedback until you actually have possession of your money. Then you can throw the refund date in there, and people can see how long the process took.

Lemme think a bit.. I think you can do more damage than just saying vulgar/harassing emails..Leave that part for the *second* part of the neg you're leaving for him.

You want to ruin future business for him - not just basically call him a psycho.

darin
02-07-2007, 10:17 AM
No feedback until you actually have possession of your money. Then you can throw the refund date in there, and people can see how long the process took.

Lemme think a bit.. I think you can do more damage than just saying vulgar/harassing emails..Leave that part for the *second* part of the neg you're leaving for him.

You want to ruin future business for him - not just basically call him a psycho.

I LOVE the way you think :D

shattered
02-07-2007, 10:21 AM
I am quite loveable.

I'll msg you when I've come up with something.. You have 90 days from the auctions close to leave your feedback.

darin
02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
I am quite loveable.

I'll msg you when I've come up with something.. You have 90 days from the auctions close to leave your feedback.

We're already past the 60-day mark. :(

Mr. P
02-07-2007, 10:29 AM
I am quite loveable.

Hey, Yank! Are you still doing the doll houses?

shattered
02-07-2007, 10:29 AM
That's ok. Still plenty of time. Once people see that entire timeframe, that alone will make them hesitant to deal with him. When's your 90-day mark?

shattered
02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey, Yank! Are you still doing the doll houses?

I've got one in my basement that's still half finished. Needs one more room electrified, one more room tiled, and the roof built and assembled, as well as the porch finished. :D

darin
02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
That's ok. Still plenty of time. Once people see that entire timeframe, that alone will make them hesitant to deal with him. When's your 90-day mark?

3 March.

shattered
02-07-2007, 10:32 AM
3 March.

No problem. I promise. :D

Abbey Marie
02-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Now, for his Negative feedback...

Seller sent Broken item; Claim won 02/07; then received vulgar/harrasing emails

Something like that?

I would characterize his email as threatening.

Pale Rider
02-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Anything else I should do?

I'd be tempted to contact the local athorities after receiving an email like that.

darin
02-07-2007, 11:07 AM
I'd be tempted to contact the local athorities after receiving an email like that.

well - it doesn't say "I'm GOING to cause you death" - it's simply wishing 'when I die' it's painful'

Abbey Marie
02-07-2007, 11:36 AM
well - it doesn't say "I'm GOING to cause you death" - it's simply wishing 'when I die' it's painful'

That's a fine line, D.

darin
02-07-2007, 11:50 AM
That's a fine line, D.

:beer:

If I get more like that I'd consider pressing the issue.

Hobbit
02-07-2007, 12:48 PM
That's why I use a debit card. If this had happened to me, I'd call in a 'stop payment' to my bank, inform PayPal, and that would be it.

The Slayer
02-07-2007, 03:22 PM
You can protest the feedback he left you. Contact Ebay about the feedback forward on the email he sent you and they should pull it off of your account.

darin
02-07-2007, 03:24 PM
You can protest the feedback he left you. Contact Ebay about the feedback forward on the email he sent you and they should pull it off of your account.

Ebay doesn't remove feeback unless it meets specific guidelines. I'm afraid the feedback will remain. I will get a chance to REPLY to the feedback, however.

The Slayer
02-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I was unaware, I had a nasty feedback pulled from mine a few years ago due to a similiar situation. I apologize for giving bad advice.

darin
02-07-2007, 03:40 PM
I was unaware, I had a nasty feedback pulled from mine a few years ago due to a similiar situation. I apologize for giving bad advice.

lol :) Not Bad advice at all - just advice I've already tried to take, but failed. :(

darin
02-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Update:

Feb 9, 2007 2:12 PM Delivered

I called PayPal: they said it goes like this:

The guy gets an email saying the package was delivered. They tell him "Please log-in to paypal and confirm delivery. If you do not within (a couple-few) business days, PayPal will confirm delivery with the shipping company and initiate the refund automatically.

The guy at PayPal said, as well, "If the guy decides you sent him a box of rocks, and NOT the product, he'll still have to close the case (By getting you the refund), then file a seperate case, starting over. It's rare that appeals actually re-open claims; most get settled right away."

He indicated i should have my refund by monday or tuesday.

darin
02-11-2007, 08:57 PM
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST got this email!!

Dear darin pemberton,

We have concluded our investigation into the following claim:

Transaction Date: Dec 4, 2006
Transaction Amount: -$160.00 USD
Your Transaction ID: 6XX06652X11120929
Seller's Transaction ID: 5X988356N6112142T Case Number: PP-228-700-859 Seller's Name: Gary Clark Seller's Email: gweclark@peoplepc.com

The tracking information you provided was invalid and we were unable to confirm delivery of the item associated with this claim. As a result, the case is now considered closed and we are unable to process a refund.

We encourage you to work directly with the seller to find a resolution.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Protection Services Department

WHAT THE HELL????

SOMEBODY explain this to me!

Shipment was MADE and TRACKED

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?ascend_header=1&clienttype=dotcom&cntry_code=us&language=english&tracknumbers=859917369690

Mr. P
02-11-2007, 09:26 PM
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST got this email!!

WHAT THE HELL????

SOMEBODY explain this to me!

Shipment was MADE and TRACKED

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?ascend_header=1&clienttype=dotcom&cntry_code=us&language=english&tracknumbers=859917369690

Left at front door. Package delivered to recipient address - release authorized Talk to Fedex..But no sig required? Hummmm. Like no iinsurance man.

My guess is the guy claims he hasn't received it. Without a sig you can't prove he did.

darin
02-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Talk to Fedex..But no sig required? Hummmm. Like no iinsurance man.

My guess is the guy claims he hasn't received it. Without a sig you can't prove he did.

I only was asked to prove the package got there. PayPal says the tracking number was invalid - nothing else. They said "when the package was delivered" my duty was fulfilled...I confirmed that by calling them, too.

:(

I called paypal - after 20 mins on hold, the guy tried the number I had in the claim, and it was the correct number. He said "man, I'm sorry - send an appeal...they should correct this for you."

:-/

Abbey Marie
02-11-2007, 09:45 PM
I only was asked to prove the package got there. PayPal says the tracking number was invalid - nothing else. They said "when the package was delivered" my duty was fulfilled...I confirmed that by calling them, too.

I called paypal - after 20 mins on hold, the guy tried the number I had in the claim, and it was the correct number. He said "man, I'm sorry - send an appeal...they should correct this for you."

How annoying. Keep the faith, D!

Mr. P
02-11-2007, 09:57 PM

Yes they should.

darin
02-12-2007, 10:53 PM
25 hours later, still nothing.

Just got off the phone. The representative said this to me:

Okay - wow...this is weird. First off, you complied with everything you were asked. Even in the case record I see we have the delivery CONFIRMED. I have NO IDEA why somebody would send you the email and close the case.

I asked 'how to we fix this, then? As soon as the case was closed the guy gets MY $160 AND his flash back!"

"Well, sir, PayPal will just have to take care of you. This is totally our fault. You'll hear from our claims folks within 24-36 hours - maybe sooner, and they'll re-open the case."

Encouraging...not perfect, but encouraging.

Grumplestillskin
02-12-2007, 10:58 PM
I'd still be pissed at the seller. You are gonna leave neg feedback right?

darin
02-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Going to work up a good feedback comment for the seller yes.

BOY am I GLAD I called.

JUST saw this in my inbox:

From: sendmail@paypal.com [mailto:sendmail@paypal.com] On Behalf Of complaint-response@paypal.com
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 8:00 PM
To: xxxxxxxxx@comcast.net
Subject: Resolution of PP-228-700-859 :PBP190:

Dear darin pemberton,

PayPal has concluded our investigation of the following Buyer Complaint:

Transaction Date: Dec. 4, 2006
Transaction Amount: $160.00 USD
Seller's Email: xxxxx@peoplepc.com
Seller's Name: Gary Clark

Our investigation has determined that the seller is at fault, and we have recovered your funds. Your account has been credited $155.06 USD. Please allow up to 5 days to see the adjustment on your account. This amount is the maximum we were able to recover.

Insein
02-13-2007, 02:30 AM
Going to work up a good feedback comment for the seller yes.

BOY am I GLAD I called.

JUST saw this in my inbox:

Victory is YOURS!!!

Grumplestillskin
02-13-2007, 04:05 AM
Excellent...now for the feedback - and you gotta post it here!

shattered
02-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Followup to his neg - on YOUR profile:

Item rec'd defective. Asked to return, seller defensive, threatened violence.

That's 78 characters. You have a total of 80 you can use.

We'll work on HIS profile next. :D:D

5stringJeff
02-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Great news!

Abbey Marie
02-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Followup to his neg - on YOUR profile:

Item rec'd defective. Asked to return, seller defensive, threatened violence.

That's 78 characters. You have a total of 80 you can use.

We'll work on HIS profile next. :D:D

That seems about right.

darin
02-13-2007, 02:21 PM
My neg feedback to him, with my follow-up and HIS reply:

BIN PAID 12/4, REC 12/11 DMGD, SELLER REFUSED REF/EXCH 12/14. FILED W/PP 12/14.

Follow-up by closedpost: AFTER 2+ MO SELR SENT THREAT EMAIL 2/9: CNFRM DEL 2/11; CLAIM WON; REF RECD 2/12

Reply by 4hhelen: buyer broke the flash,just out of shop,wanted his money back I called him a liar

...and he said he hopes I die a painful death. :) What a fuck-tard.

TheStripey1
02-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Is it possible to post his entire email, profanity, threats and all, on the ebay comment line?

cuz people should know what kind of lunatic they are dealing with when dealing with him...

glad you got your money back...

darin
02-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Is it possible to post his entire email, profanity, threats and all, on the ebay comment line?

cuz people should know what kind of lunatic they are dealing with when dealing with him...

Only get 80 characters - and cannot include URLs. If somebody asks me about the negative Feedback, I'd gladly send them the whole story. Going to build a webpage, and offer it as explanation.

shattered
02-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Only get 80 characters - and cannot include URLs. If somebody asks me about the negative Feedback, I'd gladly send them the whole story. Going to build a webpage, and offer it as explanation.

Darin - Do NOT put that page on your ME page, or reference it ON eBay in any way. They will not only pull the page, but then they will also pull the feedback you left for him, but leave the feedback he left for you.

You're better off just drafting an email, and leaving it alone until someone asks you about it - then just send them that email.

shattered
02-15-2007, 10:43 AM

No. Doing so will cause D to have HIS account suspended. You may not post personal emails in any way, shape, or form.

darin
02-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Darin - Do NOT put that page on your ME page, or reference it ON eBay in any way. They will not only pull the page, but then they will also pull the feedback you left for him, but leave the feedback he left for you.

You're better off just drafting an email, and leaving it alone until someone asks you about it - then just send them that email.

What's an ME page? I'm saying, if somebody asks me about the transaction, I'd send them a link to a page showing the details. That's all.

Btw - I find it EXTREMELY sexy that you're lookin out for me. :D

:wank:

shattered
02-15-2007, 10:48 AM
What's an ME page? I'm saying, if somebody asks me about the transaction, I'd send them a link to a page showing the details. That's all.

Btw - I find it EXTREMELY sexy that you're lookin out for me. :D

:wank:

Hah. Put that thing away. :D

If you don't know what a ME page is, I'm not going to tell you. :D Just keep that page strictly to requested emails. Don't "volunteer" it to someone that's already bid on the auction that's not asking you about it.

All that happy shit is called "auction interference", and a nono, no matter how good your intentions may be.. It causes eBay to "lose money", and they don't like that.

darin
02-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Hah. Put that thing away. :D

If you don't know what a ME page is, I'm not going to tell you. :D Just keep that page strictly to requested emails. Don't "volunteer" it to someone that's already bid on the auction that's not asking you about it.

All that happy shit is called "auction interference", and a nono, no matter how good your intentions may be.. It causes eBay to "lose money", and they don't like that.

You really want me to put it away? That's not what you said LAST NIGHT! :p

Yup - I figure, if somebody is bothered enough by ONE neg feedback (which I think is clearly accounted for in my Response to the Feedback) to the point they msg me, THEN I'll explain it. Until then, I'll just go on-going on. :)

shattered
02-15-2007, 10:51 AM
You really want me to put it away? That's not what you said LAST NIGHT! :p

Yup - I figure, if somebody is bothered enough by ONE neg feedback (which I think is clearly accounted for in my Response to the Feedback) to the point they msg me, THEN I'll explain it. Until then, I'll just go on-going on. :)

Good boy. :cheers2:

darin
02-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Good boy. :cheers2:

I'd REALLY love to go drinking with you. :)

shattered
02-15-2007, 10:57 AM
I'd REALLY love to go drinking with you. :)

I'll admit it..You'd drink me under the table by the 3rd drink - I'm a lightweight.

darin
02-15-2007, 10:59 AM
I'll admit it..You'd drink me under the table by the 3rd drink - I'm a lightweight.

[evil laugh]PERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFECT!!!!! !!!!![/laugh]

shattered
02-15-2007, 11:01 AM
[evil laugh]PERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFECT!!!!! !!!!![/laugh]

I'm tellin!

The ClayTaurus
02-15-2007, 11:08 AM
GotZoom, is that you? :dunno:

darin
02-15-2007, 11:44 AM
yeah - Me, GotZoom, and gop_Jeff were all the same person.

Abbey Marie
02-15-2007, 03:00 PM
yeah - Me, GotZoom, and gop_Jeff were all the same person.

Well, duh.

5stringJeff
02-15-2007, 03:36 PM
yeah - Me, GotZoom, and dmp were all the same person.

5stringJeff
02-15-2007, 03:36 PM
yeah - Me, GotZoom, and dmp were all the same person.

Oops! Double post!

:D

darin
02-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Oops! Double post!

lol :)

I can't wait to play my bass tonite, then move to NewYork this year..

DAM!! Wrong account!!