PDA

View Full Version : *Copperfield Getting Nifonged*

chesswarsnow
10-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But the cops are rapping a good mans name again.
2. Where shall he go to get his good name back?
3. Sound familiar to what Nifong did to those three kids.
4. Read this:

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7234182

"
There are new allegations and exclusive details on the David Copperfield FBI raid. Thursday's Eyewitness News told you about the raid -- Friday, there's new information about connections between Copperfield and a possible rape in the Bahamas.

The police in the Bahamas said no one from the FBI or any other law enforcement agency contacted them about allegations of David Copperfield raping a Seattle woman.

Eyewitness News confirmed that Seattle area FBI agents raided the warehouse and a source close to the investigation said agents left with a computer hard drive, a digital camera system and what appeared to be two million dollars in cash.

Friday though, reports came out that Copperfield was accused of rape at his Bahamians Islands purchased last year. Our sister station in Seattle confirmed Seattle police took a police report from the woman but the police would not confirm if the accusation was rape or if it took place in the Bahamas.

But Eyewitness News also spoke exclusively with the police for the commonwealth of the Bahamas. They had not heard of the allegations until we told them.

"The way the matter was reported, I would be happy to talk to you, but the matter was not brought to our attention," said Chief Glenn Miller, Bahamas Chief Superintendent.

Late Friday afternoon, Copperfield's attorney, David Chesnoff, wrote in a statement: "An allegation has been made about supposed sexual misconduct by David Copperfield. The allegation is 100-percent false, and we deny it in the strongest possible terms. Unfortunately false allegations are all too often made against famous individuals."

Law enforcement agencies aren't saying much, but the Bahamanian authorities say that if any criminal activity took place in their country -- they would be the ones investigating and prosecuting. But so far, the FBI has left them out of the loop.

"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

diuretic
10-20-2007, 10:27 PM
This is really weird. When I heard the report I wondered why the hell the FBI were involved in an alleged rape. Now it appears that the alleged rape is supposed to have occurred outside the jurisdiction of the FBI and in another country's jurisdiction. I don't know much about extraterritoriality in US law but I do now it exists. It will be interesting to see if there is an attempt to charge him with rape committed in another country.

PostmodernProphet
10-21-2007, 07:10 AM
I would like to help him with a trick.....we could make that $2 million disappear......

diuretic
10-21-2007, 09:56 PM
I would like to help him with a trick.....we could make that $2 million disappear......

:laugh2:

gabosaurus
10-21-2007, 10:47 PM
What evidence do you have that he is innocent? Sounds like he is in deep shit to me.

diuretic
10-22-2007, 12:23 AM
What evidence do you have that he is innocent? Sounds like he is in deep shit to me.

If he's in deep shit then his lawyer will be there for him, not like the bloke hasn't got a few bucks to pay his brief. But the piling on by the media is ridiculous. I don't get Fox but is Greta canning him yet?

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. No Evidence.
2. A person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
3. I have met David, and he seems like a straight forward guy, who is honest.
4. I am judging him by my personal knowledge of him, he's a Great Guy.
5. The FBI attacking his belongings, in order to do a discovery, is wrong unless they have probable cause.
6. I haven't heard the evidence for probable cause, so I presume his innocence.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gaffer
10-22-2007, 11:47 AM
If he's in deep shit then his lawyer will be there for him, not like the bloke hasn't got a few bucks to pay his brief. But the piling on by the media is ridiculous. I don't get Fox but is Greta canning him yet?

Haven't heard anything. But then I don't watch greta. She's just a gossip queen. Won't watch FOX from 9 pm on. I'll watch a movie I have seen 25 times before I'll watch hannity and colmes or greta.

JackDaniels
10-22-2007, 12:35 PM
We, as the public, have no access to the real evidence which will show Mr. Copperfield's guilt or innocence.

Hagbard Celine
10-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Does anybody know why they took his money? Does getting accused of a crime automatically make your money the property of the Feds?

Nukeman
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
What evidence do you have that he is innocent? Sounds like he is in deep shit to me.You know for someone as liberal and educated as you claim to be sometimes what comes off your keyboard amazes me.

It is not our place to present evidence of his "innocence" it is the place of the police and prosecuting attorney to show and prove guilt. Did you forget that "EVERYONE IS INNOCENT UNTILL PROVEN GUILTY"

I would ask you a question how can a crime be committed in another country and no charges filed, yet someone comes back to the US and says "I was raped" days later. Unless Mr copperfield did this and took pictures of the act I dont see how any jury could ever convict him even if he did it... NO PROOF except heresay.....

PostmodernProphet
10-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Does anybody know why they took his money? Does getting accused of a crime automatically make your money the property of the Feds?

I suspect they took it as potential evidence of a crime to be identified later.....I'm sure he can come up with a reasonable explanation....."Honest, I was practicing an illusion for my next television special".....or "Me and Los Angeles were thinking about going out for beer and pizza later"

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But *The FBI* better have some *Real Charges*.
2. Otherwise we are looking at another attempt to bring down a *Conservative*.
3. Without *Probable Cause*.
4. This could truly be sad for America, if they don't have a good reason for going through his stuff.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

JackDaniels
10-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But *The FBI* better have some *Real Charges*.
2. Otherwise we are looking at another attempt to bring down a *Conservative*.
3. Without *Probable Cause*.
4. This could truly be sad for America, if they don't have a good reason for going through his stuff.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You have no way of substantiating anything you post, and use little intelligence when you submit your posts.

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Errr,...thanks for the critique Albert Einstein.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

PostmodernProphet
10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Otherwise we are looking at another attempt to bring down a *Conservative*.

first I have heard that Copperfield was political.....