PDA

View Full Version : Global Milding

MIKESHARQ
02-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Chicago February 5, 2007 – Record low temperature -9 degrees Fahrenheit.

Chicago February 6, 2007 – Record low temperature -2 degrees Fahrenheit.

The Weather Channel reported that temperatures would be MILDER tomorrow (Feb 7), expected high +6 and a low of only ZERO.

This is only my opinion, but I think real science has a long way to go prove human caused Global Milding!

MS

Hagbard Celine
02-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Chicago February 5, 2007 – Record low temperature -9 degrees Fahrenheit.

Chicago February 6, 2007 – Record low temperature -2 degrees Fahrenheit.

The Weather Channel reported that temperatures would be MILDER tomorrow (Feb 7), expected high +6 and a low of only ZERO.

This is only my opinion, but I think real science has a long way to go prove human caused Global Milding!

MS

You guys act like you're surprised that it's cold during the winter. Global warming is real whether it's caused by humans or not. Glaciers worldwide aren't melting because it's getting any cooler.

Dilloduck
02-07-2007, 01:26 PM
You guys act like you're surprised that it's cold during the winter. Global warming is real whether it's caused by humans or not. Glaciers worldwide aren't melting because it's getting any cooler.

And why should we care ?

Hagbard Celine
02-07-2007, 01:40 PM
And why should we care ?

I don't know. I certainly don't. I hope it gets warmer because I hate being cold and I hate the winter. The only thing good about it is skiing--and they figured out how to do that indoors! http://www.skidubai.com/So I'm over winter.

The point of my post is that this thread is stupid. Of course it's cold. It's winter! Even if we completely lost our ozone layer and it was summertime year round, it would still get slightly cooler in the winter because the Earth tilts away from the sun. It has nothing to do with global warming.

The argument that it's cold during winter so global warming can't be happening is moronic. If the Earth isn't warming then why is all the ice melting? Did it decide to melt? Is it "Intelligent Melting?" :piss2:

Dilloduck
02-07-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't know. I certainly don't. I hope it gets warmer because I hate being cold and I hate the winter. The only thing good about it is skiing--and they figured out how to do that indoors! http://www.skidubai.com/So I'm over winter.

The point of my post is that this thread is stupid. Of course it's cold. It's winter! Even if we completely lost our ozone layer and it was summertime year round, it would still get slightly cooler in the winter because the Earth tilts away from the sun. It has nothing to do with global warming.

The argument that it's cold during winter so global warming can't be happening is moronic. If the Earth isn't warming then why is all the ice melting? Did it decide to melt? Is it "Intelligent Melting?" :piss2:

I think that the freezing point of some H20 has just gotten a degree of so higher. It's all happening at the sub atomic level.

Hagbard Celine
02-07-2007, 02:04 PM
I think that the freezing point of some H20 has just gotten a degree of so higher. It's all happening at the sub atomic level.

You're right. The atomic structures of Antarctic ice shelves that have been frozen in place for thousands of years suddenly mutated to raise their overall freezing points and coincidentally synchronized it with glacial ice all over the planet to make it all happen at the same time!

Hobbit
02-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Central Greenland's getting thicker. Outer Greenland's getting thinner. Some Antarctic glaciers are getting thicker, some thinner. Same for the Arctic glaciers. Some places in Canada are thinning. Some places in Siberia are thickening. This is a dynamic planet. Stuff can change in once place and not the other. It's summer in Australia. Here, it's frickin' cold, at least for Atlanta. The ground is wet here, but in Chile, there are places that haven't seen rain for centuries. The tide is in in some places, but out in others. It's night time in India. It's mid afternoon here. Weathermen have enough issues predicting what it's going to be like tomorrow. It's the height of hubris to think you can say what it'll be like a decade from now.

Hagbard Celine
02-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Central Greenland's getting thicker. Outer Greenland's getting thinner. Some Antarctic glaciers are getting thicker, some thinner. Same for the Arctic glaciers. Some places in Canada are thinning. Some places in Siberia are thickening. This is a dynamic planet. Stuff can change in once place and not the other. It's summer in Australia. Here, it's frickin' cold, at least for Atlanta. The ground is wet here, but in Chile, there are places that haven't seen rain for centuries. The tide is in in some places, but out in others. It's night time in India. It's mid afternoon here. Weathermen have enough issues predicting what it's going to be like tomorrow. It's the height of hubris to think you can say what it'll be like a decade from now.

You're right. Issuing warnings that never before seen levels of arctic and glacial ice are melting all over the planet is arrogant. I don't see where they get off trying to predict what would happen if this continues to occur. It's almost like they're worried about the future of the planet. What a bunch of pussies! Am I right?

Sitarro
02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
You're right. Issuing warnings that never before seen levels of arctic and glacial ice are melting all over the planet is arrogant. I don't see where they get off trying to predict what would happen if this continues to occur. It's almost like they're worried about the future of the planet. What a bunch of pussies! Am I right?

No, your not.