PDA

View Full Version : Debates tonight

10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Wow. I was really impressed with just about everyone tonight. Especially Guiliani, Huckabee, Romney, and Tancredo. The four of them came off super strong in my book although Tancredo didnt get much time to answer anything.

I thought Thompson did alright. Im still not very impressed with him. its just a total gut thing. he reminds me too much of Bob Dole.

I think Ron Paul's answer concerning health care demonstrated that he doesnt know a damn think about what the Constitution says about the Federal governments role in health care. What kind of solution is defunding everything else to pay for healthcare? How is that Constitutional? I saw much more constitution responses from the other candidates.

McCain had some good lines. particular about Hillary wanting to spend alot of money on a Woodstock memorial and him not being there because he was "tied up" at the time. but other than that he really annoyed me. He kept saying he was the most conservative... I mean does he think we are stupid??? He supported Amnesty for Illegals, opposed the constitutional option to appoint conservative judges, opposed tax cuts. He has compromised on a number of major issues for conservatives and expects us to all believe he is the most conservative person? Bullcrap! He said he is running on his record and his record speaks for itself. And his record demonstrates he isnt conservative. He also went on about how he is just going to be straight forward with the people. This from the guy who wrote a book about how all politicians lie because the system forces them to. There are things i admire McCain for, and his honesty (or lack thereof) is NOT one of them.

Guiliani suprised me when he said there were some circumstances where he could support an amendment on marriage. I dont know if this is a new development or he had actually articulated on this before as he said but it was a surprise.

Personally watching the candidates i think the top three should be Guiliani, Romney, and Huckabee, because i could see the fire in the belly of all three of them. I just dont see it with all the others although I could support the others if they are nominated.

manu1959
10-21-2007, 11:10 PM
brit hume is the man.....

who looks like a president......

Kathianne
10-22-2007, 09:32 AM
I have to agree with Avatar. The 3 that consistently come off sounding the best are Huckabee, Guiliani, and Romney, IMO.

Gaffer
10-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Gulliani and Romney are the FOX favorites so they got most of the questions last night. I did want to see more of what the others had to say. ron paul just showed he's an idiot and way out of his league. I like Thompson, Huckabee and Tancredo. Hunter got to answer two questions I think. Have no clue about him.

I like the FOX interviewers because they really get into issues. But last night was the Gulliani, Romney, McCain show. It was disappointing.

theHawk
10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
The GOP is doomed to lose if it comes down to the two liberals Rudy and McCain and the Mormon.

stephanie
10-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I finally watched this debate...
1. it was on Fox, where they actually ask grown up questions..
2. Fred Thompson was in it...

I thought F. Thompson did o.k..I think he is just starting to get fired up, we'll see..

I'm still VERY impressed with Duncan Hunter..

The rest of the pact.........Pfeeesh

Ron Paul......total loony toon, sheesh