PDA

View Full Version : *California FireFighters: Helping Burn Down California*

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I have been watching this fire fight in California, and the Fire Fighters are not fighting, but standing by and watching.
2. Back Fires, etc.
3. Its insane what they get away with calling *Fire Fighting*.
4. They could be all standing around drinking beer, and no one would be surprised.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

hjmick
10-22-2007, 10:24 AM
You obviously have never experienced the intensity of these dry, hot Santa Ana winds.

With gusts upwards of 80 to 90 mph, sustained winds in the neighborhood of 30 to 40 mph, vertical canyon walls and steep hills covered in dry brush that hasn't been cleared or burned in years and hasn't seen any substantial rain for longer than it's been growing, there is little or nothing they can do except try to protect the homes in the area of the fires. With the winds blowing chunks of burning embers, even protecting the homes is next to impossible.

There are hand crews on the ground doing their very best to try and cut fire breaks in the hill sides at great risk to their own safety in 90 degree heat, dry howling winds, and blowing coals.

In winds like the ones we are experiencing it is a risky proposition at best to get the planes and helicopters up, but they do it. For the most part, the wind disperses the water and Phoscheck they drop before it hits the ground making it ineffective, yet still they fly.

The men and women who are fighting these fires are working damn hard and I suggest you pull on some boots and get out there with them before you cast dispersions on their efforts.

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I have been watching this fire fight in California, and the Fire Fighters are not fighting, but standing by and watching.
2. Back Fires, etc.
4. They could be all standing around drinking beer, and no one would be surprised.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hey fuckstick why don't you move to California and fight the fires yourself? You try and battle 200 foot walls of flames. Right now there are almost 20 people in the UCSD burn center, half of the firemen, 5 in serious condition. You have no idea what these guys and gals are up against.

I've been sucking smoke all day and my trucks AC system reeks. Here are some photos of what these guys are up against, so until you've stood in their boots, you need to shut the fuck up.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/Mick012.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/Mick020.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/Mick019.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010356.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010362.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010369.jpg

JackDaniels
10-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Sorry bout that,

2. Back Fires, etc.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You really don't know much about anything.

glockmail
10-22-2007, 04:58 PM
I think this is God's way of telling us:
1. Don't overpopulate the desert.
2. Timber is for harvesting, not whining over.

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But personal attacks warms me heart.
2. When people like you want to attack the messenger, it only shows how demented you are.
3. I think you have aggression issues.
4. I have my opinion on California Fire Fighters.
5. I have lived there and know what its like there with the Santa Anna Winds etc.
6. Watch the footage of firemen, most are just dabbing some water on an area where it seems like they are trying to smother it with mist.
7. I don't appreciate ass holes attacking my relevant opinions.
8. But it still warms me heart, Hehehehe,........

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

JackDaniels
10-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Sorry bout that,

2. When people like you want to attack the messenger, it only shows how demented you are.
5. I have lived there and know what its like there with the Santa Anna Winds etc.
6. Watch the footage of firemen, most are just dabbing some water on an area where it seems like they are trying to smother it with mist.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It's not one person telling you you're a moron...it's everyone.

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Ahhh an old fashion flame war eh???
2. Where else to have a flame war than a *Fire Fighters Lame Work* thread?
3. Look Neoliberal, no one really cares what you think.
4. At least I don't give a crap what you think about me.
5. But if you want to attack me, bring it on Jack, it warms me heart.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

JackDaniels
10-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Ahhh an old fashion flame war eh???
2. Where else to have a flame war than a *Fire Fighters Lame Work* thread?
3. Look Neoliberal, no one really cares what you think.
4. At least I don't give a crap what you think about me.
5. But if you want to attack me, bring it on Jack, it warms me heart.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Umm..do you read English? All you have to do with look at the replies to this thread.

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Until you've stood in their boots, I'll continue to call you a fuckstick. Look at those pictures and tell me your plan of attack. Tell the board how the TexasRetard would fight these fires. Amaze us with your wealth of fire fighting knowledge.

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Here's a couple more photo's of what it's like...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/Mick022.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/Mick017.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/Mick003.jpg

Sitarro
10-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Sorry bout that,

2. Back Fires, etc.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I have lived in Southern California and volunteered to work on a few fires. How can you possibly judge the job they are doing from a few seconds of video on the news. Those men and women are some of the hardest working people on the planet and work in an environment that is not only deadly dangerous but incredibly demanding on the body and equipment. I salute them all and have no doubt that they are busting their asses to do what is possible to save lives and property at the risk of their own.:salute:

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Click the satellite photo to enlarge it. That's smoke, not rain.

http://www.weatherunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=zoom&num=1&delay=15&scale=0.750&noclutter=0&ID=NKX&type=N0R&lat=32.84790802&lon=-116.98807526&label=Santee,%20CA&showstorms=0&map.x=394&map.y=240&centerx=400&centery=237&lightning=0&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Sorry bout that,

Until you've stood in their boots, I'll continue to call you a fuckstick. Look at those pictures and tell me your plan of attack. Tell the board how the TexasRetard would fight these fires. Amaze us with your wealth of fire fighting knowledge.

1. But my opinion of you just hit the dirt.
2. I can have my opinion, whatever you want to call me.
3. So go and **** yourself pal.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

diuretic
10-22-2007, 06:12 PM
I live in a semi-arid part of Australia that has experienced some terrible bushfires over the years, I'm not a firefighter (metro or bushfire fighter) but I have had training in bushfire management due to my job. Your objectors are quite right Chess, firefighting isn't simply putting water onto a fire. With this type of huge bushfire it's a question of management. Backburning is one tool that firefighters use to try and slow and limit the progress of a fire by taking out fuel in a controlled manner. Backburning is extremely hazardous and here many firefighters have been killed because of a wind shift.

The Santa Ana conditions there come from the desert and head towards the ocean I think. Very similar to here except our winds come from the desert from the north an north-west. Those winds are creating, with the fires, micro-climates. Those micro-climates operate like compound interest does in finance, they massively complicate weather and therefore the activity of the fire. But it's possible to predict fire behaviour and that's how it's done here and no doubt in other bushfire-prone areas. We have had firefighters from California, Washington, Oregon, Idaho etc come here and help us fight our fires and we have sent our people to the western states to help out (good that we have opposing seasons).

There is some good info here - http://www.bbm.csiro.au/

Anyway, fighting a set of fires like this is akin to fighting a war. The generals direct their resources strategically and from what I' ve seen that's what is happening in SoCal.

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I found this short clip, where you get to see some fire fighters, but they seem all to busy talking about this thing or that.
2. And the only time you see a fireman apply water to anything is when he is spraying a garage, while the trees are burning right near to where he could just as easy put out the tree.
3. I call that lame fire fighting, its my opinion.
4. So see it here:called: "Wildland Fire with Area Ignition"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsfwiRfvB80

5. Also see "PartII", same deal, just talk, no one actually fought the fire.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But my opinion of you just hit the dirt.
2. I can have my opinion, whatever you want to call me.
3. So go and **** yourself pal.

Regards,
SirJackassofTexas

In response..

1. I just checked in the mirror and just as I gueesed, there's no concern in my eye.
2. Sure you can have an opinion, but until you can explain to me that you know more than they do, your opinion carries about as much weight as a pile of dog shit.
3. How does one **** themselves?

diuretic
10-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Firefighting in these areas is also a co-operative effort. People who live in bushfire-prone areas need to take responsibility for their property, can't leave it entirely to firefighters, so there's a need for community and firefighter co-operation. We're only a small population in a big state here so it's necessary for co-operation because of our lack of resources.

This is our firefighting authority - http://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/

Apart from the permanent officers in HQ and regional offices (and there's not that many of them) every single person, frontline firefighter or support person, is an unpaid, well-trained volunteer and they risk their lives for nothing other than the thanks of a grateful community.

Gaffer
10-22-2007, 07:39 PM
The Santa Ana winds are horrendous in that area this time of year. These strong winds blow for days. Like having a major storm come through your area with high winds. Except these winds don't stop after a short time.

Most of the pictures you see are taken in relatively safe areas. And the fire fighters are there taking a break from the exertions. Or your looking at some of the commanders who are discussing what to do next. They are definitely not just sitting around bullshitting.

I took part in fighting a forest fire one time. It was the hardest work I have ever done. Those guys and gals deserve all the respect you can give them. The films and pictures your seeing are not telling the whole story chess. Might want to back down on you condemnation.

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Just watching @ 8:04 pm Monday night here in Texas on *FOX NEWS*, and they filmed a couple firemen sitting on top a mountain.
2. Just sitting there, doing what?
3. Nothing.
4. While homes are being burnt to hell.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Like I said, fly your dumb ass to California and show them how to do it. Until then, shut the fuck up.

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Sorry bout that,

Like I said, fly your dumb ass to California and show them how to do it. Until then, shut the fuck up.

1. You Shut Up.
2. Who died and made you God?
3. Who has given you the authority to tell others here to "Shut The Fuck Up"???
4. You're really a load eh bud?
5. YOU'RE STARTING TO REMIND ME OF YOUR AVATAR!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. You Shut Up.
2. Who died and made you God?
3. Who has given you the authority to tell others here to "Shut The Fuck Up"???
4. You're really a load eh bud?

Regards,
SirDumbassofTexas

Getting under your skin jimbo? You want to say these firefighters are letting homes burn, not me. I'm just calling you on it. You get your lazy ass out here and show them how it's done. If you can't, then shut the fuck up. You have no idea what they go through. Let's see you carry 100+ pounds of gear on your back in 100+ degree temperatures with few breaks. My hat goes off to these men and women. The same folks you would call if your house were on fire. You would call them wouldn't you? I can hear the call now..."Hello, 911? My house is on fire and I need you to send some of those lazy bastards over here to put out the fire before my house gets burnt to hell."

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Sorry bout that,

[QUOTE=82Marine89;143269]"Getting under your skin jimbo?"

1. Not at all, your senseless attacks warms me heart.
2. Your are a rather large load, is my opinion thou.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Sorry bout that,

"Getting under your skin jimbo?"

1. Not at all, your senseless attacks warms me heart.
2. Your are a rather large load, is my opinion thou.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Someday, one day, one of you liberal bastards will address the points of my comments instead of ignoring them or changing the subject.

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Sorry bout that,

Someday, one day, one of you liberal bastards will address the points of my comments instead of ignoring them or changing the subject.

1. I answered the part of your post I wanted too.
2. Most of your attacks I just flush.
3. Also I am not a liberal bastard, I'm a Conservative .
4. Just because others don't see things the way you do, you think you have the right to insult them.
5. Like I said, you've built yourself up to a rather large load, you know what I mean.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I answered the part of your post I wanted too.

Because you know you are wrong on the rest.

2. Most of your attacks I just flush.

Because you aren't man enough to take me on.

3. Also I am not a liberal bastard, I'm a Conservative .

You are a faux conservative.

4. Just because others don't see things the way you do, you think you have the right to insult them.

Actually, you're the only one I insulted.

5. Like I said, you've built yourself up to a rather large load, you know what I mean.

Are you retarded?

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I find that hilarious!
2. When we have a basic disagreement.
3. You shoot off your fat mouth claiming others are this or that, or, one of the bottom feeders most coveted insults, *Retarded*.
4. :laugh2:
5. Some of you Internet vultures are funnier than hell.
6. With every post you look more and more like your *Avatar*, Butt-Face....Hehehehehehehe,.....

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 09:27 PM
You're masturbating aren't you?

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Now we all know where your head is, up your ass.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

glockmail
10-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Come on you two. Don't be pussies. Take the gloves off. :poke:

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Now we all know where your head is, up your ass.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hey, you're the one getting excited over all this.

You keep a box of Kleenex by your monitor, don't you?

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But you ain't going to change me mind.
2. I have been studying Calif. fire fighters for years.
3. And I have noticed this pattern, for all those years.
4. Here in Texas Fire Fighters, put fires out.
5. There they just get people out of their homes, and cord-en off the area.
6. And on the most part stay out of the fires path.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But you ain't going to change me mind.
2. I have been studying the fire fighters for years.
3. And I have noticed this pattern, for all those years.
4. Here in Texas Fire Fighters, put fires out.
5. There they just get people out of their homes, and cord-en off the area.
6. And on the most part stay out of the fires path.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You like studying firemen? Something you want to tell us?

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Sorry bout that,

Come on you two. Don't be pussies. Take the gloves off. :poke:

Hehehehehe,..........

1. I don't want to lower myself to his level.
2. I have made my point.
3. I'm done arguing with the butt~head.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Sorry bout that,

Hehehehehe,..........

1. I don't want to lower myself to his level.
2. I have made my point.
3. I'm done arguing with the butt~head.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hehehehehe? You are a pussy.

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But really, I know how much you like all this, but I am nothing like YOU.
2. YOU, are not respectable in any way whatsoever.
3. And I would rather have nothing whatsoever if anything to do with YOU.
4. There are many Neoliberals with YOUR, kind of thinking.
5. YOU sure YOU aren't a Neoliberal?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But really, I know how much you like all this, but I am nothing like YOU.
2. YOU, are not respectable in any way whatsoever.
3. And I would rather have nothing whatsoever if anything to do with YOU.
4. There are many Neoliberals with YOUR, kind of thinking.
5. YOU sure YOU aren't a Neoliberal?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hey queer boy. I already told you you're not a conservative. You're probably the biggest liberal this board has seen. You don't respond to valid points, you change the subject, and you voted for Bill Clinton. You're about as liberal as they come.

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

Hey queer boy. I already told you you're not a conservative. You're probably the biggest liberal this board has seen. You don't respond to valid points, you change the subject, and you voted for Bill Clinton. You're about as liberal as they come.

1. Give it up *Neoliberal* you've been outed.
2. Hehehehehehe,............

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Give it up *Neoliberal* you've been outed.
2. Hehehehehehe,............:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

gabosaurus
10-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Good to know that cheesey is as ignorant about firefighting as he is about politics.
I've been to Texas. My relatives live in Dallas. There is nothing in Texas that compares to a Southern California wild fire. We have mountainous terrain, lots of open dry brush and land dotted with peaks and valley. We also have winds that blow up to 100 mph. It's dry wind as well. It doesn't blow straight across either. It swirls up and down, as well as a circular pattern.
California wild fires can move up to 60 miles per hour. The embers can travel several miles in minutes.

Cheesey, you need to admit that your intelligence is nonexistant on this matter. You can watch TV all you want, but you will never experience anything we have. If you had bothered to graduate from high school perhaps you would know something about weather.

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Good to know that cheesey is as ignorant about firefighting as he is about politics.
I've been to Texas. My relatives live in Dallas. There is nothing in Texas that compares to a Southern California wild fire. We have mountainous terrain, lots of open dry brush and land dotted with peaks and valley. We also have winds that blow up to 100 mph. It's dry wind as well. It doesn't blow straight across either. It swirls up and down, as well as a circular pattern.
California wild fires can move up to 60 miles per hour. The embers can travel several miles in minutes.

Cheesey, you need to admit that your intelligence is nonexistant on this matter. You can watch TV all you want, but you will never experience anything we have. If you had bothered to graduate from high school perhaps you would know something about weather.

It must be snowing in Hell, cause we agree on this one. :cool:

gabosaurus
10-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Dude is ignorant. Anyone can park their beer gut in front of a TV and criticize people.
Police and fire fighters are the real heroes of American society. They protect us in ways that no one can even dream of. They deserve our ultimate respect and admiration.

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 11:04 PM
When Liberals, Libertarians, and Conservatives can stand together in defense of our first responders, it shows me there is hope for this great Nation. Cheesewars you are wrong on this and everyone that has responded to this thread knows it. :slap:

manu1959
10-22-2007, 11:33 PM
hey chess,

how many fire crews you run?

how many fires you fought?

Yurt
10-22-2007, 11:37 PM

The world has come to an end :laugh2:

diuretic
10-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Just watching @ 8:04 pm Monday night here in Texas on *FOX NEWS*, and they filmed a couple firemen sitting on top a mountain.
2. Just sitting there, doing what?
3. Nothing.
4. While homes are being burnt to hell.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Firefighters can do only so much, protecting houses probably isn't high on their list of priorities.

Unless a house is made entirely of inflammable material (eg untreated wood) then it won't necessarily burn down. A bushfire isn't usually very fast but it does tend to move quickly on flat ground (faster uphill, slower downhill) and it will pass a house rapidly.

Most houses that burn down are unguarded and may have not been properly protected. Evacuations mean empty houses and empty houses have no-one in them to protect them.

The doctrine here is to decide early to leave or stay. If you leave then you may come back to your house being burned down but you are still okay. If you stay then as long as your house is protected (water is available for firefighting, windows closed up and window coverings are pulled over, chimneys blocked etc). Undergrowth needs to be well cleared from the house and all overhanging trees should be cut back. You can get out and water the house while the fire is approaching. Once the fire is close then get back inside the house and shut it up completely. The fire passes in seconds.
Then it's time to get out when it has passed and then put out any embers that may be around and especially on top of the house and the eaves etc.

The radiant heat from the fire is what kills, not the flame. People caught in a bushfire are killed from radiant heat before the flames even get to them. It's safer to stay in the house than to try and outrun a bushfire.

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 11:45 PM
The radiant heat from the fire is what kills, not the flame. People caught in a bushfire are killed from radiant heat before the flames even get to them. It's safer to stay in the house than to try and outrun a bushfire.

No shit. I rolled down my windows to take the two photos the are almost entirely flames. If you look at one of them, you can see a highway sign in the lower right corner. That is how big the flames were. The heat was so intense that my forearm was burning hot for a few hours.

diuretic
10-23-2007, 12:04 AM
No shit. I rolled down my windows to take the two photos the are almost entirely flames. If you look at one of them, you can see a highway sign in the lower right corner. That is how big the flames were. The heat was so intense that my forearm was burning hot for a few hours.

Imagine getting caught in a stalled vehicle when that fire-front came towards you? I read the inquest statement of a man who left it too late to evacuate safely from a bushfire, his wife and grandkids and dogs were in a car in front of him and they got stuck on a dirt track as the fire came towards them. He was in his car behind them and saw them burst into flames inside the car well before the actual fire-front of flames got to them, that was the radiant heat. He only survived by covering himself in a blanket and laying on the floor of the car. He felt hot liquid dropping onto his neck which was exposed slightly, he found out later it was the rear vision mirror melting. He was very badly injured (the heat did some internal organ damage and of course to his lungs) but he made it. As I said, he has to live with the sight he saw that day.

bullypulpit
10-23-2007, 04:02 AM

Clear cutting isn't harvesting. And it's never a good idea for any species' population to overtax an ecosystem. They wind up dying in droves.

bullypulpit
10-23-2007, 04:05 AM
Sorry bout that,

2. Back Fires, etc.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You are an idiot. I was stationed in San Diego many moons ago. Santa Anna winds push fire up those dry arroyos with devastating effect, and the terrain is such that fire-fighters can't even get into them to cut a fire-break. SO do us all a favor...give your ears a good, hard tug and pop yer head outta yer ass.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 05:15 AM

Yeah, TX has no mountains and no wind. :poke:

diuretic
10-23-2007, 05:21 AM
I saw some mountainous (well, to me anyway) areas in El Paso. It was pretty much flat everywhere else I went in Tx. Chess in the metroplex I think. Now that's flat. Got wind though, bloody wind shear at DFW.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 05:28 AM
Clear cutting isn't harvesting. And it's never a good idea for any species' population to overtax an ecosystem. They wind up dying in droves. Who said anything about clear cutting? Enviro-wackos won't let harvesting be done, so the fuel builds and builds. I've seen the results in central Oregon. Pristine wilderness surrounded by forest so thick you couldn't walk between the trees. One month after we were there in 2003- gone in a huge fire. The direct result of environmentalism run amuck.
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/Oregon2003133.jpg

chesswarsnow
10-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I suppose this is a matter of prospective.
2. When I see these fire fighters on TV always doing something other than putting water on the fire, seems like thats a pattern.
3. You should watch whats being filmed yourself.
4. Its always the same old story, firemen standing near fire trucks hunkering down in hopes that the flames don't get them.
5. With all the back fires that have gone out of control, you'd think they'd stop lighting them?
6. I used to live out there in California, and have seen first hand how they work, I am not impressed.
7. When it gets like this, it seems to me, its just a controlled burn off.
8. President Bush is about to speak on the subject of the, Calif. fires.
9. I wonder how long it will take before the, *Neoliberals* will blame him for them?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
10-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Hey Cheesewars, shut the fuck up.

Status of biggest local fires

October 23, 2007

HARRIS FIRE
As of 10:30 p.m. yesterday

First reported: 9:23 a.m. Sunday

Acres burned: 25,000

Containment: 5 percent

Structures lost: more than four

Resources: 400 firefighters, 65 engines, six helicopters, five air tankers shared with Witch Creek fire

Deaths: one

Injuries: five firefighters, 16 residents, at least six migrant laborers

SOURCES: Cal Fire, Mexican Consulate

WITCH CREEK FIRE

First reported: 12:37 p.m. Sunday

Acres burned: 145,000

Containment: 0 percent

Structures lost: 500 homes, 50 outbuildings, 100 commercial buildings

Resources: 625 firefighters, 89 engines, six helicopters, five air tankers shared with Harris fire

Deaths: zero

Injuries: eight, including seven firefighters

SOURCE: Cal Fire

CORONADO HILLS FIRE

First reported: 1:50 a.m. yesterday

Acres burned: 300

Containment: 100 percent

Structures lost: at least two

Resources: 40 firefighters, 25 engines

Injuries: zero

SOURCE: San Marcos Fire Department

RICE CANYON FIRE

First reported: 4:16 a.m. yesterday

Acres burned: 1,500

Containment: 0 percent

Structures lost: close to 100

Resources: 50 firefighters, five engines

McCOY FIRE

First reported: 11:37 p.m. Sunday

Acres burned: 400

Containment: 100 percent

Structures lost: one

Resources: 30 firefighters, five engines

Hagbard Celine
10-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Sorry bout that,

2. Back Fires, etc.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Why're ya sorry?

chesswarsnow
10-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. No, I won't shut up.
2. You shut up.
3. Hehehehe,.......:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

gabosaurus
10-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. No, I won't shut up.
2. You shut up.
3. Hehehehe,.......:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Now I understand. There are stupid people who start stupid threads just for the attention it gives them. Haha, people are losing their homes, people are dying, look at me I think no one is doing anything. I am sitting in my home watching TV and masturbating over all this. Hey those fire people should be running into 100-foot-high flames with small water hoses. Looks stupid, where's my beer, when will my dang porn finish downloading.
Well, you got your attention. People are looking at you and laughing. You are exposed as a moron. But hey, at least you are getting noticed. Probably doesn't happen much in real life.

April15
10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
The troll has got his jollies.

82Marine89
10-23-2007, 03:24 PM
These photos were taken at 8 am this morning...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010379.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010380.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010383.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010384.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010385.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010386.jpg

Hagbard Celine
10-23-2007, 03:52 PM
R8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.:eek:

chesswarsnow
10-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Sorry bout that,

Now I understand. There are stupid people who start stupid threads just for the attention it gives them. Haha, people are losing their homes, people are dying, look at me I think no one is doing anything. I am sitting in my home watching TV and masturbating over all this. Hey those fire people should be running into 100-foot-high flames with small water hoses. Looks stupid, where's my beer, when will my dang porn finish downloading.
Well, you got your attention. People are looking at you and laughing. You are exposed as a moron. But hey, at least you are getting noticed. Probably doesn't happen much in real life.

1. Another *Neoliberal*, warms me heart.
2. Next!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Another *Neoliberal*, warms me heart.
2. Next!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It's not liberals telling you that you're a moron..its everyone -- including conservatives in this thread.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 05:58 PM
It's not liberals telling you that you're a moron..its everyone -- including conservatives in this thread. I never called him a moron. That proves you wrong.

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 06:31 PM
I never called him a moron. That proves you wrong.

Now you sound like a child, but it fits your mental capabilities.

Immanuel
10-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I suppose this is a matter of prospective.
2. When I see these fire fighters on TV always doing something other than putting water on the fire, seems like thats a pattern.
3. You should watch whats being filmed yourself.
4. Its always the same old story, firemen standing near fire trucks hunkering down in hopes that the flames don't get them.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Did you ever stop to think that the reason you don't see firefighters out there fighting the fires is that for safety reasons they won't let the camera crew up to the lines?

The firefighters that are being interviewed are ones that have come off the front lines for food, drink and a short rest maybe even a little nap to rebuild their strength so they can go back out there and put their lives on the line for the residents of Southern California.

Immie

glockmail
10-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Now you sound like a child, but it fits your mental capabilities.
Why? Are my sentences too concise for you?

manu1959
10-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Did you ever stop to think that the reason you don't see firefighters out there fighting the fires is that for safety reasons they won't let the camera crew up to the lines?

The firefighters that are being interviewed are ones that have come off the front lines for food, drink and a short rest maybe even a little nap to rebuild their strength so they can go back out there and put their lives on the line for the residents of Southern California.

Immie

hey a logical analysis......how refreshing......

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Why? Are my sentences too concise for you?

No, because you do not understand logic.

chesswarsnow
10-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Just waiting for the wind to die down now, and the humidity to go up so the fire kills itself.
2. Its as if, in California, they have no chance at all to put out a fire.
3. Like I've said, here they put them out, wind or no wind.
4. And I would imagine if we couldn't get the job done around here with the equipment we have, we would either get the equipment to do the job, or invent it to get~r~done.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

manu1959
10-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Just waiting for the wind to die down now, and the humidity to go up so the fire kills itself.
2. Its as if, in California, they have no chance at all to put out a fire.
3. Like I've said, here they put them out, wind or no wind.
4. And I would imagine if we couldn't get the job done around here with the equipment we have, we would either get the equipment to do the job, or invent it to get~r~done.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

yes everything is better in texas......blah blah blah....

chesswarsnow
10-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But just now I am watching *FOX NEWS*.
2. And there's these three house's with a fireman waving a hose at a house that isn't on fire, while a house next door is in flames, while two firemen are folding sheets in the front yard of the burning house.
3. Why ain't they stopping the house from burning?

Regards,
SiramesofTexas

shattered
10-23-2007, 07:09 PM

Immie

I'd love to see him address this point.. But, it seems like he's skipped right over it, and gone on about inventing equipment..

Hey, Chessy..what do you say? Care to address Immie's point?

82Marine89
10-23-2007, 07:12 PM
He'll just write him off as a neo-liberal.

manu1959
10-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Sorry bout that,

2. And there's these three house's with a fireman waving a hose at a house that isn't on fire, while a house next door is in flames, while two firemen are folding sheets in the front yard of the burning house.

Regards,
SiramesofTexas

probably a texas firefighting team......

chesswarsnow
10-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Sorry bout that,

Immie

1. Could be in some circumstances.
2. But last night I saw the *Chief Fireman* in the middle of a rip snorting fire, standing between the San Bernardino Fire Engine, and Glendale Fire Engine, while claiming his men were protecting these houses after rushing down from the hills up higher, because those houses up there were toast, while fires were burning down trees right behind him, next to houses, while no effort whatsoever was being made to put the tree out.
3. I saw it myself.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
10-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SiramesofTexas

You remind me of:

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mba/lowres/mban765l.jpg

chesswarsnow
10-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Constant attacks, if you don't like my thread, just don't post in it.
2. If you disagree, state it, and move on.
3. *Rabid Dog Leagues* are what most of what you people seem like here.
4. Its all done in fun, but I can still rant at you for it.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
10-23-2007, 08:45 PM
You're a troll.

chesswarsnow
10-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

You're a troll.

1. Ahhaahahahahaha,...............
2. Listen to this sub~human.
3. You have to be kidding me right????:laugh2:
4. With every other post you make, you disgust ever real human being that ever was.
5. You of all people need a reality check!:poke:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Fear1030
10-23-2007, 08:55 PM

I think you're a fuckin lazy ass, naive, abused moron.

chesswarsnow
10-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Sorry bout that,

I think you're a fuckin lazy ass, naive, abused moron.

1. Very Typical Neoliberal, joins a site just to attack a fellow poster.
2. Why didn't you attack, *The Great CWN*, instead of Glockmail?
3. I am some what insulted by that feller.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But the *Neoliberals* are claiming this fire is the result of, get this, *Gorebal Warming*.
2. This whole *Gorebal Warming* is being over played.
3. This has been going on for years and years.
4. I saw the same crap when I was out there in the early 80's.
5. Same as then as now, fires rage, firemen block roads, houses burn to hell., people rebuild.
6. Why wasn't it *Gorebal Warming* back then?
7. Read this:

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/wildfires-get-personal-for-lawmakers-2007-10-24.html

"

Wildfires get personal for lawmakers
By Jonathan E. Kaplan
October 24, 2007
Rep. Buck McKeon (R-Calif.) woke up at 2:30 on Tuesday morning to see the hillside behind his house glowing with fire and flames shooting as high as 50 feet in the air. He then watched as the fire ran to the top of the ridge of the hill and raced back down the other side.

McKeon, who returned to Washington on Tuesday afternoon, said in a phone interview that 25 structures had been destroyed and maybe 15,000 people evacuated from his district.

According to Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger reported late Tuesday that 750 homes had been totally destroyed, 68,000 homes were in danger, and 250,000 acres of land had been devastated by the fire, much of it wilderness. In addition, 365,000 people have been evacuated from their homes.

President Bush declared a state of emergency in California and sent Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and Federal Emergency Management Agency Administrator David Paulison to San Diego on Tuesday.

Pelosi said that Congress could have to consider sending more aid to California.

“So far, [state officials] have been able to avail themselves of whatever is available from the federal government. We may have to expand on that as the fires continue to rage,” she said Tuesday on the House floor.

Local emergency officials in San Diego briefed lawmakers from the area on Tuesday evening at the emergency response center there.
The California congressional delegation is drafting a resolution expressing Congress’s support for the first responders and pledging to make resources available to help stop the fires, congressional officials said.

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) asked the Bush administration to “do everything within [its] power to immediately release all resources and provide all possible assistance to those fighting to protect lives and property…Additional ground and air resources are desperately needed.”
Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.), a presidential candidate, remained in California, where he successfully cajoled the National Guard to send six C-130 jets from North Carolina, Wyoming and Colorado to help drop flame retardant to stop the fires from spreading. California’s C-130s were not equipped to fight fires.

“We could use more – more of everything,” McKeon said.

The fires have not spared anyone, including lawmakers.

“The magnitude of these fires are unmatched by anything I have ever seen in my lifetime,” Rep. Elton Gallegly (R-Calif.) said, adding that he had never seen the Santa Ana winds, which carry hot desert air, blow as hard. Some gusts clocked in at 101 miles per hour, and the winds carry embers, which spark new fires.

“Everything is covered in ash. The smell of smoke is overwhelming,” said Gallegly, whose home is ready to be evacuated quickly. “There is a lot of wind damage, too.”

Other lawmakers were trying to protect their aides and constituents by keeping their offices open later and trying to provide as much updated information as possible on their websites.

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who flew to Washington on Sunday from San Diego, could see the fire rage from both sides of the plane, but he did not expect either fire to spiral out of control.

Meanwhile, Rep. Brian Bilbray (R-Calif.) was forced to shutter temporarily his district office after it lost power on Monday. Issa and Bilbray returned to California Tuesday afternoon.

Asked what Congress could do in Southern California, Issa said Congress has two tools, money and regulation, before adding that, “We can’t make it rain.

“It’s hot, it’s dry and people had eucalyptus near their homes,” Issa said, referring to the combustible plant.

Democratic Rep. Susan Davis, who represents San Diego and was trying to get home as quickly as possible, was monitoring the 10,000 people who had been evacuated to Qualcomm Stadium, a mere eight minutes from her home.

Many lawmakers said the smoke and ash resulted in poor air quality from San Diego to as far north as Venice, Calif., where Rep. Jane Harman (D) could see smoke on Sunday from the massive fires raging across southern California. She said the fronds from the palm trees have blown all over the streets.

For now, the fires remain a state and local concern with the federal government playing a coordinating role.

“The most important thing Congress can do is to make sure that local officials are not making decisions based on financial resources, but keeping focus and attention on saving lives,” said Mark Merritt, president of James Lee Witt Associates and a former FEMA official.

Congress could choose to pass an emergency appropriations bill to pay for damages that FEMA programs would not cover, but for now California has in place a “well-greased system when fighting wildfires,” Merritt said.

Officials said Tuesday the winds and high temperatures are expected to continue. But when the fires do stop, lawmakers likely will debate the cause of the fire.

“One reason why we have the fires in California is global warming,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) told reporters Tuesday, stressing the need to pass the Democrats’ comprehensive energy package.

Moments later, when asked by a reporter if he really believed global warming caused the fires, he appeared to back away from his comments, saying there are many factors that contributed to the disaster.

"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I have been thinking.
2. Who the hell's setting these fires?
3. All along I have been holding my opinion on it.
4. But in fact my suspicions have been verified.
5. Just a few minutes ago, *FOX NEWS*, just reported its *The Muslims*.
6. Just heard a *Fireman* say on National TV, "We can use more Fire Trucks, so each of us could do just a little."
7. "Just a Little" is what I'm doing!:laugh2:
8. Like I said, Fire Fighters in California are not experts in fighting fires.:poke:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

manu1959
10-24-2007, 10:29 AM
8. Like I said, Fire Fighters in California are not experts in fighting fires.:poke:
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

maybe they are trying to negotiate with it.....you know liberals....

82Marine89
10-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Those lazy, know nothings just put out a fire about 1000 feet from my house. Thank God for hose draggers.

actsnoblemartin
10-24-2007, 05:10 PM
im glad you, youre family, and your house is ok.

I hope everyone else in california is ok too.

God bless

Those lazy, know nothings just put out a fire about 1000 feet from my house. Thank God for hose draggers.

82Marine89
10-24-2007, 05:14 PM
How are you handling the smoke? I'm in Santee and it's raining ash out here.

82Marine89
10-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Here's the backyard...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010407.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010406.jpg

chesswarsnow
10-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But what can be done to prevent this and help those people?
2. What if you live on a hillside, or mountainous area, rather remote?
3. Those people are left to the mercy of people who live down on the flat land.
4. Thats insane, they should be able to own and provide their own fire fighting groups up there, where they live.
5. At the least they could all go into their own garages, grab the, *Fire Hoses*.
6. Hook them up, and crank on the water.
7. They could be taught in thirty minutes how to roll and un~roll these special water hoses, hook them up, man them and crank on the water.
8. With a small portable pump, they could wheel that down to the fire hydrant, and take care of business.
9. This would at least give them a better chance in fighting fires, while the *Fire Fighters* are still putting on their pants.
10. Also, some one could invent a heavy duty fire extinguisher, that could knock out larger fires, one that is on a trailer, that has enough powder to last for 6 hours.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah seems that the fire departments were not prepared as much as they could of been.
2. They didn't have the, * Air Power *.
3. Check this out:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071026/D8SH4V5G0.html

"

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Thousands of evacuees from areas hard hit by this week's Southern California wildfires were returning Friday to neighborhoods stripped bare, but other communities remained emptied because of blazes that remained threatening and unpredictable.

Southeast of San Diego, a fire that already has destroyed more than 1,000 homes was churning its way toward Julian. The town of 3,000, nestled in the rolling hills of a popular apple-growing region, was under mandatory evacuation.

East of San Diego, firefighters were trying to keep flames from Lake Morena, which is surrounded by hundreds of homes.

"Until you get a control line around each and every individual fire, there's a potential of them blowing out anywhere," said Fred Daskoski, a spokesman for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.

(AP) Chris Molt, and his son Carmine, 2, wait in line to get a pass to return to their home in...
Full Image

Fires in seven Southern California counties have raced across 494,355 acres - about 772 square miles - in less than a week. They were fanned earlier by Santa Ana winds that produced gusts topping 100 mph.

Of the 1,800 homes lost so far, 80 percent were in San Diego County, where several fires remained far from being fully contained . The property damage there alone surpassed $1 billion.

Shelters were clearing out Friday; the last of more than 10,000 displaced residents who sought refuge at Qualcomm Stadium were to have left by day's end.

The NFL said it had decided against relocating Sunday's game between the San Diego Chargers and the Houston Texans.

Mayor Jerry Sanders said the league informed him it intended to play the game as scheduled. The city would be able to provide enough public safety personnel to handle the game without impeding wildfire recovery efforts, Sanders said in a news release.

(AP) Red Cross volunteer Alta Abbott, left, takes a donation for California wildfire victims sponsored...
Full Image

Officials have opened assistance centers where displaced residents can get help with insurance, rebuilding and mental health counseling.

"The challenge now is starting to rebuild and getting them the resources they need to do that," San Diego County spokeswoman Lesley Kirk said Friday. "The county and city of San Diego are very committed to helping these people."

The state has come under criticism for failing to deploy sufficient aerial support in the wildfires' crucial first hours. An Associated Press investigation revealed that nearly two dozen water-dropping helicopters and two cargo planes were grounded by government rules and bureaucracy as flames spread.

The Navy, Marine and California National Guard helicopters were grounded for a day partly because state rules require all firefighting choppers to be accompanied by state forestry "fire spotters" who coordinate water or retardant drops. By the time those spotters arrived, the high winds made flying too dangerous.

Additionally, the National Guard's C-130 cargo planes were not part of the firefighting arsenal because long-needed retrofits have yet to be completed. The tanks they need to carry thousands of gallons of fire retardant were promised four years ago.

(AP) Flames flare up amongst a stand of tress on one of the ridges of Palomar Mountain, Calif. on...
Full Image

"When you look at what's happened, it's disgusting, inexcusable foot-dragging that's put tens of thousands of people in danger," Republican U.S. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher said.

The wildfires are directly blamed for killing three people, a 52-year-old man in Tecate along the Mexican border and a couple in Escondido. Their bodies were discovered in the charred remains of their hillside home. Seven people died of other causes connected to the evacuations.

Border Patrol agents also found four charred bodies in what was believed to be a migrant camp east of San Diego, near the Mexican border. Medical examiners were trying to determine their identities and whether they had died in a fire that destroyed almost 100 homes.

In Orange County, local authorities, the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms were investigating a fire that destroyed 14 homes. It was believed to be started by an arsonist.

Five people have been arrested for arson since wildfires broke out across Southern California this week, but none has been linked to any of the major blazes.

Among the structures threatened Friday was the Palomar Observatory in northern San Diego County. Crews were clearing brush and lighting back burns around the landmark building, Daskoski said.

The observatory, home to the world's largest telescope when it was dedicated in 1948, did not appear to be in immediate danger, said observatory spokesman Scott Kardel, who had been evacuated but was in contact with staff who remained.

---

Associated Press writers Elliot Spagat in San Diego, Martha Mendoza in Running Springs, Scott Lindlaw in Julian, Gillian Flaccus in Jamul and Thomas Watkins, Jacob Adelman, Chelsea J. Carter, Jeremiah Marquez and Robert Jablon in Los Angeles contributed to this report.

"

Regards
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
10-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah seems that the fire departments were not prepared as much as they could of been.
3. Check this out:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071026/D8SH4V5G0.html

The state has come under criticism for failing to deploy sufficient aerial support in the wildfires' crucial first hours. An Associated Press investigation revealed that nearly two dozen water-dropping helicopters and two cargo planes were grounded by government rules and bureaucracy as flames spread.

The Navy, Marine and California National Guard helicopters were grounded for a day partly because state rules require all firefighting choppers to be accompanied by state forestry "fire spotters" who coordinate water or retardant drops. By the time those spotters arrived, the high winds made flying too dangerous.

Additionally, the National Guard's C-130 cargo planes were not part of the firefighting arsenal because long-needed retrofits have yet to be completed. The tanks they need to carry thousands of gallons of fire retardant were promised four years ago.

Regards
SirBrokebackofTexas

You really don't know shit. It had nothing to do with the firemen not being prepared. It was government bureaucracy. The same government you trust to take care of you.

Gaffer
10-26-2007, 07:48 PM
It had to do with the santa ana winds that were gusting up to 80 miles an hour. That restricted the use of aircraft. If you want to blame somebody blame god.

Yurt
10-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Sorry bout that,

3. Check this out:

[
Regards
SirJamesofTexas

Bra, let it go. Why be an effing arm chair warrior? The biggest, hottest Santa Ana's to come in decades and you are bitching? They did their best. Lucky whole place didn't burn. I have told stories of them stopping fires in grossmont and across the way from my parents, yet you still effing gripe. Guess what, fire accompanied by gusts up to 100 mph with single digit humidity creates a major tinderbox. My mom watched the hill across the way from her and she said the wind whipped the fire up and around the hill in SECONDS.

Please STFU. Let's give a big round of applause to the hard working efforts of the fire crews

:clap:

Yurt
10-26-2007, 09:01 PM
It had to do with the santa ana winds that were gusting up to 80 miles an hour. That restricted the use of aircraft. If you want to blame somebody blame god.

I hear one can sue god now....

Gaffer
10-26-2007, 09:08 PM

Yeah I heard that, but I bet its really hard to collect when god loses.

Yurt
10-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah I heard that, but I bet its really hard to collect when god loses.

I pray you are wrong

Gaffer
10-26-2007, 09:46 PM
God can be sued but a congressman can't. How ironic is that?

actsnoblemartin
10-26-2007, 10:04 PM
sue god, I wonder what the payout would be on that :laugh2:

diuretic
10-27-2007, 12:26 AM
sue god, I wonder what the payout would be on that :laugh2:

Billy Connolly already tried it :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268437/

Funny film :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
10-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Hey Patriot, I hope you, your family, are ok

God bless you

Hey fuckstick why don't you move to California and fight the fires yourself? You try and battle 200 foot walls of flames. Right now there are almost 20 people in the UCSD burn center, half of the firemen, 5 in serious condition. You have no idea what these guys and gals are up against.

I've been sucking smoke all day and my trucks AC system reeks. Here are some photos of what these guys are up against, so until you've stood in their boots, you need to shut the fuck up.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/Mick012.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/Mick020.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/Mick019.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010356.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010362.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/P1010369.jpg

actsnoblemartin
10-27-2007, 12:36 AM
I think its just a tense time, i mean people are dying, and losing their homes, and running for their lives.

Im not saying anyone should personally attack you,but when you use provocative words, expect a provocative reaction.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
10-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Unless I am retarded. And i have no bone to pick with anyone in this thread.

They are attacking your opinion chesswarsnow. Your opinion, from what i can gather is very negative about fire fighters, and while, I doubt any one here is saying your not entitled to your opinion, they are saying, that doesnt mean youre right

Does that some it up people?

Yurt
10-27-2007, 01:48 AM

They are attacking your opinion chesswarsnow. Your opinion, from what i can gather is very negative about fire fighters, and while, I doubt any one here is saying your not entitled to your opinion, they are saying, that doesnt mean youre right

Some pointers dear.....

http://www.thefilmexperience.net/images/2003/sanjaya_angel.jpg

if you are going to go around and tell people what to do in terms of 'politeness' etc... you may want to consider some words of your own. and no, don't create a thread apologizing, just accept it man and move on. often we are our own biggest reason we can't overcome. just accept it and move on, don't push your stuff on everyone else.

with that said, using the term retarded as you have is very offensive. ever thought about people who are actually classified as retards and actually grow up hearing that term day after day in school and then come home and night and cry over why kids call them this when they are 'normal'?

all i am saying is, people use words. it is life. you care so much about fag, homo, brown eye, fudge packer, yet you seem to throw around "retard" with no care. At least ass golfers have a choice. "retards" don't.

now, don't cry, don't make a thread saying, sorry. just some advice from Yurt.

:)

actsnoblemartin
10-27-2007, 02:34 AM
Well, two thins.

In this thread.

I was just trying to calm people down

Second, Yeah. I shouldnt use the word retard.

In all fairness, im not making fun of people who are mentally handicapped, since i have mental illness, and also, im saying some people including me sometimes, acts stupid lol. Im not making fun of people who are born retarded.

Some pointers dear.....

http://www.thefilmexperience.net/images/2003/sanjaya_angel.jpg

if you are going to go around and tell people what to do in terms of 'politeness' etc... you may want to consider some words of your own. and no, don't create a thread apologizing, just accept it man and move on. often we are our own biggest reason we can't overcome. just accept it and move on, don't push your stuff on everyone else.

with that said, using the term retarded as you have is very offensive. ever thought about people who are actually classified as retards and actually grow up hearing that term day after day in school and then come home and night and cry over why kids call them this when they are 'normal'?

all i am saying is, people use words. it is life. you care so much about fag, homo, brown eye, fudge packer, yet you seem to throw around "retard" with no care. At least ass golfers have a choice. "retards" don't.

now, don't cry, don't make a thread saying, sorry. just some advice from Yurt.

:)

chesswarsnow
10-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I appreciate that Mr. Martin.
2. And I understand how this fire has affected many people in California.
3. I have lived there and have seen for myself how they do their jobs, and watched them from TV and have concluded they do not do it like other fire fighters.
4. I hear a lot of praise from the media and the Gov. of California, but I don't believe it.
5. This has been my view on them for years, and every time I see a huge fire there I always see the same old fire fighting style.
6. One thing that just blows my mind, is the fire fighters have time to go into a house and gather things off the walls and closets, drawers, but haven't the time to put out the fire around the house or already on the house.
7. I have seen huge amounts of stuff gathered out on lawns as the fire fighters are folding sheets and covering house hold goods with plastic.
8. Then I see fire fighters with real fire hoses blasting fires with the equivalent of a water hose from the side of my house.
9. What do they not have water pressure in California, be it the trucks pumps?
10. I look at the footage from a perspective that some of you do not, and interpret what I am seeing directly from what is happening.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But read this a weep.
2. Seems I have been right all along.
3. They do not fight fires in California,like we do here, in Texas and other parts of USA.
4. They fight fires with both hands behind their backs.
5. Read this:

http://www.star-telegram.com/190/story/280516.html

"

As Calif. fires burned, copters grounded
By AARON C. DAVIS and MICHAEL R. BLOOD
Associated Press Writers
Related Content
California wildfires
As Calif. fires burned, copters grounded
A break for firefighters, FBI investigates arson
AP correspondent Martha Mendoza reports aircraft is helping control a fire that has been burning in the San Bernardino National Forrest since Monday.
LOS ANGELES -- As wildfires were charging across Southern California, nearly two dozen water-dropping helicopters and two massive cargo planes sat idly by, grounded by government rules and bureaucracy.

How much the aircraft would have helped will never be known, but their inability to provide quick assistance raises troubling questions about California's preparations for a fire season that was widely expected to be among the worst on record.

It took as long as a day for Navy, Marine and California National Guard helicopters to get clearance early this week, in part because state rules require all firefighting choppers to be accompanied by state forestry "fire spotters" who coordinate water or retardant drops. By the time those spotters arrived, the powerful Santa Ana winds stoking the fires had made it too dangerous to fly.

The National Guard's C-130 cargo planes, among the most powerful aerial firefighting weapons, never were slated to help. The reason: They've yet to be outfitted with tanks needed to carry thousands of gallons of fire retardant, though that was promised four years ago.

"The weight of bureaucracy kept these planes from flying, not the heavy winds," Republican U.S. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher told The Associated Press. "When you look at what's happened, it's disgusting, inexcusable foot-dragging that's put tens of thousands of people in danger."

Rohrabacher and other members of California's congressional delegation are demanding answers about aircraft deployment. And some fire officials have grumbled that a quicker deployment of aircraft could have helped corral many of the wildfires that quickly flared out of control and have so far burned 500,000 acres from Malibu to the Mexican border.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and other state officials have defended the state's response, saying the intense winds prevented a more timely air attack.

"Anyone that is complaining about the planes just wants to complain," Schwarzenegger replied angrily to a question Wednesday. "The fact is that we could have all the planes in the world here - we have 90 aircraft here and six that we got especially from the federal government - and they can't fly because of the wind."

Indeed, winds reaching 100 mph helped drive the flames and made it exceedingly dangerous to fly. Still, four state helicopters and two from the Navy were able to take off Monday while nearly two dozen others stayed grounded.

Thomas Eversole, executive director of the American Helicopter Services & Aerial Firefighting Association, a Virginia-based nonprofit that serves as a liaison between helicopter contractors and federal agencies, said valuable time was lost.

"The basis for the initial attack helicopters is to get there when the fire is still small enough that you can contain it," Eversole said. "If you don't get there in time, you quickly run the risk of these fires getting out of control."

The first of the 15 or so fires started around midnight Saturday. By Sunday afternoon, fires were raging in Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange counties.

At the request of firefighters on the ground, at 4 p.m. Sunday the state Office of Emergency Services asked the National Guard to supply four helicopters. Under state rules, a California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection "spotter" must accompany each military and National Guard helicopter to coordinate water drops.

The spotters have 24 hours to report for duty, and it took nearly all that time for them and the National Guard crews to assemble. By the time they were ready to go, the winds had made it unsafe to fly.

The helicopters finally got off the ground Tuesday.

Mike Padilla, aviation chief for the forestry department, acknowledged the Guard's helicopters were ready to fly before the spotters arrived. He said state officials were surprised.

"Typically we're waiting for them to get crews," Padilla said.

In a conference call with reporters Thursday, state officials rejected the notion they were ill-prepared, noting that more than 20 helicopters and airplanes were stockpiled in Southern California ahead of the wildfires because of the danger of flames erupting.

But high winds after the fires began meant "there was very little opportunity" to fly, said the forestry department's director, Ruben Grijalva.

"This is not a resource shortage on those days, this is a weather-condition problem," he said.

That explanation doesn't jibe with what U.S. Rep. Brian Bilbray said state officials told him Tuesday night. Bilbray, who represents parts of San Diego, and other lawmakers were informed that 19 Navy and Marine helicopters were ready to fly, some as early as Sunday, but didn't take off because there were no state fire spotters to accompany the crews, said Bilbray's spokesman, Kurt Bardella.

Alarmed, Bilbray quickly helped broker an agreement to waive the spotter requirement, allowing flights to begin Wednesday.

"We told them, 'You don't want the public to be asking why these units weren't flying while we had houses burning,'" Bilbray told the AP.

By the time the helicopters got airborne, the area burned had quadrupled to more than 390 square miles, and the number of homes destroyed jumped from 34 to more than 700.

Criticism from Bilbray and other lawmakers on the call helped lead Grijalva on Wednesday to abandon the state's long-standing policy to have a spotter aboard each aircraft and instead let one spotter orchestrate drops for a squadron of three helicopters.

"I directed them to do whatever was necessary to get those other military assets into operation," Grijalva said.

He said he could not explain why more spotters were not deployed before the flames spread to ensure that every aircraft ready to fly could take off.

Padilla said state spotters do training exercises with the Navy and National Guard and are used to working with them on fires. That's not the case with the Marines, so when helicopters from that branch were made available, the state was caught off guard and had no spotters available.

Regardless, he said, safety - not availability of spotters - was the overriding concern in determining when to allow aircraft into the skies.

Padilla said he didn't want the Marines to participate because they "would have been a distraction" since they weren't trained.

"It's no different from me walking into Baghdad and saying, 'I'm ready to fight the bad guys,'" he said. "They would no more want me in their arenas, not being trained, prepared and equipped, than I would want them if they were not trained, prepared and equipped."

The C-130 saga is a much different story.

More than a decade ago, Congress ordered replacement of the aging removable tanks for the military planes because of safety concerns and worries that they wouldn't fit with new-model aircraft. California's firefighting C-130 unit is one of four the Pentagon has positioned across the country to respond to fire disasters.

New tanks were designed, but they failed to fit into the latest C-130s. Designers were ordered back to the drawing board. Republican Rep. Elton Gallegly said Congress was assured the new tanks would be ready by 2003.

Four years later, the U.S. Forest Service and Air Force have yet to approve the revised design. Air Force spokeswoman Capt. Paula Kurtz said "technical and design difficulties" have delayed the program.

Rohrabacher and Gallegly are angered by the delay, which has left no C-130s capable of fighting fires on the West Coast. The last of the older-model C-130s with an original tank was retired by the California National Guard last year.

"It's an absolute tragedy, an unacceptable tragedy," Gallegly said.

The situation meant that rather than deploying C-130s from inside the state, Schwarzenegger was forced to ask Secretary of Defense Robert Gates to call in the six remaining older C-130s from other states as far away as North Carolina.

None of them began fighting the fires until Wednesday afternoon.

In the meantime, the state relied mostly on smaller retardant tankers that carry about a third of the C-130's 3,000-gallon capacity.

Gallegly said such firepower was sorely needed earlier.

"I have actually flown in one and pressed the button," he said. "I know what they can do."

"

6. Always right--------> *CWN*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
10-29-2007, 06:19 AM
and the liberal media are taking advantage and using the fires to lunch thier cheap shots at Pres Bush

CBS Uses Fires to Remind Viewers Bush 'Never Stopped' to See Katrina Victims
By Brent Baker | October 29, 2007 - 04:32 ET
ABC and CBS on Sunday night pivoted from the success, of the aide efforts for fire evacuees at San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium, to make political points: ABC highlighted a protest about “immigrant rights” and CBS focused on how President Bush's visit to victims contrasted with how after Katrina Bush “flew home from vacation” in Air Force One “thousands of feet above the evacuees” and “never stopped.” Reporter Seth Doane contended, over 2005 video on the CBS Evening News of the Superdome evacuees, Bush peering out the window of Air Force One and that plane flying over the stadium, that “for many it was a sharp contrast with another football stadium two years ago: The Superdome in New Orleans during Katrina -- overcrowded, miserable conditions, all under a leaking roof, while thousands of feet above the evacuees, President Bush flew home from vacation in Air Force One and never stopped.” Doane suggested: “Contrast this past week when the President came to a burned-out area to press the flesh...”

Unsaid, Bush visited, within a week, areas of Mississippi hit by Katrina and made it to New Orleans as soon as conditions made a trip feasible.

Over on ABC's World News, reporter Ryan Owens looked at Qualcomm before noting “across town, a protest by an immigrants' rights group. They say officials didn't do enough to evacuate migrant workers. Four charred bodies were found last week in a field near the Mexican border.” But other news reports made it clear those killed weren't picking crops and could be more accurately described as “illegal aliens” since they were found by a border crossing.

An October 25 San Diego Union-Tribune posting, by Pauline Repard and Greg Gross, reported:

Border Patrol agents found the bodies of three men and a woman in a rocky canyon near the junction of state Routes 94 and 188, between Potrero and Barrett Junction Thursday.

The identity and nationality of the victims haven't been determined yet, but Border Patrol supervisor Joseph Mason said the canyon is part of a rugged mountain route popular with illegal immigrants and smugglers.

“There are large groups and then small groups like this one that go through there on a regular basis,” Mason said. “There are footpaths all over the place.”

Border Patrol agent Matthew Johnson said that earlier in the week, agents rescued a group of border crossers in the area who said there were more people nearby.

“We looked for them, but the fires came up and we didn't find them,” he said.

—Brent Baker is Vice President for Research and Publications at the Media Research Center

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2007/10/29/cbs-uses-fires-remind-viewers-bush-never-stopped-see-katrina-victims

chesswarsnow
11-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But here we go again.
2. More fires out of control.
3. Seems this is going to take place ever month.
4. See the wonder here;
http://alaskareport.com/news1107/z46962_fire_california.htm

"

More fires in Malibu, California
November 24, 2007
Malibu, California - A rapidly growing fire near Malibu, California has burned more than 1,600 acres Saturday, prompting hundreds of people to be evacuated.

"Whenever these fires are pushed by ... winds, it's a like a blow torch with a hair dryer behind it," Inspector Sam Padilla of the Los Angeles County Fire Department said of the fire that began about 3:27 a.m. PT (6:27 a.m.). Its cause was unknown.

There is "absolutely" zero containment right now of the fire, Padilla said. No injuries have been reported, he said.

Fire Capt. Mike Brown said that more than 300 firefighters were trying to control the blaze. The fire began in Corral Canyon, and was moving northwest.

"
5. Seems my invention could of helped, but who's time to make it?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas