PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher helps kick out 9/11 crazies from his live Show

-Cp
10-22-2007, 10:32 AM
LOL!! Not a fan of Bill - but he did a good job here:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzrUD-5hf1A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzrUD-5hf1A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

hjmick
10-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Yeah, Maher has no patience for the 9/11 conspiracy nuts. They've been riding his ass for a while now and they're just pissing him off.

darin
10-22-2007, 10:48 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=8053&highlight=maher

Hagbard Celine
10-22-2007, 11:09 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=8053&highlight=maher

I guess all tv shows should just be outlets for unreasonable conspiracy theorist nobodies to chaotically yell their opinions over those of the show host and invited guest speakers?

glockmail
10-22-2007, 12:02 PM
I was on another message board debating soem of those kooks. They brought up all knids of evidnce that I was able to dispute rather easily. Of course that didn't convince them that they were wrong. Intead I experienced some very rabid attacks.

JackDaniels
10-22-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm a big fan of Bill, and this is no exception.

9/11 truthers are mental midgets with a disregard for common sense.

glockmail
10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm a big fan of Bill, and this is no exception.

9/11 truthers are mental midgets with a disregard for common sense.
They are also nearly always Democrats. :poke:

JackDaniels
10-22-2007, 05:16 PM
They are also nearly always Democrats. :poke:

I'm not a Democrat, but you're wrong. Alex Jones and a huge bloc of the truthers are on on the far right wing.

82Marine89
10-22-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm not a Democrat, but you're wrong. Alex Jones and a huge bloc of the truthers are on on the far right wing.

The Libertarian Party is the far right wing? :poke:

Hugh Lincoln
10-22-2007, 08:42 PM
I still find it hard to believe that both buildings were felled by planes.

Kathianne
10-22-2007, 08:43 PM

Please tell me you are kidding? I thought better of you. I recognize your agenda, just doesn't seem this sardine fits in here.

glockmail
10-22-2007, 08:47 PM
They weren't. It was the fuel inside the planes.

JackDaniels
10-22-2007, 11:33 PM
The Libertarian Party is the far right wing? :poke:

No, I said Alex Jones. Alex Jones is NOT a Libertarian.

manu1959
10-22-2007, 11:37 PM

why?......is it not possible for a jet airplane to fly into a building and take out a substantial portion of the structural and fire saftey systems .... start a fire that further weakens the building releasing the stored energy of the building and pancaking it?

glockmail
10-23-2007, 05:45 AM
No, I said Alex Jones. Alex Jones is NOT a Libertarian. Oh you Libertarians are just so cool. :pee:

You ever see the results of Libertairian government in the US?

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Oh you Libertarians are just so cool. :pee:

You ever see the results of Libertairian government in the US?

Why you do ignore the original point? Once again, you show how dumb you are.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Why you do ignore the original point? Once again, you show how dumb you are.
Dumb to discuss something other than you choose?

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Dumb to discuss something other than you choose?

No, you chose it, you dumbass. You stated most 9/11 truthers are Democrats. I pointed out you are dead wrong, and many in the 9/11 truth movement are far right wing (like Alex Jones, one of the most prominent truthers). You have yet to backup your dumbass statement.

mrg666
10-23-2007, 01:48 PM
do you think some of the boo (moo) crowd frequent this board :D

glockmail
10-23-2007, 01:53 PM
No, you chose it, you dumbass. You stated most 9/11 truthers are Democrats. I pointed out you are dead wrong, and many in the 9/11 truth movement are far right wing (like Alex Jones, one of the most prominent truthers). You have yet to backup your dumbass statement.
If you listen carefully to the video you will here the wackos in the back complaining about Bush and Republicans. I just assumed that means that they were Democrats. But I could be wrong.

Gaffer
10-23-2007, 01:58 PM
If you listen carefully to the video you will here the wackos in the back complaining about Bush and Republicans. I just assumed that means that they were Democrats. But I could be wrong.

If they ain't democrats they are libertarians. There aren't any republican truthers. All truthers are nutwads.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
If they ain't democrats they are libertarians. There aren't any republican truthers. All truthers are nutwads. Maybe some of them are. But libertairians are just democrats who finally realized they were getting the shaft from their party but have too much hatred invested in the GOP to join our ranks.

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Maybe some of them are. But libertairians are just democrats who finally realized they were getting the shaft from their party but have too much hatred invested in the GOP to join our ranks.

Wow, I haven't seen a comment which is that ignorant of political philosophy in a while.

Most Libertarians come from the right wing. That's a fact. That's why you hear about MUCH more Conservative Libertarians than you do Democrat Libertarians.

You honestly just have no idea what you're talking about, and look like a moron.

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 02:27 PM

You are very wrong. Like I said, look at Alex Jones and his entire movement. They are at the forefront of the 9/11 truth movement, and are very very extreme right wing, and will complain about Bush.

Monkeybone
10-23-2007, 02:38 PM
how do you not know that they weren't Dems? were you there? were you the one shouting?

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 02:43 PM
how do you not know that they weren't Dems? were you there? were you the one shouting?

Perhaps you should learn to read English.

I was refuting the main point that all truthers are Democrats, and I illustrated that point by stating look at Alex Jones and his movement, not stating that those particular protesters had any discernible political leanings.

Now, if you can indeed read English, you'll know why your comment is irrelevant.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Wow, I haven't seen a comment which is that ignorant of political philosophy in a while.

Most Libertarians come from the right wing. That's a fact. That's why you hear about MUCH more Conservative Libertarians than you do Democrat Libertarians.

You honestly just have no idea what you're talking about, and look like a moron. Most of the well known libertarians come from the democrats. Your repeated personal attacks on me make you look like the moron.

Monkeybone
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
i can read English Dickweed. Glock was talking about the video, and you said that he was very wrong. and i was just asking how you know that they weren't Dems in the video. if you care to answer that instead of getting personal...or am i asking to much? i am going against what you said or anything. they might/might not be Dems in the audience, but how do you know? can you smell/distunigh with sound your own kind?

glockmail
10-23-2007, 02:47 PM
You are very wrong. Like I said, look at Alex Jones and his entire movement. They are at the forefront of the 9/11 truth movement, and are very very extreme right wing, and will complain about Bush.
Every one that I've conversed with were democrats. The ones on the show the other night were democrats.

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Most of the well known libertarians come from the democrats. Your repeated personal attacks on me make you look like the moron.

No, you look like the moron because your statements can not be backed up with facts.

High ranking Libertarians coming from the right:

Congressman Bob Barr
Tucker Carlson
Ed Crane
George Phillies
Lew Rockwell

and many, many, many more.

Your statement is completely absurd.

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 02:53 PM
i can read English Dickweed. Glock was talking about the video, and you said that he was very wrong. and i was just asking how you know that they weren't Dems in the video. if you care to answer that instead of getting personal...or am i asking to much? i am going against what you said or anything. they might/might not be Dems in the audience, but how do you know? can you smell/distunigh with sound your own kind?

It's not my fault that the point of the thread went over your head, and that illegal immigrants read English better than you do.

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Every one that I've conversed with were democrats. The ones on the show the other night were democrats.

The ones you've conversed with do not represent an entire movement.

If you look at the movement as a whole, you see a wide range of beliefs in the truth movement, ranging from liberal to right wing. But the idea that all truthers are democrats or left wing is absolutely absurd.

Monkeybone
10-23-2007, 02:56 PM
oooo burn. you got me there.

sorry that it went over your head that i was talking about the guys at the show, not everyone. so get off your pompous cloud asshole, sorry that you can only form responses in the form of insults instead of trying to answer a simple question. you sure impressed me and my no good English skills.

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 02:58 PM
oooo burn. you got me there.

sorry that it went over your head that i was talking about the guys at the show, not everyone. so get off your pompous cloud asshole, sorry that you can only form responses in the form of insults instead of trying to answer a simple question. you sure impressed me and my no good English skills.

It couldn't have went over my head because you weren't in the discussion to begin with, you attempted to interject and didn't realize the discussion was about the entire 9/11 truth movement in general and not just a couple specific people in Bill Maher's audience. Go home, kid, you're out of your league here.

Monkeybone
10-23-2007, 03:02 PM
i did realize, so sorry for asking a question, not interjecting. forgot that we weren't supposed to do that on here.. but since it is easier for you to dismiss that to answer, bye then, not wasting my time :fu: so go ahead and claim your 'victory' or whatever it is you do when you can't even talk to someone. sure that it makes nice 'happy-time' thoughts for ya there

glockmail
10-23-2007, 03:18 PM
No, you look like the moron because your statements can not be backed up with facts.

High ranking Libertarians coming from the right:

Congressman Bob Barr
Tucker Carlson
Ed Crane
George Phillies
Lew Rockwell

and many, many, many more.

Your statement is completely absurd.

I've met Bob Barr during the 06 Congressional campaign and he's no libertarian. Calson's a talkmeister, not "high ranking", as he doesn't hold any rank.

Your personal attacks show the weakness of your argument.

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 03:27 PM
I've met Bob Barr during the 06 Congressional campaign and he's no libertarian. Calson's a talkmeister, not "high ranking", as he doesn't hold any rank.

Your personal attacks show the weakness of your argument.

Umm, what the fuck are you talking about? Bob Barr is a Libertarian -- he's on the goddamn Libertarian National Committee and the keynote at the 2008 LP Convention in Denver! You have just shown you know NOTHING about Libertarianism whatsoever, and have been proven wrong, as you cannot provide names of high ranking libertarians who are Democrats.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Umm, what the fuck are you talking about? Bob Barr is a Libertarian -- he's on the goddamn Libertarian National Committee and the keynote at the 2008 LP Convention in Denver! You have just shown you know NOTHING about Libertarianism whatsoever, and have been proven wrong, as you cannot provide names of high ranking libertarians who are Democrats. Big deal. He serves on the Libertarian Committee. He's a registered Republican.

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Big deal. He serves on the Libertarian Committee. He's a registered Republican.

He is a life member of the LP (meaning he donated $1000 and disassociated himself with the other parties). He is a representative on the Libertarian National Committee. He has spoken out against the Patriot Act and the President's Wiretapping program. He is a Libertarian, and theres no way around that. You have been proven wrong, and its best to just give up while you have an ounce of dignity left.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 03:49 PM
He served in Congress with an R besides his name.

But back to the original issue. Most of the 9-11 nutters are Democrats. I don't see Bob Barr in that camp.

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 04:12 PM
He served in Congress with an R besides his name.

And has disavowed the Republicans and joined the Libertarians when he saw the abuse of power by the Republicans, which was EXACTLY my original point, that most LPers come from the right wing.

But back to the original issue. Most of the 9-11 nutters are Democrats. I don't see Bob Barr in that camp.

I never said Bob Barr was in that camp. I said it's a fairly even spread within the 9/11 truth movement. Some come from the liberal side (the Loose Change nuts) some from the Libertarian side, and many from the far right wing (Alex Jones and his entire TerrorStorm, InfoWars movement, which is one of the biggest 9/11 truth movements out there). But the statement that most truthers are Democrats is just plain dumb.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 05:02 PM
And has disavowed the Republicans and joined the Libertarians when he saw the abuse of power by the Republicans, which was EXACTLY my original point, that most LPers come from the right wing.

I never said Bob Barr was in that camp. I said it's a fairly even spread within the 9/11 truth movement. Some come from the liberal side (the Loose Change nuts) some from the Libertarian side, and many from the far right wing (Alex Jones and his entire TerrorStorm, InfoWars movement, which is one of the biggest 9/11 truth movements out there). But the statement that most truthers are Democrats is just plain dumb.

Well again the ones I've conversed with on boards were all democrats. And the nutters that harrassed Maher the other night were democrats. :pee:

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Well again the ones I've conversed with on boards were all democrats. And the nutters that harrassed Maher the other night were democrats. :pee:

Which doesn't show that most of the truthers are Democrats overall. A HUGE portion are on the far right (Alex Jones and his entire movement). Therefore, you comment that "Most of the 9-11 nutters are Democrats" is completely wrong.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Which doesn't show that most of the truthers are Democrats overall. A HUGE portion are on the far right (Alex Jones and his entire movement). Therefore, you comment that "Most of the 9-11 nutters are Democrats" is completely wrong. And we're just supposed to take our word on that?

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 05:45 PM
And we're just supposed to take our word on that?

Let me spell this out for you, because you don't seem to have the intellectual capacity to understand what I'm telling you.

You stated: "Most of the 9-11 nutters are Democrats"

I stated that Alex Jones, who heads one of the biggest 9/11 truth movements, is far right wing, which is obvious (http://www.infowars.com)

Therefore, the statement "Most of the 9-11 nutters are Democrats" is incorrect.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Let me spell this out for you, because you don't seem to have the intellectual capacity to understand what I'm telling you.

You stated: "Most of the 9-11 nutters are Democrats"

I stated that Alex Jones, who heads one of the biggest 9/11 truth movements, is far right wing, which is obvious (http://www.infowars.com)

Therefore, the statement "Most of the 9-11 nutters are Democrats" is incorrect.

"One of the biggest" does not a majority make, necessarily.

I again thank you for the personal insult. It really adds to your credibility.

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 05:58 PM
"One of the biggest" does not a majority make, necessarily.

I again thank you for the personal insult. It really adds to your credibility.

I did not say it was a majority, just that it is incorrect to say that "Most of the 9-11 nutters are Democrats"

And if you don't know that Alex Jones is probably the king of the 9/11 truth movement, you aren't educated enough to give a decent opinion.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 06:04 PM
I did not say it was a majority, just that it is incorrect to say that "Most of the 9-11 nutters are Democrats"

And if you don't know that Alex Jones is probably the king of the 9/11 truth movement, you aren't educated enough to give a decent opinion.

So now I'm not educated. Compared to who, you?

Still waiting for your mathematical proof that the loonies are majority republican.

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 06:08 PM
So now I'm not educated. Compared to who, you?

Still waiting for your mathematical proof that the loonies are majority republican.

I never said they were...I merely said most weren't Democrats...you see the logic, right?

glockmail
10-23-2007, 06:35 PM
I never said they were...I merely said most weren't Democrats...you see the logic, right? So now they're 10%ers, at best. I don't see how that is a majority.

I see you gave up on the "uneducated" angle. Wise move.

JackDaniels
10-23-2007, 06:44 PM
So now they're 10%ers, at best. I don't see how that is a majority.

You keep throwing out these numbers that I never quote. Alex Jones and his movement of far right wingers make up a substantial portion of the 9/11 truth movement, and thats a fact that cannot be denied.

I see you gave up on the "uneducated" angle. Wise move.

There is little doubt that you sound like a moron when you post, and many people here recognize that. Your level of logical abilities show you to be less than educated in any meaningful way.

glockmail
10-23-2007, 09:05 PM
You keep throwing out these numbers that I never quote. Alex Jones and his movement of far right wingers make up a substantial portion of the 9/11 truth movement, and thats a fact that cannot be denied.

There is little doubt that you sound like a moron when you post, and many people here recognize that. Your level of logical abilities show you to be less than educated in any meaningful way.
The only person who has ever responded to me with the word moron has been you.

Sertes
10-25-2007, 11:50 AM
If I can help here, since I'm from the 9/11 Truth Movement, we're from all political sides, starting at far right up to communist left.

Alex Jones in not "the king" as someone wrongly pointed out, he's just the one that denounced 9/11 BEFORE IT HAPPENED, so he's just the first, but he's above no one.

q73hzmJwV5s

Sorry people for the harsh wakeup, I know what it feels like.